NFS: MW modifications out

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

The Gravedigger wrote:Hmm...... Is it just my imagination (and high hopes) but the GTO sounds like it has a supercharged engine
as you can remember GTO has quite the same sound in the NFSU2. and in reallity GTO has familiar sound too. here's a download for a GTO sound in reallity http://d55.yousendit.com/C/1W224ND86RI4 ... %20GTO.mp3

steelsnake00, i made a low quality pic, just for the post. i'm runing 1280x1024 with medium level of detail and no complaints from me :wink:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

The GTO in MW sounds completely different to UG2
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

i think it's not a subejct that we should argue about. this sounds different... no it sounds the same... no no, it's totaly different than that... :lol:

SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

wow thants weedman that was some great help
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

xennon119 wrote:Your links doenst work weedman!!!
Which one doesn't work, cause i can try to fix it.
Panda2k
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Panda2k »

I tried both Viper :arrow: GTO files but somehow I still had the Viper?!

edit: oh i got it. one of the "viper :arrow: GTO" files is a GTI :arrow: GTO file :? :wink:
Last edited by Panda2k on 13 Nov 2005, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

Well now all works :D:D:D
I am using Gto at the moment!!! And the car is great!!!
It sure has better accelrations then Viper!!!
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

The GTO has much better traction. When I was at a dead stop with the viper and took off fast the tires spun and the car went all over the place but not with the gto.
InSidiousGG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by InSidiousGG »

Viper is a high torque car..

right technique is to push ur trottle slowly.. i guess :?
Panda2k
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Panda2k »

yeah with the viper it's really hard when ur beeing sourrounded. The GTO has a really nice sound! :D
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

The Gravedigger wrote:Hmm...... Is it just my imagination (and high hopes) but the GTO sounds like it has a supercharged engine

I quite like driving around in the GTO 8)
but at the same time, the Viper is just that little bit better
The 05 GTO's engine is not supercharged but it does have 400hp.

RZN wrote:
as you can remember GTO has quite the same sound in the NFSU2. and in reallity GTO has familiar sound too. here's a download for a GTO sound in reallity http://d55.yousendit.com/C/1W224ND86RI4 ... %20GTO.mp3

steelsnake00, i made a low quality pic, just for the post. i'm runing 1280x1024 with medium level of detail and no complaints from me :wink:
This is not the GTO's engine sound this is a 3000GT engine sound clip renamed GTO.

http://ultimategto.com/2005/05_00014_10.wmv
The real 05 GTO sound check it out windows media player.
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

man, you have a good audition in car sounds :lol:
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

RZN wrote:man, you have a good audition in car sounds :lol:
I actually have the 3000GT clip its the exact same clip as the one I have only its been renamed. I have a supra clip and an m5 clip. If there is a car sound database site I wish I knew where to find it so I can collect the sound clips of my favorite cars.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

InSidiousGG wrote:Viper is a high torque car..

yup, a viper has a lot of torgue in it's massive 8.3L V10 engine.. so you have to be easy with the throttle or your wheels WILL spin. another counter to wheelspin (i use it a lot now) is to hit nitrous while accelerating as it pushes the car foward while the wheels spin and you gain traction and manage to shift into 2nd and can get away.

the gto DOES have a supercharged engine. you can here a faint "whine" from it when you're racing.. in my opinion i think it's awesome that they've included a s/c sound. i bet a s/c viper would sound pretty nice :P
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Sweet-16 wrote:
InSidiousGG wrote:Viper is a high torque car..

yup, a viper has a lot of torgue in it's massive 8.3L V10 engine.. so you have to be easy with the throttle or your wheels WILL spin. another counter to wheelspin (i use it a lot now) is to hit nitrous while accelerating as it pushes the car foward while the wheels spin and you gain traction and manage to shift into 2nd and can get away.

the gto DOES have a supercharged engine. you can here a faint "whine" from it when you're racing.. in my opinion i think it's awesome that they've included a s/c sound. i bet a s/c viper would sound pretty nice :P
The real life GTO does not have a supercharger in it, the game version might. Upgrades and stuff.

Actually its a whistling sound, common with turbos. Superchargers sound like a semi high pitched whine. This is a whistle.
Last edited by James31278 on 14 Nov 2005, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

I tried the Roadblock challenge with the pontiac instead of the viper and what can i say, overall the pontiac accels faster but viper has higher top speed, i can handle both cars pretty much the same, i like the low whistle pitch in the pontiac's engine sound effect(sounds diff from pontiac in nfsu2).

But with the pontiac police could actually catch up to me and bang my car(more challenge) but this only proves that the viper is more powerful.

Overall nice mod, i did get to see some parts of the city i didn't see while using the viper which is an advantage, plus i liked the most wanted decal on the window. the vinyl looked nice too(almost looks like a scratch on the car).
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

I actually have the 3000GT clip its the exact same clip as the one I have only its been renamed. I have a supra clip and an m5 clip. If there is a car sound database site I wish I knew where to find it so I can collect the sound clips of my favorite cars.
i used eMule search for car sounds and found GTO, M5, Ferrari, Porshe and some other rally/muscule/sports car sounds.
azz
Stock
Stock

Post by azz »

cant we edit the police somehow cuz they are quite easy to shake of :?:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

James31278 wrote:

I was talking about the one in NFS MW's demo
I know what the GTO *coughs* ex-monaro pumps out, because this one does sound supercharged (The GTO mod in NFS MW), or it might be turbocharged
(which would be a rather nice turn of events if it was supercharged 8))
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

I dunno care what sound gto uses i only know that this ride rocks for persuits!!!
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

azz wrote:cant we edit the police somehow cuz they are quite easy to shake of :?:

Try evading it after completing 6 roadblocks....i.e. for about 10-20 more mins....youll meet some nice SUVs who drive full speed right into you from front/sides. And other stuff when police get really angry.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

The Gravedigger wrote:
James31278 wrote:

I was talking about the one in NFS MW's demo
I know what the GTO *coughs* ex-monaro pumps out, because this one does sound supercharged (The GTO mod in NFS MW), or it might be turbocharged
(which would be a rather nice turn of events if it was supercharged 8))
There is no difference in the engine, a supercharger would be nice but this is a turbo sound and it happens only at high rpm's. A SC runs no matter what because of the belt, the Turbo runs when the engine reaches high rpms.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh.. The GTO is sweet! It's so much better than the Viper! 8)
Abrams wrote:
azz wrote:cant we edit the police somehow cuz they are quite easy to shake of :?:

Try evading it after completing 6 roadblocks....i.e. for about 10-20 more mins....youll meet some nice SUVs who drive full speed right into you from front/sides. And other stuff when police get really angry.
Oh yea! Actually, the Rhinos came EVEN before completing the Road Block challenge! :shock:
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Andre_online wrote:Oh.. The GTO is sweet! It's so much better than the Viper! 8)
Abrams wrote:

Oh yea! Actually, the Rhinos came EVEN before completing the Road Block challenge! :shock:
In 2006 the current GTO takes a hike, the new 07 08 GTO is gonna be pure american I hope.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I once got those Rhinos right in front of me, after meeting one of them head-to-head at almost top speed i changed my mind about cars not flying in NFSMW :)

Will need to do it again to get time and screen it :P

Return to “News”