Need for Speed Series Cut?

The news visible on the main page
Jensenr88
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Need for Speed Series Cut?

Post by Jensenr88 »

Well can you really blame them? Nfs is becoming a dead end. Many people just like myself are disappointed with the new game. It seems every other game since most wanted is good. Prostreet kicked butt. Carbon blew. Most wanted kicked butt. So I'm not really surprised.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Your reply comes off to me as quite contradicting.. If the games after MW were good, then why are you disappointed with the franchise? :|
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

African_HITman wrote:C'mon EA... You guys could probaly squeeze 1 more good NFS game out before you cancel the series
Like "NFS Most Wanted 2".. PLEASE
EA is about to end NFS because IGN and any other mainstream "professional" reviewing website negatively reviewed the game... which is no more than an opinion, and a bad one at that...

:? :? :?

Wow. C'MON EA! YOU'RE GOING TO LET A FEW NEGATIVE OPINIONS SMASH YOUR FRANCHISE TO IT'S CORE?!?!?! [-X :evil:
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

End the franchise? Well, I honestly prefer to see that than seeing them firetruck for 3 years already all the NFS games they release. Let's be honest, EA doesn't do a shiznit when it's all about NFS. They are doing bad games for a lot of time, they're killing the NFS franchise reputation! So, it's better to end it, and sell it to another company that will be able to do something good with it, like Codemasters. Let them use the Need For Speed license, and you will see what a good NFS is!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh God. If Codemasters were to buy NFS, sales will plummet even more. EA and Codemasters have different views of their games.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I agree with that actually. Codemasters + True end of NFS. As fanboy-ish as this will probably sound, EA should keep and improve NFS, instead of giving it up.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

elie8 wrote:I don't think they are pulling the plug coz they have spent like a year now, making the new title that's gonna be released in 2009 :wink:, so i think that's a gossip :P !! EA, plz don't cancel the franchise :( #-o !!

P.S : Undercover has a A- rating on 1up.com and they say that ratings between A+ and A- are considered as excellent ratings !! :D // i have to mention also that undercover is #1 of 1033 games in racing and #8 of 589 games on PS3 !! Finally, Undercover is #40 of 22644 games on 1up !!!! i think that it's unfair to cut the series coz there are a lot of fans like me who would love to play the next title !! :( :roll: #-o :cry: :? :x
yeah im with u.
Instagram @SupraHKS
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Zotic+ wrote:
elie8 wrote:I don't think they are pulling the plug coz they have spent like a year now, making the new title that's gonna be released in 2009 :wink:, so i think that's a gossip :P !! EA, plz don't cancel the franchise :( #-o !!

P.S : Undercover has a A- rating on 1up.com and they say that ratings between A+ and A- are considered as excellent ratings !! :D // i have to mention also that undercover is #1 of 1033 games in racing and #8 of 589 games on PS3 !! Finally, Undercover is #40 of 22644 games on 1up !!!! i think that it's unfair to cut the series coz there are a lot of fans like me who would love to play the next title !! :( :roll: #-o :cry: :? :x
yeah im with u.
Fanboy-ish as that comment seems, I agree with elie8 also.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I agree, they should take one more shot with another game with a longer development cycle of 2 or maybe 3 years. If that fails, poof.

And I'm surprised as to why so many people think EA should sell it to Codemasters, Bugbear, Criterion or whatever... uh, no. Let Criterion move on with Burnout, Codemasters - Race Driver, Bugbear - FlatOut... you get the point.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well we know that NFS10 has been in production for a while now. I doubt they're going to cancel a game so far in production, but EA has been known to do that. With the recent recession and huge layoffs at EA to cut costs, it is possible though.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Don't want to say this, but have you noticed that NFS was great until MW(the last game from EA Canada) but since Carbon (it's made from Blackbox just like prostreet and undercover) , it's crap. So maybe a studio change would be the answer. But people say Hot Pur. 2 for ps2(blackbox) was better than the pc version(Canada). Don't know. NFS is important for me! Although I know it may be crap I always wait for November. And tell me one street racing game(not Grid etc, a new one that was realeased the same time with Undercover) for PC. There isn't such a game! I want NFS! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Console users, you are lucky to have Midnight Club 4!!!
Last edited by kostis1993 on 13 Dec 2008, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I hate this statements... No Waaay! Need For Speed is a Legend =>A "Living Legend!" [-X :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Is it April 1st already?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Give NFS 1 more chance?

They had 5 chances to recover the entire franchise! They started with NFSU2-Most Wanted-Carbon-Pro Street and now Undercover. 5 years to return to the roots, 5 chances....5 strikes...

