Next NFS Survey

The news visible on the main page
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Just finished that survey. :P
How interested are you in the following customization options for the next Need For Speed game?

I crossed al the "Definitely interested" options :P

car types
YES: Concept Cars, Exotic Cars, Muscle Cars
NO: SUVs, Trucks
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

A survey is the best Electronic Arts has ever done. :D :D :D
Remamber that EA does many games, like Burnout... (I don't know any other racing game by them), so some of the ideas may go to them.
Pinecone wrote:l hope l didnt want to be chased by gang members or have this game turn into a GTA copy. They also talked about trucks and shiznit SUV's, but not tuners. l hope you people make the right choices when deciding.
You're dead right about the GTA thing. But two of the questions were about customisation (how important is it and if you wanted more variety).

YaelDjiel wrote:cool survey
i hope they add DLable content
i voted mainly for better physics and such and ofcourse more cars
and more customisation (add much more pls! the more the better :D )
I think that more isn't better, I would say better is better. NFSU2 had dozens of ugly bodykits/vinyls/wings, but NFSMW had some (but not enough) nice ones (also a couple of ugly ones, like the Darth Vader A3... the worse news is that Audis will be like that!...). NFSMW had enogh customise options, but not enough items in each of them. The only thing I want back is chromed taillights.

About physics: if Burnout has the most unrealistic-extreme car handling&speed, and there are simulators around the corner, NFS should have a "semi-realistic" physics engine (like TOCA, CMR* or GT*).
The player should have to control dangerous slides, unlike the stick-to-the-floor NFSU2 drifts. Still, a little extra handling and unrealistic top speed should be kept.
And each car should behave differently (one is too powerful and heavy, slides too much and is hard to control; the next one is too light to crash other cars but turns the corners like an alien...).

The only reason SUVs would be cool is if the contact between racers increased. Heavy cars would go slower on turns and accelerate less, but they would make light cars fly away. But that's what Grand tourers and Muscle cars are for (some of them weight above 2 tons).

Team races? OK - More track variety and "total driveable distance"? Sure! - On-line carrer mode? I'll take two. - Be the cop? Don't doubt it.

Jap sports cars? Euro exotics? US muscle cars?
The most important thing is Hot Hatches: 205, 206 RC, 207, 306, 307, Ibiza+León Cupra R (auto emoción), Clio RS+V6, Mégane RS, CivicType-R '06 (hatchback), 147 (Cuore Sportivo...), Mini Cooper S, Swift, Golf GTi+R32, Polo, Fox, Gol (the Latinamerican Volkswagen :P ), Palio (also but by Fiat), Grande Punto, C2, C3, C4... ANYTHING!!! (all of them with mid-engine + rwd option ;) )

But IMO the most important feature on any game is user-made content. It's time developers released official car and track editors. Without them, games last less than six months.

Skins, bodykits, lights, interior... and of course conversions from all fictional tracks ever. (This will happen in very few time. With NFS, LFS or any game)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Well, even if SUV's were just for custimization, thay're still ugly as sin. :P I ike the convertable idea, though.
yeah, i agree

In HP2, my favorite Convert. was the Opel Speedster
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

korge wrote:
Need for Speed... and Trucks... and SUVs...?

'Nuff said.
um, fast trucks? i hate suvs, but trucks are pretty cool.
this is ea, if they want trucks to be fast they will make them fast. :wink:
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

NO GTA!!!!!!!! dont get me wrong i love GTA but dont mix NFS with GTA!!!! MIX it with GT4!!!!!!!!!!!
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

Yeah i want trucks too!

But I'm still want SUV's too there are fast SUV's out there

Here are some that will give some cars a run for there money at the traffic lights.

-Porsche cayyene turbo
-Mercedes G-class
-Ford territory Turbo
-Toyota RAV4 (Ok that one's not powerful but it's a personal favorite)
-BMW E35 X5 Le-mans (That baby has a 522KW V12 engine 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds)
-Infiniti FX45

All of them (except the RAV4 maybe) could hold themselves in a race!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Yeah i want trucks too!

