FSAA turned on, Why the jaggies are still there?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

FSAA turned on, Why the jaggies are still there?

Post by hansip87 »

Guys, I wanna ask you about NFSMW..
I'm currently using Radeon X800XL with 5.10 driver.. I'm running on 1280x960 resolution on NFSMW, But Why I'm still seeing a visible jaggies on the car's edge? I have tried to override it with ATI Tray tools, but nothing works.. Is there any problem with the game, or the driver? Thanks...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

You have enabled AA in the game settings aswell? I think they override the ATI Cat settings anyway.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Set AA to Application Controlled in the drivers, then turn on AA in the game ...
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

Let me threadjack a bit here, since we're talking about grafics, I have a Radeon X700 Pro 256MB and every once in a while in the game the game will freeze for a second or two, This happens in either resolution 800x600 or 1024x768 The game runs very smooth, and I have tried different settings but the same thing happens all of a sudden. Anyone has an idea of what this could be, may it be related to the sound card?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

You're probably running out of RAM ...
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

how so? I have 512
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Could be harddrive fragmentation aswell. Try defragging.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

_I3urlNlouT_ wrote:how so? I have 512
NFS:MW uses 300+ MB ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nope... Checked my manual again, it says 256MB or more. Minimum is 256MB. :)
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Andre_online wrote:Nope... Checked my manual again, it says 256MB or more. Minimum is 256MB. :)
Just starting it up uses 238 MB ... After a few races, it's up over 300 MB unless you lower the cache size in the registry ...

Yes, I know I have Care Bear wallpaper ... No, I didn't put it there ... No, I don't like it ... Yes, it does make my GF happy ...
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

been following your guide, still nothing changes.. Help... Does it help to upgrade to Catalyst 5.11?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Are you, per chance, running it in safe mode ? You can tell by right-clicking on the shortcut you're using to run NFS:MW and selecting Properties ... If the Target looks similar to this:

"D:\Need For Speed\Most Wanted\speed.exe" /s

Remove the /s and hit OK ... Now, you should be able to use FSAA and a higher resolution ...

Also, when you change the resolution and settings, do you hit Enter after the change or just exit the screen ? Exiting the screen will cause the changes to reverse back to what they were before ...

Can you take a screenshot of it to show us ? (Hit Prt Scr, paste into paint, save as a .jpg file, and upload it here or to http://www.imageshack.us) ...
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

No.. I able to run it to 1280x1024.. How can that possibly be? I don't think there's a sign of /s in the shortcut.. And I know how to apply it.. After pressing Enter, the VGA tries to blacken the screen and rerender it, ain't that right? Honestly.. Just the AA effect that is not turning up so well. I can tell it because the graphics in the game looks increbile but only the jaggies that disturbs me.. Any further comment?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Screenshot ?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i still get some jags on my shadows i dont understand y....i do but i still do.. i got a nvidia 7800gt...and run it the same as the guy that posted this post...and i have it all on max...i dont understand nfs wit these little bugs
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

_I3urlNlouT_ wrote:Let me threadjack a bit here, since we're talking about grafics, I have a Radeon X700 Pro 256MB and every once in a while in the game the game will freeze for a second or two, This happens in either resolution 800x600 or 1024x768 The game runs very smooth, and I have tried different settings but the same thing happens all of a sudden. Anyone has an idea of what this could be, may it be related to the sound card?
that happend to me aswell but it was longer then 2 sec it was like 20seconds so i reupdated my driver and it works fine now...but i still got a shadow problem
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Oh, I've realized it lately that I've ran the game in the safe mode :lol: .. I've found it that way because in the XP start menu, there's NFSMW safe mode showing that I've been using it recently.. Ok, Now I'm sure that I'm playin in normal mode. But, I still noticed the jaggies.. Although not that hard chiseled like before.. I wonder why the NFSU2 still got better Anti Aliasing effect... Btw, thanks for the suggestion everyone.. Maybe a driver update will help.. Once again, thanks..

PS: I'll upload the screenshot later on.. So please if anybody thinks that it's already AntiAliased or not, Please comment. thanks.
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

This one is the car screenshot

[img]http://www.geocities.com/hansip87/Images/aliaseff.jpg[/img]

And this one is the config

[img]http://www.geocities.com/hansip87/Images/aliaseff.jpg[/img]
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Sorry buddy but that is aliased, it's just that NFSMW's aliasing abilities aren't very good. :? The main place jaggies occur are on the reflection, anyway, and that can't be helped.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

hansip87 wrote:This one is the car screenshot

http://www.geocities.com/hansip87/Images/aliaseff.jpg
And this one is the config
http://www.geocities.com/hansip87/Images/aliaseff.jpg
Sorry...I don't understand. Where's the problem?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

hansip87 wrote:been following your guide, still nothing changes.. Help... Does it help to upgrade to Catalyst 5.11?
It looks the same on mine, the game runs fine and I have that catalyst, I'll try defragmenting soon.

Return to “Most Wanted”