Welcome to the Battle Machine online forum!

Chat about all things Battle Machine in this forum.
EA Torque
Battlemachine
Battlemachine

Welcome to the Battle Machine online forum!

Post by EA Torque »

As the thread title states I bid you welcome to the Battle Machine online forum! Please take the time to introduce yourself to the Battle Machine community in this thread.

For those who don't know, I'm Torque. A 27-year-old Need for Speed veteran hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States. I am one of a select few Electronic Arts Need for Speed ProStreet Community Leaders and the Race Day Coordinator and Organizer for the Battle Machine organization.
mrmdrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Welcome to the Battle Machine online forum!

Post by mrmdrifter »

hello everyone , am mrmdrifter , 27 years of age and i live in Slovenia , been playing NFS series since first playstation and first NFS game but switched to pc recently , im also crew leader and moderator at ISRC forums

at ISRC we have our comunity league races to which i sincerly invite you all , links to that forums you can find in advertisement posted by our president jsskppnn

:)mrm
Gin
Stock
Stock

Post by Gin »

Hi i'm Gin. Also known as KGI G1n KL. I'm 18 and the Leader of the Kaotic Gaming Council.
Kotsuumo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kotsuumo »

I'm Kotsuumo, nothing special about me. 22 years old living in Erie, PA, just trying to get by. As it stands, I'm just a normal gamer, who loves racing games and every other type of game under the sun. Been playing the NFS series since the early PS1 days, and have owned all but a few of the games. I'm not to good at tweaking the setting on my cars, but I race for the fun of it, so thats not to much of a big deal for me. I probably wont post much but I'll be around, as I like to lurk a bit to much.
~Self-proclaimed freak
CrazyMiles
Stock
Stock

Post by CrazyMiles »

Hello,

My present handle CrazyMiles AKA ICANT, and Ican and others also in past online NFS games.
I have been playing NFS every since the game came out for PC, the dos version. My grandson got me interested in playing the game and I got hooked. I am a teenager :roll: in the body of a 68 year old man. Which causes me problems because my reflexes are slow. I love to play the games and use the bare minimum that the game can be won with.
jsskppnn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jsskppnn »

CrazyMiles wrote:I have been playing NFS every since the game came out for PC, the dos version. My grandson got me interested in playing the game and I got hooked. I am a teenager :roll: in the body of a 68 year old man. Which causes me problems because my reflexes are slow. I love to play the games and use the bare minimum that the game can be won with.
Hey wow, Miles!

It's great that more mature people also like games. Maybe people will one day understand how good they are for relaxing and unwinding.

:) Jussi

Join International Street Racing Community to extend your gaming experience...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Hi guys,

I tought I just let the Battlemachine people know who I am.

I'm Marco, I'm also 27 Years old, I'm a driving Instructor for a living, and in my spare time I love to play (racing) games, and NFS is my all time favorite racing franchise.
I'm a old school NFS fan, I grew up with the classic NFS games I still love the genre.
Suprisingly I loved NFS Underground while I really disliked the whole Rice scene that was/is going on around the globe (so also in my town) But for some reason I liked the game, it was fast paced and had a nice feel to it.
IMO U2 did not live up to what I expected, same goes for Carbon. MW on the other hand gave the the old school NFS feel.
PS is a whole diffirent story.

Those who visit the NFSUnlimited boards most likely know me already as I am the NFSUnlimiteds board Admin, I now only do the Forum part, and not work on any other parts of the site anymore, when I became a moderator at NFSUnlimited.net I at first only moderated the forums, to see if everybody was getting along nicely. But soon the site expanded, due to the increasing interest in the showroom we had for NFS Underground, and because if the great succes, on of the moderators (GT3x24x7) came up with the Idea to post cars that had a theme make a competition who had the best theme car.
I joined him to make the system work.
For each theme we created a member name (name = the theme) and because there where only 10 slots to post cars in, there where only 10 people able to play. and the winner was the one with the highest score.
It was all pretty primitive, but it soon got more pro, as soon as Bojan noticed how big it got.
Now the showroom is far from what it was when it all started.
And because it got bigger we needed more people specialized in certain parts of the website, so we got showroom mods and so on, because the workload for the original staffmember was getting to big (monitoring the showroom, wich needed constant attention (cheating, downvoting, upvoting etc) and we had to follow the forums also wich gotten more visitors every day.
Around that time I got "promoted" from Moderator to Admin.
I began to focus more on the forum part of the site, and less on the showroom part the site.
Now I am only found on the forums, it's where I fit in best talking with the members and keeping a eye out for problems.
Now I am basicly the Senior Admin on the NFSUnlimited forums.

