Need for Speed Going Back To It's Roots?

The news visible on the main page
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need for Speed Going Back To It's Roots?

Post by tb3nz »

yeah thats pretty true coz then everyone would ask themselves..whats so outstanding about NFS games? no freeroams.. no cops.. no wild chases.. no pink slip races.. no personal rivalries.. and basically.. theres nothing! just another racing game with track races..WTF?! hopefully EA gets this up their head..
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I personally loved the concept of ProStreet. They could have done the game in general better, though.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

well if u ask me they should have done it WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY more better IMO .. ;) ..
mostwantedking26
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedking26 »

I prefered the graphics of Pro Street over the other games, but good graphics don't mean anything if they don't have any equally good game to match them.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

yeah graphics were good.. BUT in order to get the best of out the graphic u really need more high-end hardwares to pull it off.. hope they tweak it well and bring is back to us the Most Wanted style ;) ... but also including drag,drift,speed,cops,free roam,pink slips.. the real underground style.. would be awesome..
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Basically all this says is expect another heavy hit like Most Wanted was.

Nothing new, nothing special. Just a better delivery.
korge
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

but the thing is..can they deliver it to us the way we want it? .. just hope EA doesnt make another mistake again..
mostwantedking26
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedking26 »

kuddos to that
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

tb3nz wrote:but the thing is..can they deliver it to us the way we want it? .. just hope EA doesnt make another mistake again..
What EA does best...

Turn this boring old game...

Into something AMAZING!

Sorry guys, had to do it. :mrgreen:
korge
defleg
Ricer
Ricer

CONSIDER THESE IDEAS

Post by defleg »

What about giving the driver a double life, make him work for the police to chase racers and also drive in street races. the cops offer you a deal to help them catch new racers so you choose a variety of police cars to drive but a cop stays with you to lay down the law, when you are not doing that you can battle with the best of them at day or night. THIS WILL BUILD THE STORYLINE.

What about having mini games in car shows which takes places every 3-6 months in the game with competitions
involving
hydraulics, doing doughnuts, tire burning, (should be able to do these anytime in game)etc. should have prizes like best paint job, mod, etc (depending on much cash you put into the car)

Every need for speed has it's highlights they should just make a massive game so it can last for years to come SO just bring back & improve things like:

1.helicopter chases(MW)
2.damage and awesome crashes(PS)
3.great music(U1 & U2)
4.world racing(PS)
5.amazing stages(HP2)
6.one touch NOS(PS)
7.great steering(PS)
8.vast off-road shortcuts(HP2)
9.customization(PS)
10.cut scenes(MW)
11.cops, cops and MORE COPS!(MW)
12.smart AI police & racer tactics(MW)(PS)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

If you want to have damage,you can't have police because you will total your car easily.
Either damage,or police. Imo you can't have both...
korbandallas
Ricer
Ricer

Post by korbandallas »

I played some of the earlier NFS franchises, not much, only played with NFS2 back then and a few others franchises here and there at friends houses. I never owned any NFS exept NFS2 and prostreet.

Now, as I mentionned elsewhere, I was a true fan of Gran Turismo and prostreet is a game that follows this line of tought. This is why I like prostreet that much.
Although polices chases and free roam were cool and exiting, the goal of a racing game is to race.
I like that a game franchise can take their, already winning concept, and put it aside for one game and IMO creating a great game.
So My call for the next franchise would be a hybrid game. A game where free roam would be available and if you go overboard you could get the cops on your tail and create a police chase. It could also have a closed circuit section of the game for racing much like prostreet
Depending on wether you get caught in police chases or not could affect the other aspects of the game, loosing points or being forbidden (aka suspended) to take part in a particular race in the closed circuit section.
Also paying fines would be paid with your earnings from closed circuit racing.
Maybe do a small section for real underground racing that would take part at night. What a good feeling after winning a race day to do a nice illegal streetrace at night, all available through the free roam.
No free roam to get to closed circuit racedays but free roam to check out your cars, find illegal races, bother the police or just cruizing around.

My idea for NFS prostreetundergroundcarbonhotpursuitmostwanted 5
*insert hillarious signature here*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

That's what I was saying, NFS representing the whole scene with some car shows. I doubt they'll be bothered though.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

korge wrote:
tb3nz wrote:but the thing is..can they deliver it to us the way we want it? .. just hope EA doesnt make another mistake again..
What EA does best...

Turn this boring old game...

Into something AMAZING!

Sorry guys, had to do it. :mrgreen:
oh man.. was that really necessary? lol.. well the first one pretty much defines ProStreet IMO.. i think EA would have learnt a lesson through ProStreet as their sales were not a convincing success of the game.. and they seriously got to stop being a GranT wannabe's .. and do what they do best.. and then MOST PROBALY we might see the second AMAZING pic u posted for us ;) ..
defleg
Ricer
Ricer

IDEAS FOR EVERY COMPLAINT

Post by defleg »

There are ways around every problem
someone said police chases and damage can't work, well the race cars can be stronger than the police cars but they can still can be broken just make that task a little longer to reach with body parts falling/flying off the car first, maybe then the wheels last(it will look so cool evading police in a bang up chassis).

To get a long lasting game my first idea (driving for the police and on the illegal streets) will work, you can get free roam by looking for racers to catch or race against sort of like carbon's free roam. some say free roam is boring that's because you have nothing to do when you're cruising, Burnout Paradise got free roam right with the stunts maybe N.F.S should do that. To make it even longer it should be around the world, with different countries their cops have different tactics, different cars to drive etc.

Not enough cars? the auto sculpt should be improved so you can build your own cars, start with a default chassis, add on body parts for frame, wheels, then lights, then engine and parts that make a difference in performance, finish off with paint etc. Then people can have there hand-made cars online for others to try.

Better graphics? how about random snow, rain, wind, storm and in-game time where as if you go in a car shop in the afternoon, you'll come back out in the night. I'm guessing changing day to night during game play might be difficult to pull off. Once again it should be around the world so we can get various terrain types, N.F.S ever had a snow stage?

To give the game replay power it should have mini games and goals to attain, once again Burnout Paradise has those great stunt points everyone online is building up. My idea before about having a car show will fix that but you should be able to practice, and record the tricks and stunts-(Longest two wheel drive, longest wheelie)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Basically you're saying turn NFS into Burnout.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
defleg
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Burnout vs Need For Speed

Post by defleg »

not really they should compete as bitter rivals to be the best racing game in the world. Burnout is a nice game but i heard you can't customize your car in it and I can't see how that will work.I am however angry that burnout paradise is not available for PC (yet, [-o< ).
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Damage and police will not happen, reason is not that it can't be done, ofcouse it can be done.
But it's pure a license issue.
defleg
Ricer
Ricer

Post by defleg »

I think what I will really like to see in the next Need For Speed is drastic visual car damage and not actual physical damage, It's no fun evading cops while you are struggling to steer your car straight. spike strips are a must have in any cop chase but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't there a type of tire that's full with a white paste which expands when the tire is punctured? maybe N.F.S should have that in the next game but for a high price.

Just recently i played midnight club 2 for the first time and EA did a fairly alright job of keeping car damage and cops in a game (the cops could have been a bit more aggressive but still it's good). MC 2 even had the tricks i was talking about earlier like burnout, 2 wheel drive etc, they had a good thing going they should of continued with MC3 and improved on all aspects.

I know I'm sounding anti-N.F.S now but i was a die hard fan boy up to most wanted, now I'm just a fan boy.

Return to “News”