Finally NFSMW PC Demo

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

arabnight wrote:jaw drops to my proche moving 199 and me not being able to hold it down on the ground i love it i cant get enought of the cop mode
? :?

anyhoo, me loves the speedtrap challenge, fooking awesome :D
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Indeed the demo (and game) is awesome, only down side for me is that the usual lag from NFSU and NFSU2 still exists, and the game rapes my computer. It's time for NFS to get a new graphics engine to prepare for next-gen.
euronsu
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by euronsu »

RavenGT
Cops don't take the initiative to ram you aggressively for some reason. I miss Hot Pursuit 2 (on PS2):
If you start attacking the cops aggressively they'll get aggressive too. :lol:
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

just play the roadblock challenge if you want aggressiveness... open road pursuit and nothing but you and the cops and traffic.. and belive me, they do hit your car, i have had rhinos (suv cops) pin me to the wall and i couldn't move at all. the GTO police on the other hand aren't to hard to get away from unless they swarm your car after you wreck or something. if you want something a little slow, try to 1 minute pursuit challenge where you're in the Golf V running from crown vics.

of course there are the blocked roads because it's a demo release, but it still kicks ass! the more you spin out, push, damage the cops, they start to drop out. i've had only 1 chasing me multiple times lol. he kept begging for back up. if you want some high speed racing, just do a sprint race with the modified Cayman S (might i add the modded cayman sounds really nice.) and smoke the competition. i have just been mainly doing the road block challenge. seems fun to me, and very addictive :-P
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Sweet-16 wrote:just play the roadblock challenge if you want aggressiveness... open road pursuit and nothing but you and the cops and traffic.. and belive me, they do hit your car, i have had rhinos (suv cops) pin me to the wall and i couldn't move at all. the GTO police on the other hand aren't to hard to get away from unless they swarm your car after you wreck or something. if you want something a little slow, try to 1 minute pursuit challenge where you're in the Golf V running from crown vics.

of course there are the blocked roads because it's a demo release, but it still kicks ass! the more you spin out, push, damage the cops, they start to drop out. i've had only 1 chasing me multiple times lol. he kept begging for back up. if you want some high speed racing, just do a sprint race with the modified Cayman S (might i add the modded cayman sounds really nice.) and smoke the competition. i have just been mainly doing the road block challenge. seems fun to me, and very addictive :-P
The Rhinos like the head on collision approach so I duck to either side to avoid those skanks, I rammed one in the side and made some points. The GTOs get too close and they get the spinnaroonie.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

yeah, i took a Rhino head on and knocked him out of my way... lost a lot of speed though so the GTOs caught up quicker than expected.. but dodging rhinos in the park is hard cause they like to come out from behind the rocks and you don't see them until it's too late. but i seem to have a lot of close calls where my "BUSTED" is flashing and the red bar is almost full, and then i break free and wreck and make myself look like a total idiot lol :lol:

fun for a demo, very fun, and my gfx aren't bad at all to be running on 64mb integrated. rims are chromed a little and windows are see through, and the light trails are there from N2O usage. but paint isn't very shiney and there's no anti aliasing.. but it runs FAST! which is a + imho :)

EDIT: main menu screenie took with 65mb integrated gfx:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

In all of the previous videos, I saw that the light trails when using N2O have been taken out and replaced with sort of like "wind-like" effects but I don't see those in the demo.
Also, has anyone noticed how dark it gets sometimes when it's cloudy. There are some pretty nice weather and climate effects.
neoian1277
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by neoian1277 »

Hey Sweet-16 have u got any more screen shots on that 64MB card?
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

dunno but this 1 looks nice! u can see through the windows !
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Great demo, but my computer is desperately struggling to keep up :lol:
... I will definitely be buying the full version for PS2. Great game. 8)
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

My Radeon 9800 is 128mb. I dare those rhinos or any other vehicle to take me on including the helicopter I'll send his flying ass into something inanimate and solid. :D
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

-Radeon 9000pro 128mb
-Barton 2500(3200)
-512 MB Ram

Runs better than nfsu2 :?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Dragster, i see that the Screenshot is 640x480 res, do you run the game on this resolution :? ?
neoian1277
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by neoian1277 »

can some one post some more main menu screenshots they look the coolest :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

It's already been posted in sweet-16's post on top. :)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Skyline_man wrote:Dragster, i see that the Screenshot is 640x480 res, do you run the game on this resolution :? ?
Yes, obviously for a reason? :?

If you want, take this as another example?

http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrga3hg.jpg

:?

or this?

http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nru0vr.jpg

http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nrd4wk.jpg

http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... hot4uz.jpg

The gfx counts in garage :wink:
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Dragster wrote:Image

-Radeon 9000pro 128mb
-Barton 2500(3200)
-512 MB Ram

Runs better than nfsu2 :?
I have a 9800pro, two of them according to device manager.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

@ Dragter whats your fps with that resolution?

what you think is the best fps to play this game? for me it must be at least above 40 fps... :)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

On the in game pic, it's 70fps and that's really necessary, hard to follow if it lags

On the garage pics it's about 20 I think
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

I'm playing it 20 - 30 fps and got no problems. doesn't lag, atleast too much.

here's some pics for those who wanna see'em

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

another shot using 64mb integrated. this one is ingame. not bad for integrated if you ask me..
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Felixkissa wrote:I'm playing it 20 - 30 fps and got no problems. doesn't lag, atleast too much.
Sorry if you've mentioned before, but what video card do you have?
cluchmaster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cluchmaster »

cluchmaster wrote:does everybody have some video options grayed out or is it just me with my graphics card??? I have the GeForce FX 5200 256mb
Could someone PLZ answer my question!!!
Rolly{ROM}
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rolly{ROM} »

I have the game from yesterday and I play without stopping :D I like to play at the challenge with the Viper because I love to be chased by police :D .. Great game , handling is perfect and gfx are awesome .. As you can see my gfx is not so good (I have GeForce FX 5200 128MB) but in a few days I will buy a new GFX with 256 MB so I can play the game at full details :D .. THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME FROM THE WHOLE WORLD !!!! :shock:
Attachments
damn :D
damn :D
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

The cop is there hes behind something though I barely buzzed him.

Return to “News”