so enough about be... :shock:
WaylanderIII
Stock
Stock

Post by WaylanderIII »

Just thought id say hey, wow im the first British member :?

Im 23, only been playing NFS since NFSU, but been obsessed with the series since then, everytime a new racing game is out i buy it, no matter what it is or how bad it is just to get my fix lol.

I know a lot of people disagree, but i think NFSU2 was the best of the bunch, it was more down my kinda street, with the modification options, but the gameplay wasnt that great, it was far too simple, which is why im glad its getting more technical with every release in my opinion.
Gin
Stock
Stock

Post by Gin »

WaylanderIII wrote:Just thought id say hey, wow im the first British member :?

Im 23, only been playing NFS since NFSU, but been obsessed with the series since then, everytime a new racing game is out i buy it, no matter what it is or how bad it is just to get my fix lol.

I know a lot of people disagree, but i think NFSU2 was the best of the bunch, it was more down my kinda street, with the modification options, but the gameplay wasnt that great, it was far too simple, which is why im glad its getting more technical with every release in my opinion.
You'd be surprised at how many people would agree with you.
Turbo240
Stock
Stock

Post by Turbo240 »

Hello every one JU9GERN4UT 666 Here I'm 18 Years old i'm a car enthuseist i got NFSU for my 15 Birthday and have been addicted since i would agree that NFSU2 was probably the best ( I beat it 8 times and i still play it on occasion) i wouldn't say i'm really good at tuning on prostreet i've got my RX-8 down to a 6.2 sec 1/4 but i know it can be faster, i would love to race you so you know my GT send me a friend request and we'll race OH and i'm currently located in Layton, Utah USA
"Live Life In The Fast Lane"
GreedyTurbo529
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GreedyTurbo529 »

Why not everyone else is doing it, this is GreedyTurbo529, my real name doesnt matter, Im 19 and going to college majoring in automotive technologies, I have always loved cars, I have 2 right now one is a 67 Dodge Dart with a 318 that can do about 12 sec on the 1/4 mile, but it will get faster, and i have a POS 96 Firebird that i love to kick, Its going bye bye soon, I have played nfs since hp2 and i love ProStreet the most, and Im tired of typing now
Last edited by GreedyTurbo529 on 18 Jan 2008, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Skygge69
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skygge69 »

Hi I'm Skygge69 from Canada. I am 38 and love to race only just since NFS Carbon.

I really really like Pro Street and spend my time now mostly playing it.
tiptoemaple
Stock
Stock

Post by tiptoemaple »

Hey guys. I will be 15 in Fen. and live in St.Marys, West Virginia. I have been playing NFS games forever. I will always play them and continue to love them. :D
the Tiptoe...
nfsunlimitedgamer
Ricer
Ricer
Location: THE SEVENTH CIRCLE OF HELL AND IN MY LIVING ROOM DEPENDING ON HOW MY DAY IS.

Post by nfsunlimitedgamer »

PS: SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK AHEAD OF TIME. MY KEYBOARD IS MESSED UP.

