Online Servers Shutdown for Underground2

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Online Servers Shutdown for Underground2

Post by Bojan »

EA announced a November 1st 2007 shutdown of online servers for the following Need for Speed games:

Need for Speed Underground for PlayStation 2
Need for Speed Underground 2 for PC
Need for Speed Underground 2 for PlayStation 2
Need for Speed Most Wanted for PlayStation Portable
Need for Speed Most Wanted for Xbox

This means the games mentioned above won't be playable online after November 1st.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Online Servers Shutdown for Underground2

Post by YaelDjiel »

lol MW for PC stays? but not xbox... wth? :lol:
OwnerVillage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OwnerVillage »

well thats sucks for those who play NFSU, NFSU2 and NFSMW online and enjoy it this is really an EA stunt just to get people to play NFSPS.

well lemme tell EA this:

ITS NOT A SMART MOVE!!!
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

They may bring them back... they did this stunt when MW came out.... they shutdown the Underground servers only to re-open them.

I don't know if they are still open because I lost my product key so I can't install the game anymore. :?
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

NOT AGAIN DAMMIT!!! Me and some buddies sent in some letters to EA last time they shut down U2 online. Im not doing that again... but it and some other stuff brought them to their sences... oh well
Driv2Slow
McLaren_dude
Drift King
Drift King
Location: in my chair, looking at a screen, probably playing something

Post by McLaren_dude »

OwnerVillage wrote:well thats sucks for those who play NFSU, NFSU2 and NFSMW online and enjoy it this is really an EA stunt just to get people to play NFSPS.

well lemme tell EA this:

ITS NOT A SMART MOVE!!!
the only nfs game i can play online for ps2 is nfsu2, that really sucks
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

McLaren_dude wrote:the only nfs game i can play online for ps2 is nfsu2, that really sucks
These days I find it VERY hard to seek other racers on NFSU2 (for the PS2). There's usually a maximum of 8 players... with no races :(

I'll try and remember to be online, November 1st then. Could be the very last person in an online race :D
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Don't go around thinking you're smart enough to know that this is EA's strategy in making money cause believe me, you don't know anything about business in EA so don't ASS-U-ME.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

All those game points for nothing . . What's the use of online play this way . . . I like rockstar better at this . . . think of midnightclub II . . . tis an open server . . and it has been open foreva . . you can find players still now I guess . . it was fun . . as long as I had it :D . . EA should focus on customer satisfaction for a while if they want a wider range of customer ready for both buying the next series and appreciating the oldies . . . they are big . . why not act like that?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I'd normally agree to all of this except that I think sometimes this EA bashing can get out of hand. I'm pretty sure that they aren't trying to make money off of it...

It could be that there just isn't enough players to justify keeping the servers online. A less likely situation is that EA wants to focus more on creating a good game (NFSPS).
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

This means they will probably shut down NFS Pro Street servers in 1-2 years.

Consider it before buying Need For Speed Pro Street #-o
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

Porsche-AG wrote:I'd normally agree to all of this except that I think sometimes this EA bashing can get out of hand. I'm pretty sure that they aren't trying to make money off of it...

It could be that there just isn't enough players to justify keeping the servers online. A less likely situation is that EA wants to focus more on creating a good game (NFSPS).
like 8 players on at a time for ug1 on ps2 and thats on PEAK times.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

SP4RCO wrote:This means they will probably shut down NFS Pro Street servers in 1-2 years.

Consider it before buying Need For Speed Pro Street #-o

If online play is half the fun . . I'd get prostreet for the other half hands down . . it's definitely worth buying . . Although I never had to buy a original copy of game in my entire life(cause getting pirated ones are soooo easy . . ps: you cant get original software in my country) . . I'd definitely pay for prostreet if I had to :D . . the adrenaline rush of simulation is revolting enough to get there ;) peace
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ EVO: As 'cool' as pirated games may be, I learned how it's always worth buying original ones the hard way. I had the original Simcity 4 game but when I got the Rush Hour Pirated Expansion Pack, it worked fine for awhile until I had to patch it. The Pirated version is missing some small files/filenames that won't allow the important patch to be installed, and it made my game a bit less fun to play.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

[quote="Porsche-AG"[/quote]

I know . . . pirated stuff always contain bugs . . but it seems I have no alternative choice for em . . software firms cant keep up with the piracy protection acts here . . I do have the money and intention to buy original software, but I can't reach em . . Yesterday I got Lost Planet EC . . but the installation is stuck at "insert disk 7" :( . . even cs3 is giving trouble . . . . cant try the online stores either cause the internet is so dang slow . . lol . . I am forced to use pirated software . . as for prostreet, I'd gladly pay 50 bucks on it's first day of release . . . but it wont work that way #-o
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

You know, you could always order the real games online through trusted sites like Amazon.com and eBay.com.
seanx520
Ricer
Ricer

Post by seanx520 »

o well at well they didn't shut down nfsmw pc :|

Return to “News”