Here are some that will give some cars a run for there money at the traffic lights.

-Porsche cayyene turbo
-Mercedes G-class
-Ford territory Turbo
-Infiniti FX45

SUV's don't belong in a streetracing-game :?

There are offroad-games for those cars...
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

master m wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Yeah i want trucks too!

-Porsche cayyene turbo
-Mercedes G-class
-Ford territory Turbo
-Infiniti FX45

SUV's don't belong in a streetracing-game :?

There are offroad-games for those cars...
Think before you talk as you awnsered your own question.

You said they don't belong in a "Street"racing game. Now think what do you normally see on the "streets"?

You see sedans
You see Hatchbacks
You see SUV's
You see Trucks
And you see alot of other vehicles!

So there is NO REASON why SUV's & Trucks can't be included I just pointed out some fast ones so you can't say they are to slow.

And don't say they will tip over in a turn because EA would obviously tune the physics so they won't like in UG2.

Also don't say exotics would whoop them or anything as thats what *Performance matching* Is for (Remember that little feature that downgraded or upgraded performance for fair races!)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

You are one of the most condescending little pricks I've come across in a long time.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Hey i just want SUV's & Trucks to be featured in the next Need for speed & i can be a persistent shiznit so you might aswell give up now & give in to SUV's & Trucks! :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

GT3x24x7 wrote:You are one of the most condescending little pricks I've come across in a long time.
:lol: Buuuuurn.
Last edited by xHaZxMaTx on 25 Feb 2006, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

SUVs weren't successful in UG2 and EA got that point...so it's safe to say we won't be seeing them any time soon (as player cars).
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

whattabout trucks? thaey have ever been in nfs
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

2furio wrote:SUVs weren't successful in UG2 and EA got that point...so it's safe to say we won't be seeing them any time soon (as player cars).
Thats because They were never given enough time to get used to.

If SUV's had of been featured in UG1 or MW then i bet there would be a bigger fan base then there is now.

Just like how the Skyline has been featured in everyrace game under the sun it's now a really popular car (I hate it though) If something simalar had been done with SUV's then i then they wouldn't be rejected so quickly.

Anyway as i've said before if you don't like SUV's then just don't pick them when your at the Car select screen in the next NFS.

I enjoy owning people online in the COP SUV in MW so it is possible for a SUV to win a race in NFS.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I enjoy owning people online in the COP SUV in MW
Why am I not surprised?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Thats because They were never given enough time to get used to.
Wha...? What are you talking about? How do you not give something enough time by putting it in a game and selling it? It's not like there was a time limit or something. Besides, majority rules, it's like 8,000,000,000 to 5 against trucks/SUV's.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:
2furio wrote:SUVs weren't successful in UG2 and EA got that point...so it's safe to say we won't be seeing them any time soon (as player cars).
Thats because They were never given enough time to get used to.
If SUV's had of been featured in UG1 or MW then i bet there would be a bigger fan base then there is now.
Point being, EA tried it more or less as a prototype.... crap all people liked them in the game, so they (EA) were smart for once and disbanded all useless attempts as putting SUVs as nothing more than police vehicles.....
Oh, and one last statement about said SUVs.....think of what NFS has only ever been about.... tuners verse exotics and muscle

Notice the lack there of the word SUV in that sentence
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Just like how the Skyline has been featured in everyrace game under the sun it's now a really popular car (I hate it though) If something simalar had been done with SUV's then i then they wouldn't be rejected so quickly.
The skyline was met with much appeal from NFS players and the like, because it was a car that not only had the balls to be one of the best, but also conformed to what the series has been about.... fast CARS (not SUVs)
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Anyway as i've said before if you don't like SUV's then just don't pick them when your at the Car select screen in the next NFS.
EA didn't like them after Underground 2... so they didn't pick them again (only exception being the Rhino's)
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I enjoy owning people online in the COP SUV in MW so it is possible for a SUV to win a race in NFS.
Oh so you're one of those lame-a**es that can't beat people fairly online so you resolve to HEX editing or the like to win....
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I enjoy owning people online in the COP SUV in MW so it is possible for a SUV to win a race in NFS.
Oh so you're one of those lame-a**es that can't beat people fairly online so you resolve to HEX editing or the like to win....
Nope My SUV is stock except for the RIMS (I play fair i don't use trainers or no traffic hacks so it's 100% skill)

I remember the time i bet a bunch of german porche lovers in my Rhino on NFS WORLD LOOP(Best win ever!)

