MTV

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

MTV sucks. It's as simple as that. The biggest Norwegian cable network excluded MTV from their channel list last year, and replaced it with a Norwegian music channel. It doesn't play a lot of dance music tho, but neither did MTV. In fact, MTV didn't really play music at all... Pimp My Ride, South Park, Newlyweds... Where is the music in there? Xzibit is a rapper, Jessica Simpson is a pop singer... Ok, but where's the music? What the f*** happened to the good old MTV that played music at least 10 hours a day, and not just 2-3 types of music? There's more than just rap, pop and rock. And if I continue writing more about this now, I'll freak out.

MTV sucks, and I hate them.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

MTV sucks, MTV2 would suck if not for Viva la Bam and Jackass.
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

Morty wrote:There's more than just rap, pop and rock. And if I continue writing more about this now, I'll freak out.

no offence morty, but you have to relise something, like in the 60's 70's all the in music was ppl like the beatles, beach boys, the 80's was sort of rock, and the 90's was mostly the easy listen, now, all this rap and hip hop is in, thats wat ppl are gonna remember for this era
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

D. Jazz wrote:yeh, that is funny as wen stevo shaved his head, i could not stop laughing for like 2 days.....

And then in all the scenes after that you see him bald... its funny as.

If anyone here has the box set (jackass)... have you watched the where are they now thing on it... its funny as when johnny knoxville was drunk and tryin to sleep in the hallway because he thought it was his room.
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

LOL yeh, hey.....i said that already.....but its funny as hell, how funny is it wen he goes 2 attack the camera man
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

D. Jazz wrote:
Morty wrote:There's more than just rap, pop and rock. And if I continue writing more about this now, I'll freak out.

no offence morty, but you have to relise something, like in the 60's 70's all the in music was ppl like the beatles, beach boys, the 80's was sort of rock, and the 90's was mostly the easy listen, now, all this rap and hip hop is in, thats wat ppl are gonna remember for this era
You're gonna make me cry now... I did actually like rap before tho... Before it was all about hoes, pimps and gangstaz, when they just rapped for rapping. Now it's all money and being bad. But that's a different story. I know rap is popular, and I honestly blame MTV for that (yes, I blame them). Rap music is a very bad influence on young people, and it doesn't really sound good. But the thing with MTV is, they don't play music. MTV stands for Music TeleVision, so I think they should live up to their name, and actually play music. Is that really too much to demand?
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

well ur rite there, they hardly play music, only real late @ nite they play it really, during the day its all like actuall shows.....they should actually play music, and yeh, rap somehow turned bout ppls lives and all, i like it better cos u can feel emotion but the thing is, is that now you go 2 shops and all and you see lill kids all dressed up as gangsta, and you no wat really pisses me off, wen there wearing srtuff better than you, im like WTF, i used to hav a bling necklace and i used to wear it, but i seen this lill kid wearing the same 1 and i was like WTF, so i just gave it 2 my friend....
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Hey, we agree :D:D

But I do have some different opinions about the bling stuff... I've always thought necklaces and jewelry are for women (no offence to anyone), and tbh I think it looks weird on guys, and especially the amount of bling the rappers use... That, and the attitude is what I dislike the most about rap...
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

lol, i like it, just not rings, I HATE rings on guys (as in more than 1).....i think it looks sry 4 saying "gay"
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

Wildn out is a pretty good show on MTV.. does any one besides me watch that?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

the only show i like on MTV is Wild n' Out but other than that, I watch BET and MTV2 and sometimes Fuse
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

i like channel U.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

MTV was one of 6 or so channels that were unceremoniously removed from my TV's channel list (along with CMT, VH1, and Nickelodeon, they're not fooling anybody, it's the same channel).
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: MTV

Post by Bernard »

I don't like MTV. I'm watching television only for education and pleasure. If I want to have fun I will read weird stuff on Russian WEAKipedia.

Return to “General Discussion”