Showroom Now With Videos!

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Showroom Now With Videos!

Post by Bojan »

After more than 5 years of online time, the NFSUnlimited.net Showroom is now expanding from images to videos!
Go ahead and upload your best laps, top speed runs and biggest crashes. There are two new categories available for every game, the Driving Skills and Crash'n'Bash and we've expanded the game list to Hot Pursuit 2 and all older titles merged into one game category: Older Need for Speed titles.

Videos in the Showroom behave the same as image entries, but you will spot them instantly as they have video written on the small preview images:

You can start uploading videos instantly by going to the upload page and selecting video next to the game of your choice. Filesize limit for videos is 20MB with max 10 min run time. Uploading a large video might take some time, depending on your internet connection speed.

Welcome to NFSUnlimited.net, the first to offer an image Showroom and now the first with a video Showroom.
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Showroom Now With Videos!

Post by FnF »

WoW cool, great work, but 20 MB sounds quite low, but never mind gonna try this out 4sure =P~ :wink:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cool...what file formats are supported? .flv? There's a number of ways i could use this... Did you consider a "documentary" category for detailed descriptions and "movie" category too, for those into machinima? What would be perfect is if you could have both image and video for one entry, lol.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The restriction for uploaded file is the same as on YouTube - flv video files are not supported. 20MB should be enough when the video is compressed using a decent codec. The limit might be raised, but additional testing will be required for that.
Additional categories will be added when enough videos that would require a new category are uploaded.

Combined entires (image + video in additonal or video + additional images) are not yet possible, but are considered for the future.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Thank you! I've been waiting for something like this!
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sweet. I can't wait to try this out - I still don't have FRAPS or anything, but I'll probably get a program like that sometime soon. (probably VirtualDub)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Wow. Teh first site with a Video Showroom. :P
I bet that some of our "rival" sites will copy this.

Nice idea,Bojan.

My 2 cents...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Bojan wrote:The restriction for uploaded file is the same as on YouTube - flv video files are not supported. 20MB should be enough when the video is compressed using a decent codec. The limit might be raised, but additional testing will be required for that.
Additional categories will be added when enough videos that would require a new category are uploaded.

Combined entires (image + video in additonal or video + additional images) are not yet possible, but are considered for the future.
Cool. Hmm, odd how .flv is not supported considering youtube vids are .flv format. Hmm.. was gonna use macromedia flash to do them with overlays and all, zoom, speed changes, etc... may just figure out windows movie maker or Ulead.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

a very good option. Now all we need for the next nfs is to have replays . . cause I dont feel like playing the whole game while filling up my HDD repeatedly . . . . . but good option . . I might wanna use the old nfs one more :P
Reiji
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reiji »

How do I upload videos that I made which apparently have been in YouTube for quite some time?

Return to “News”