Why a Tuner?/Prefered Racing

Performance tuner hangout for discussion related to performance tuning and blueprints.
Rouse
Ricer
Ricer

Why a Tuner?/Prefered Racing

Post by Rouse »

Why did you want to be a Preformance Tuner and What type of racing do you prefer?

I chose to be a Preformance Tuner because it suits me best; I don't need fancy designs or bright, loud colors to win a race! It's all about what's under the hood.

I prefer racing on grip-based tracks. I feel that the short straight-aways and easy-to-extreme turns really push a car to its limit regardless of how fast you go, and with more than one lap it proves even more with time how good the car drives, as well as how well you drive the car.
:wink:
bomb3
Stock
Stock

Re: Why a Tuner?/Prefered Racing

Post by bomb3 »

i am a speed challenge because i love the speed. i am italian and i live near maranello, where ferrari made his machines. ferrari are very fast cars, for this motiv i like speed challenge
Image Image
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

While in my profile i say im a dragster reality tells me that to be a dragster you have to be a Performance Tuner (or at least have a good one on your side to do the tuning of your car for ya).

You can have the looks, but respect is gained through sacrifice. Do you have what it takes to prove yourself in the track??? I know Performance tuners do, and thats why i respect them.

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

I chose "Performance Tuner" because, in my town, there are a lot of "all show, no go's"... Which means they got pimped out rides, with stock mechanism (The cars are all ugly xD). I also like to make a car my own. On NFSUG2, I always drift in my own performance tuned rx-7 against my friend's lvl3 tuned Impreza. I can drift as well as him in the Impreza, but he can't drift as well as I can in my rx-7, and that shows that it's skill, and no luck :)

My prefered racing type is drift. All since I heard about drift, it have been, drift, drift, drift, drift, drift ,drift and so on. My friends talk to me like they know how to do it (I havn't tried in a real car, but if I treid i would have managed it quite good, I know it), but actually they don't have a clue. They say like: "I pulled the handbrake, and than I began counter-steering. Ya... Riiiight, of course you counter-steer before you are sideways, of course! [-X . Thats how my friend say he drift in LFS... *Laughs*
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

GroundZero wrote:They say like: "I pulled the handbrake, and than I began counter-steering. Ya... Riiiight, of course you counter-steer before you are sideways, of course! [-X . Thats how my friend say he drift in LFS... *Laughs*

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats why you will never see me telling you stories about real life. I have not raced ever (racing with my own stock car against my friends stock cars doesnt count as racing in my opinion) and i will not go around telling people how well i race. My plan is to be the "Drag ...errr..... King?? ....... damn, that sounded weird .... anyways, im planning to be the top of the crop when it comes to drag.

As Bob Marley used to say ...... "you can fool some people some time, but you cant fool all the people all the time".

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

whoaaa doriftuo kingu.
Why? Its simple if u want drift u need make great changes in ure car.
I mean no need 900 hp for drifting ^^ with 200hp also good drift.
Most of all its balance. Great suspenshion settings with camber will give u great angle and style. Speed for me its nothing in drift I need wider line biger angle.
And other drifters also need this.!!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

GroundZero wrote: I can drift as well as him in the Impreza, but he can't drift as well as I can in my rx-7, and that shows that it's skill, and no luck :)
Specialy for u ! In nfs ug2 and carbone and other world. 4WD have diferent type of drifting. On 4WD u must always push aceleration pedal to the floor and jsut control car by stearing. On RX7 RWD and u control car by aceleration when u sideways!

Same thing in real world. On big speed i prefer use e-brake then countersteer then jsut play with aceleration. Im not so pro yes but i know alot of this and i rpactise hard to become pro.
Also 4WD bether on corner enter and exit.

^^ cheers
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

Why a tuner?
It's like love, can't tell the reason:)

Prefered racing.

Cuz my fav is R34 GT-R I'm gonna do my best at grip. I like when a race is not just about horsepower, but the capabilities of the driver. When you have to win using your knowledge not just your right leg... So the other prefered racing is drift 8)
Assymetrix
Ricer
Ricer
Location: cocpit of a multiration-turbo charged nissan 200sx s14a

Post by Assymetrix »

well i ilke cars so i began drawing with them and then i become a creator ? :D

my fav racing type is drift, so i have to work harder than the others on my car :D

my speciality is aerodynamics so i rock (!) at grip and speed challenge, also i can catch balance with aero parts easily
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

lo lu ewen doesnt know how tune aerodynamik in pro street and u talk such a big words. :/
N_K_B
Ricer
Ricer

Post by N_K_B »

Every body need to tuned it's Car before going to race.

i Am the tuner because i like to puss my car in to the limits that it can go..

offcourse i am a Grip Racer but it does not mean that i cannot tune my car...

tuning is something 4m the driving the Car.
Dark_Ride
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dark_Ride »

I choose performance tuner because I try to get the most from my car before putting it on the track I also know a bit about machines and how diffeent parts of the car work... AnywayI love setting my car just as I like before racing it!!

I like grip racing, mostly becuse you dont need big engines and lots of powwer to win, you couldjust drive better than the other. I also like speed challenge because of the Top Speed
It doesnt mather how you stand by your car Its how you race your car you better learn that

Return to “The Garage”