And if a SUV can beat porches who say's it can't beat any other car in the game!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

1. It's a game, no SUV could be a Carrera GT, no matter what you say. Try to take a turn like you would in a Carrera and bam, you die.
2. Using hex edits is cheating.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

xHaZxMaTx wrote:1. It's a game, no SUV could be a Carrera GT, no matter what you say. Try to take a turn like you would in a Carrera and bam, you die.
2. Using hex edits is cheating.
I didn't edit the hex's i got the SUV in a savegame i downloaded!!!

And technicly it's not cheating as the car is already available to drive in the game!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I didn't edit the hex's i got the SUV in a savegame i downloaded!!!

And technicly it's not cheating as the car is already available to drive in the game!
BS..... it is not "avaliable to drive in the game" ..... do you see any Xbox or PS2 users being able to drive around in the Rhino?
The answer is.... no..... so it's not "technically" available

And the savegmae you have is a HEX edited savegame, therefore.... hacked
So it doesn't matter how much you keep on saying that the Rhino is stock, it doesn't matter
Your savegame that you've been using on MW online is hacked, and should there-after be known as illegally tampering with the game
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Ooooo this is like watching court TV. I think Gravediggers gonna win, hes got a good argument going.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The Gravedigger wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I didn't edit the hex's i got the SUV in a savegame i downloaded!!!

BS..... it is not "avaliable to drive in the game" ..... do you see any Xbox or PS2 users being able to drive around in the Rhino?
The answer is.... no..... so it's not "technically" available

And the savegmae you have is a HEX edited savegame, therefore.... hacked
So it doesn't matter how much you keep on saying that the Rhino is stock, it doesn't matter
Your savegame that you've been using on MW online is hacked, and should there-after be known as illegally tampering with the game
Ah YES IT IS "TECHNICLY" AVAILABLE!!! Do challenge mode challenges 50 to 60 You will see the SUV is in one of them challenges so therefore was included ingame as a driveable vehicle!!

Checkmate!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

. . .

So what if it is.... do you unlock it for driving normally, or any of the other "funny cars"?
no....
You can only drive it once.... and once only throughout the whole game

If it's not legitimately unlockable in the game, then so be it.....
If you wanna race the "funny cars" then do it offline, or in a LAN (IF you have friends....)

And yet we still have ranked idiocy that decide, "oh... how about I use a hacked savegame and/or trainer/s online"

Oh, and also.... "Checkmate!"
Seriously... get over yourself, this isn't a game of chess

- EDIT -
Even though that I do suck at racing in Most Wanted, I always learn from my mistakes...
If you can't win normally online without resorting to HEX edited cars, or trainers..... then don't spoil it for the rest of the people who play online
Instead of wastig your time with pathetic little wins like that..... learn to drive, not waste everyone else's time and energy by having tto deal with such crap
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

It doesn't matter if they join with a hexed save and edited cars, because the game will automatically sett all cars to the standard BMW Race values (the one that every one get from Razor at the end) what regarding top speed - acceleration and handling. So if some one is joining online with a super tuned Carrera GT it will be tuned down to the BMW's level, if they join with a SUV it will be tuned up to the BMW's level (this regards to all cars in NFSMW stock or hex edited, ranked or unranked servers). This is done and implemented in the game by EA so there cant be any cheating online, the only thing some one can cheat with is if they join and use a trainer to get unlimited NOS.

END of STORY!
Last edited by Ceano on 25 Feb 2006, 12:41, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “News”