New NFSC Screenshots

The news visible on the main page
Mixing And Tuning
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Mixing And Tuning »

The Car Looks Better Than the Scenery...Something Tells Me They worked Too Much In The Cars....They Should Make The NFS:Carbon, A MW With The UG Series
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

shrimpy48189 wrote:if you took a picture of most wanted and made it into a night scene you would think it looked like UG2, what im saying is that all the games look basically alike but get better every time
they are not getting better, they just getting worth... just look at MW, it is so crappy that even EA itself stops support it. they keep their focus on how the game's engine looks, and they just keep changing game title so it will looks like 2 different games... as long as your money is in their pockey, they dont give a s*** about you. when carbon comes out, i will download it, and im pround of it!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

spectre01 wrote:when carbon comes out, i will download it, and im pround of it!
Yesss!!! I'm with you brother! Phew, I thought I was going to be the only one... :P
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

EA recycles the NFS game engine every year.All they do is tweak the effects a bit and give it a new title. Its the same thing with FIFA. They have bin using the same engine since 2004, its realy getting old now.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

in my humble opinion i think this game will get boring doing only drifting. i hope they include other racing styles as well. maybe they'll try and rip off Juiced's showoff mode..?
- TS -
Ricer
Ricer

Post by - TS - »

Nah.. if u saw only that video with drifting that doesnt mean that ist drift ONLY. The truth is that they will give us NFS MW happening at night, and new city. WOW... good job EA. We need bodykits back, new ones... even tho i like those ones too, that we need vinyl layers and one other cool option. I odnt know how many ppl played Redline Street legal racing but i remember one cool thing about vinyls there. U could actualy place them everywhere, just grab ur mouse, rorate the car to the desirable angle and stick vinyl on it. That might even correct one big problem that was in UG1 and UG2 and that was vinyl layout... many times side vinyl would appear on front bumper... and u just cant fix that.

So... em yes... EA is lazy as hell
User deactivated:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

ummm, EA kinda officially announced that the game will be drift ONLY. no drag races, only Canyon racing. and something tells me that even the sprints and circuits won't really be sprints and circuits.
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

i think circuits will be around a rock or somthink :lol:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

prince1142003 wrote:ummm, EA kinda officially announced that the game will be drift ONLY. no drag races, only Canyon racing. and something tells me that even the sprints and circuits won't really be sprints and circuits.
Canyon racing is not drifting, fool. In fact, I have yet to mention EA that real drifting is back. Canyon racing only uses drifting to get around corners faster but it is NOT drifting.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

from what i've read off of the magazines, the boss races will be primarily downhill drifting, using the term somewhat loosely. so, in a sense, you'll <i>have</i> to drift....
- TS -
Ricer
Ricer

Post by - TS - »

whatever... i wont care the fact that it will be drift only if that drift will be super fun...
And i hope there will be police like in MW, that thing i also great fun.
User deactivated:
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

drifting your way to leave police. yea... sounds cool on paper, but might end up dumb in game.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

how in the name can drifting be the way to get fast around a corner?? cause drifting isn't the Ideal way to take a corner not at all..I never seen a touring car or a F1 car drift around a corner to be fast :roll: but then powersliding (better name for drifting in a race) can come in handy sometimes.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

prince1142003 wrote:from what i've read off of the magazines, the boss races will be primarily downhill drifting, using the term somewhat loosely. so, in a sense, you'll <i>have</i> to drift....
Apparently you mis-understood my statement...didn't I say in my previous post that you have to drift to get around corners but the mode, drifting has yet to be confirmed. You won't receive any points for drifting in canyon racing and the winner is the one who get's downhill first...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

ah, well that conforms with EA's statements a bit better than what i had said.

i found a wikipedia article that explains a bit more about EA's intentions. indeed, some of the facts mentioned in the article fit perfectly with LaPierre's description of boss races. "You have to match your opponents bumper-to-bumper. Get too close, and you're out, fall too far behind and you're out."

officially, the racing style appeard to be called Touge racing, and is originally from Japan. no mention of drifting in the article, but it seems to me that this race mode is all about cornering.

Wiki -> <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touge" target="_blank">here</a>

EDIT:
something interesting in the article:
Grip race as much as possible, only drift/slide when necessary.
if i know EA, this canyon racing is gonna be a hybrid mix form of racing....
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

I think the people at EA has watched too many Initial D =/ this touge thing is still not good news. Might as while drive regular with brakes to do this race >_> sure it might not be fun, but thats the easy way so far we can beat those boss races xD
Darkness-creepshow
Ricer
Ricer

Hmm...

Post by Darkness-creepshow »

EA sucks period. there games are always unrealistic..we are never ever satisfied with EA racing games...we have to turn to other company's. Although these other company's have recently made these pretty realistic simulation racing games..although there always based on track racing and Legal racing. Simulations dont touch the underground scene. So we all must complain and keep complaining untill they DO!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

SIMS will never go underground cause they will loose the customers they made the original product for.

what is the real diffirence between a track race and a race in for instance MW?? in both races you can't leave the track (in U2 and MW they blocked of the crossroads with huge glass walls that only traffic can cross)
the big diffirence is traffic. and do you really miss them? I know I don't In the current NFS games they where there where you just didn't want them to be... (right in front of you :wink: ), although I found them to be really annoying in U1 it did give a nice touch to it... (and you could fool the traffic in U1 :wink: )

I currently also play sims and I don't miss the street racing specials like traffic, free roam and cops. they are exiting in their own way.
and you can't compare them with a game like NFS, and it should stay that way.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

TheStig wrote:and you can't compare them with a game like NFS, and it should stay that way.
well said.

Return to “News”