Let it die slowly...simple as that, and don't start to cry, because many of you started with the "DAMN EA" and all the stuff. Now you want to have mercy? Come on. let it breathe for a while, they will figure something. Everything should be good as long as the franchise can be returned to what it used to be: PRE-Hot Pursuit 2 era.

L8er
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"I hate this statements... No Waaay! Need For Speed is a Legend =>A "Living Legend!" [-X :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but NFS is nothing but a CD, which is not a living thing.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

All the games (main versions) from NFSU on have been made by EA Blackbox, the downtown Vancouver studio.
It started with NFS Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2 (Xbox, PC and Gamecube versions were made by EA Canada and the game sucked compared to PS2 port).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Bojan wrote:All the games (main versions) from NFSU on have been made by EA Blackbox, the downtown Vancouver studio.
It started with NFS Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2 (Xbox, PC and Gamecube versions were made by EA Canada and the game sucked compared to PS2 port).
Indeed, actually that was the first critic to the studio, for porting a crappy version to the PC, XBOX, and GameCube.

But you know, actually I'd be happy if they take a "hiatus" with NFS, because they will let the things calmed, the developers are relaxed, and they can think more ideas and concepts without being pressured by rushing a game.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Andre_online wrote:Oh God. If Codemasters were to buy NFS, sales will plummet even more. EA and Codemasters have different views of their games.
I know that EA and Codemasters have a different way of doing their games, and I know that NFS is EA's creation. But after 3 years with such type of games, I mean... why not sell the licence to a studio that actually WORK on their games to release them on a way that fans will like them? Codemasters has a good background of successful games, and they're not disappointing on the last years. DiRT was a great revival of Colin McRae series (and DiRT 2 was already announced), GRID was a great revival of ToCA series (which were great on their own) and they're preparing a F1 game for 2009.

The difference between EA and Codemasters, mainly, is that the first one wants to sell by the name. They don't care about quality anymore, look at Undercover, I mean, how the hell could that game be considered even medium? It's impossible, the game was done without effort. That's the truth, EA know that they'll sell "cause it has NFS on the tittle". I'm glad that the game received bad reviews and that the sales were low. Maybe that will open their eyes. Look at MW. Why do you think the game was so successful? Because they put effort onto it, they worked hard to release a good game. But now, they don't do it anymore. Maybe they need longer development cycles, but Undercover had 16 months to be developed, and still, it's worse than Carbon and ProStreet, which had only 1 year.

On the other hand, Codemasters works hard on their games. It can take 1, 2 or 3 years, but in the end, the game is really good. I believe that if Coddy could do a NFS game, it would be one of the best. Different yes, but way better. Quality would be there, present. However, no way EA will sell the NFS licence... unfortunately. I'm a long time fan of Need For Speed, and it kills me that each year EA manages to put the series quality a step down towards the bottom. Maybe it's best if that ends. I prefer not to have NFS than to have shiznit NFS that don't even have the prestige to belong to the series.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

This is interesting:

What do Test Drive, Need for Speed and Stunts game have in common?
They were all started by the same development house. Distinctive Software, later acquired by EA and renamed to EA Canada, based in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

EA will probably never sell the rights to the NFS franchise and it's a good thing.

Jeez people, just let things the way they are... for now.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Cutting of NFS... i think thats good. Fitst thing that crosses my mind when hearing NFS is "another hyped up piece of crap game that shouldnt be even mentioned when tere are so many better games". I think too much shame is on NFS name and its best to cut it of. Hopefully people will remember the good ones, with exotic worlds and cars. Thats whats NFS should be about. Not driving Renault Megane though industry zone. [-X
AsBest
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AsBest »

1UP doesn't provide fresh news. Read the original - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... echnology/
There is nothing about franchise cut.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I still hate it... because it takes much more time to release this NFS Undercover Patch! - Change's Good..." !-o
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

AsBest wrote:1UP doesn't provide fresh news. Read the original - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... echnology/
There is nothing about franchise cut.
That is not the source 1up is citing.
African_HITman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by African_HITman »

Andre_online wrote:
African_HITman wrote:What about Cross in Carbon, you didn't think about that one.
What about Cross? His character was so minor that I completely forgot that he was in fact, in Carbon. He was useless.
#-o The point is that they did bring back a past chracter, he might not have been a good one, but he was back. So there is a slight possibility that some old faces could re-join for one final NFS game, and leave with a bang.

Who knows they could even bring back Ryan Cooper

Return to “News”