HELLO EVERYBODY I AM NFSUNLIMITEDGAMER. I HAVE JUST TURNED 18 ON THE 2ND OF JANUARY. I TOO HAVE BEEN PLAYING NFS FOR A LONG TIME AND I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF THE GAME. WETHER IT BEING IN JUST PLAYIN AROUND OR FOR THE SERIOUSNESS OF IT. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME SERIES FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS AND HAVE OWNED EVERYTHING FRON HP2 FOR PS2 AND I HAVE NOW MOVED ON TO THE X-BOX SYSTEM (IT GOT CHEAPER THAN PS2). I LIVE IN MERIDEN, CONNECTICUT; WELL ON THE EAST COAST. NOT REALLY LIKING IT UP HERE BECAUSE OF THE COLD BUT I DEAL WITH IT. MY FRIENDS PLAY AGAINST ME BECAUS EI HAVE BEATEN THEM ALL ADN THEY WANT TO FACE ME EVERY NOW AND THEN FOR REDEMPTION. I WILLL BE AROUND HERE TIME TO TIME DROPPING BY FOR NEW NEWS. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL ONLINE.

LATER
BEWARE: POKER PLAYERS AD LOOSE WOMEN ARE KNOWN TO FREQUENT THIS ESTABLISHMENT
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

I'm from Singapore, but I'm actually in Australia right now.

I actually prefer customizing cars, but I'll race. No good for me to be sitting around chatting away (like at React, apparently). The first NFS I played was Hot Pursuit, and I've been playing racing games since I was 4. It was all fun and games, running Nissan Primeras into walls in Gran Turismo, playing 'Be The Cop' in High Stakes on PC, setting up spike strips...

Those were the times when I still drove awful. I really doubt I've improved much, but I do my best.
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

My first NFS game was NFS2. Prior to owning a PC, I had a few games like OutRun for the Atari ST (like a color Macintosh), and Stunts for the PC (not a racing game though). I've bought all the NFS games since NFS2 (except MCO). In addition, I own Corvette Racing, Ford Racing 2, Ford Racing 3 (but it has a bug), Ford Street Racing, Mercedes Benz World Racing, World Racing 2, Toca Race Driver 2, and Toca Race Driver 3. I also like the racing sim type games. Grand Prix Legends was my first one, and I eventually worked my GPLRank down to -12 seconds below the "standard" hot lap total time for the 11 tracks in the game. I later bought EA F1 Challenge 99-02, Nascar Racing 2003, Live For Speed, GTR, GTR2, GTLegends, Race07, and rFactor, plus downloaded a lot of mods. On average, I'm about 5% to 7% slower than the top players of the racing sim games.

Currently, I can't use patch 1.1 for ProStreet, as it doesn't steer properly with my twin stick setup. My wheel and pedal set finally broke down, so I trashed it. May get another wheel and pedal setup in the near future. So currently I'm stuck with version 1.0, and I can't use any of the new cars.

I've made a lot of videos from racing games and other real world stuff that you can see on my website:

http://jeffareid.net
LeoNidaSG4
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LeoNidaSG4 »

Hello everybody! I'm a 22years old pro street player from Greece! I have played every nfs title since nfs hot pursuit and i really love this series! I think pro street is the best about car tuning, but i really miss the free roam! Oh, I forgot to mension that i drive a Hyundai Accent Nitrous injected (yes i know i need something faster, i'm saving up :mrgreen: ) for my real life 1/4 drag races! :D
GreedyTurbo529
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GreedyTurbo529 »

LeoNidaSG4, just a little info about nitrous, it is killer on your engine, no mater how its set up
LeoNidaSG4
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LeoNidaSG4 »

It's all about the setup, and how carefull u use it. If you have proper installation, watch your revs when you use it, and leave some time to cool off, after each run, it works fine! :D I've been using it for 1,5year now, and it doesn't even consume more oil! The car works fine (+40hp). I think it has a bad name,but it also needs knowledge for its use. Anyway, i think we should open a new topic if we want to talk about nitrous.
xchaoskittyx
Stock
Stock

Post by xchaoskittyx »

I r sarah , an 18 year old young girl who plays this game and stuff.
vicheous
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vicheous »

Well PSN: Vicheous here 31y from Viking Country Norway! (or as we call it NO WAY).....
Big NFS & GT freak! Playing games since '80..... Oh i love my Amiga 1200!!

Return to “General Discussion”