.BIN file's in NFSU2

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Arushan has been discreet since NFSU2 was out unfortunately... Would love to hear some good news from him. ;)
SRDragoon20
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SRDragoon20 »

Dragon of rune try changing the "error" to working by using hex editor then it might work
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

hey loow what i did.
Attachments
I did not edit this i changed the file :)
I did not edit this i changed the file :)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

SRDragoon20 wrote:Dragon of rune try changing the "error" to working by using hex editor then it might work
I shall try but i don't think that will work ea has spend a lot off time protection the stuff.

@99_k wrong place to post that pic or did you made that yourself if so post how and wich file's you used.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Dragon, i opened this file GlobaltexturesNA.bin Sponsor 2 in bintex. then i got the only file in there and exported it. I then opened it up in photoshop ( you need the dds plugin, use google) and then i changey the y to an s. made a backup of the file then saved it went on the game and there it was.
Ps: wheres the ingame speedometer?
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

read intire topic to know what i am working at.
SRDragoon20
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SRDragoon20 »

them pics in my sig m8 is wot i took well except the nfsu one i found that on the web
but my jka one is wot i took
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

maybe you should make your signature transfer speed slower it's hard to see.
And i think someone else should try editing the program with hex editor because i must first learn how to use that program.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

alexhull24 wrote:Hey guys, it's been a while since the release of NFSU2, and i'm still waiting for someone to crack the code to let us start editing.........Does anyone know if Arushan has started/given up? Also, would it not be possible to try and look at some other EA games and see if the compression is the same method? Maybe some people have already cracked the same format without knowing it is used in NFSU2. Then again, maybe NFSU2 is unique!
I gave up.. a long time ago. Just hacking up bintex won't do you any good. There are a few problems:

1. The meta data about the textures are gone... they are inside the compressed data (this means when loading up a file, all the textures would have to be decompressed)

2. The new compression is a form of Huffman encoding. I have the decompression code, but no compressor. (for decompression code, look in the demo exe: PE offset .0056F030 through .0056F02A)

3. The current model of BinTex doesn't easily allow me to add the new format -- which means I have to make a new BinTex. Considering the fact that this game is already a few months old and EA going to come up with the next version, I don't see the point in me spending my free time on it. EA will probabbly change the formats yet again for MW.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Arushan!! Image

Yeah, forget about nfsu2. MW is coming soon 8)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I have a quick off topic question. Why is there an S2000 folder in the cars folder of NFSU2? There is no S2000 in the game.
isues
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by isues »

most ppl think that EA decided againts making the car but left some of the code there,cant hack it,been tried. :twisted:
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

yeah it's hacked and if you crack it it's empty :(
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I wouldn't be surprised if you could make your own vinyls in game in MW, you can in the Nintendo DS version of NFS.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Good effort though Arushan, glad to hear from you again! ;)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

arushan wrote:
alexhull24 wrote:Hey guys, it's been a while since the release of NFSU2, and i'm still waiting for someone to crack the code to let us start editing.........Does anyone know if Arushan has started/given up? Also, would it not be possible to try and look at some other EA games and see if the compression is the same method? Maybe some people have already cracked the same format without knowing it is used in NFSU2. Then again, maybe NFSU2 is unique!
I gave up.. a long time ago. Just hacking up bintex won't do you any good. There are a few problems:

1. The meta data about the textures are gone... they are inside the compressed data (this means when loading up a file, all the textures would have to be decompressed)

2. The new compression is a form of Huffman encoding. I have the decompression code, but no compressor. (for decompression code, look in the demo exe: PE offset .0056F030 through .0056F02A)

3. The current model of BinTex doesn't easily allow me to add the new format -- which means I have to make a new BinTex. Considering the fact that this game is already a few months old and EA going to come up with the next version, I don't see the point in me spending my free time on it. EA will probabbly change the formats yet again for MW.
That explains why i couldn't make it work :( :cry:
abow
Stock
Stock

Post by abow »

which bintex.... for u1? which program use?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

BinTex has always been for U1. ;)

Return to “Editing”