smoking is a very bad habit!!!

The lightly moderated completely off topic board with where the usual posting restrictions do not apply. Forum games welcome. There's a catch though: your post count will not increase.

do you smoke?

yes
21%
no
76%
have quit
3%

Total votes: 121

Dizzi
Professional
Professional

smoking is a very bad habit!!!

Post by Dizzi »

i thort that i wud help pass on some info to help other people avoid making the mistakes i did!
everyone tells you that smoking is adictive, but it is hard to see that until you cant quit.
the esiest way is to NOT start in the first place!
most people have been told why they shouldnt smoke, why it is bad for them and what is inside a cigarette, but for alot of people this does not put them off smoking.
a few facts you should know...

*% of male smokers 2005 is 45.8%
*% of female smokers 2005 is 13.8%
*average % of smokers is 29.2%
*Smoking is an addiction. Tobacco smoke contains nicotine, a drug that is addictive and can make it very hard, but not impossible, to quit.
*More than 400,000 deaths in the U.S. each year are from smoking-related illnesses. Smoking greatly increases your risks for lung cancer and many other cancers
*Smoking harms not just the smoker, but also family members, coworkers and others who breathe the smoker's cigarette smoke, called secondhand smoke
*Ex-smokers have better health than current smokers. Ex-smokers have fewer days of illness, fewer health complaints, and less bronchitis and pneumonia than current smokers.
...and i could go on.

so all im trying to say, is dont make the mistake i did! trust me, you will get addicted. maybe not a first, but you will.

some links for quitting are:
* http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/
* http://www.smokefree.gov/
* http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/tobacco/consquits.htm
or visit your local doctor, school nurse etc.

i have created this post so that other members can talk about experiences, questions and opinions ect on smoking.

let me know what you think!
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Have quit.

Cant call it a smoke at all however, maybe max of 5 ciggarettes a day...but well, i quit it, and it feels awesome :) Even 5 cigs can make you stop after running few hundred meters.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Nope, haven't even tried.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nope, not ain't a smoker. :)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I smoke and i enjoy it.
I'm not planning on stopping any time soon.
If i stop smoking i probably have to stop drinking alcohol and coffee too because i can't imagine doing either of them without smoking :lol:
lol wut
A-Styling
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-Styling »

Pabl0z wrote:I smoke and i enjoy it.
I'm not planning on stopping any time soon.
If i stop smoking i probably have to stop drinking alcohol and coffee too because i can't imagine doing either of them without smoking :lol:
M2 8)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I do sports since I'm aware of myself, so I don't smoke
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I'm with Dragster and most normal people on this site. Smoking is very bad for your health and you most likely won't live to see your grandchildren.

I'm a soccer player so I definately don't smoke.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Well smoking is a very bad habit, but let's face it, it's not that easy just to say no... What really worries me is the fact that kids start smoking at very early age, just today I saw a kid who is going to 6th grade of my elementary school (13 years old)... That's just pathetic.

The worst part is that he is the "legend" in his company, and I just know he'll pull more and more kids into it.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I just quited smoking :D . Save's me alot of money :lol:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Dragster wrote:Well smoking is a very bad habit, but let's face it, it's not that easy just to say no... What really worries me is the fact that kids start smoking at very early age, just today I saw a kid who is going to 6th grade of my elementary school (13 years old)... That's just pathetic.

The worst part is that he is the "legend" in his company, and I just know he'll pull more and more kids into it.
I probably wouldn't have started smoking unless i hadn't switched schools when i went to the 7th grade. Almost everybody in that school smoked and of course when i made new friends there i would go with them for a smoke between classes.
Back then i thought to myself: "Naww i'm just gonna smoke a couple once in a while. I won't get addicted to it". And i didn't get addicted to it really on the 7th or 8th grade. I usually just smoked between classes at school and none after school but i did drink back then once in a while and smoked when i went drinking.
Only when i again changed schools when i went to 9th grade i got addicted.
I started smoking after school as well. But by then i had stopped competing in swimming too so i wasn't so concerned about what shape i was in.
So that's the story of how i started smoking :D.
lol wut
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Never smoked, and dont need to.
korge
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

Pabl0z wrote:
Dragster wrote:"Naww i'm just gonna smoke a couple once in a while. I won't get addicted to it"
that iz exactly wot i thort. i started smokin occasionally wen i woz 14. now im 16 n am addicted. i spend so much money on smokin, that im strugglin 2 get by.
yeh i enjoy it, its summut 2 do, but i wish i had neva started.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

That's what they all say. What's so good about it in the first place? All it is is some leaves of a tobacco plant mixed with steroids, rat poison, and other hazardous waste that usually comes out of a nuclear power plant wrapped up in a pretty little white and orange paper or just a white paper with gold bands. There is nothing good about it. You're inhaling toxins giving your lungs a nice slow roast and over a period of 20 years or so they'll be nice black and crispy and you'll be on oxygen and such. It's just not worth it.

Take a nice little browse over to Philip Morris USA to read up on the effects of smoking and what it can do to you.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Dragster wrote:Well smoking is a very bad habit, but let's face it, it's not that easy just to say no... What really worries me is the fact that kids start smoking at very early age, just today I saw a kid who is going to 6th grade of my elementary school (13 years old)... That's just pathetic.

Depends, even tho like i said i cant say that i really smoked alot, but once i said no, it was no. I smoked close to 2 years(with quite frequent breaks of week/few days), and maybe i wasnt addicted to it very much...but im happy with this....feels alot better and makes life alot easier.
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

i think i can safely say that i dnt feel as good now i smoke. i said no for months, then gave in due to peer pressure.
now i smoke, they arent as keen on supplin ma ciggies!
makes ya think twice as to hu ur friends really r.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Dizzi wrote:i think i can safely say that i dnt feel as good now i smoke. i said no for months, then gave in due to peer pressure.
now i smoke, they arent as keen on supplin ma ciggies!
makes ya think twice as to hu ur friends really r.
What are Ciggies:?:
korge
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

It's short for ciggarettes.
Rigga
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rigga »

I don't smoke, never have and never will. I can easily say no, even if we're with a group and every one smokes, they don't have problems with it and I don't either
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

Never smoked... and don't have plans to do so.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I don't smoke and I won't smoke.

I'd rather live a healthy life, though fat food isn't good either. :lol:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I don't smoke, but I might have a couple of drags when I'm out drinking with the lads.

Booze and fags go together really well for some reason . . .
GioDeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by GioDeR »

im smokin'!
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

enzo.ph wrote:Never smoked... and don't have plans to do so.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

i dont smoke ciggaretes, but i have smoked marijuana a few times....

Return to “Can of Spam”