Stupid details

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Florida_Marlinz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Florida_Marlinz »

Okay just got some info from my Canadian girlfriend

Modern Canadian cars have "daylight running lights" - in other words their headlights are on whenever the engine is running (although possibly at a reduced brightness). Most drivers in Canada always have their headlights on when using their vehicles and this would probably be the best policy for visitors as well
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Yup - I wish that people would turn their lights on when going through the tunnels on the M25, etc - they vanish for a second as you are going into the dark after being in bright sunlight - takes a second to adjust your eyes - would be easier if their tail lights were visible...

Just my opinion.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Her's a stupid detail...

When you get busted with a bounty of 2 million+ and Pursuit CTS of 5 million+, you only have top pay a fine of $5,000. :roll:
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Well having your headlights on at all times does make you more visible to oncoming traffic, but it really isn't necessary.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Thanks for the pictures xHaZxMaTx. Another stupid detail:

Why in the world is the stock Gallardo's speed bar in the car menu so low? I mean it goes 198 MPH.. EA :x Don't let Lambos down like that again. And last time I checked in HP2, the Murcielago beat the Carrera GT. What in the world is going on now?
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Saeidi wrote:Thanks for the pictures xHaZxMaTx. Another stupid detail:

Why in the world is the stock Gallardo's speed bar in the car menu so low? I mean it goes 198 MPH.. EA :x Don't let Lambos down like that again. And last time I checked in HP2, the Murcielago beat the Carrera GT. What in the world is going on now?
The Carrera GT in HP2 was the concept version. The Carrera GT in MW is the production version. They don't look too different and I honestly forgot any differences between them.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

I really wish they didn't have to hide the drivers' face all the time, that gets really annoying...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Anyone noticed that the shadows in game actually move with the sun? Nice touch EA..
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Yeah. ^^
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Anyone noticed that the shadows in game actually move with the sun? Nice touch EA..
My shadow option is blacked out...... Any ways to solve this? :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Racin_Penguin wrote:Well having your headlights on at all times does make you more visible to oncoming traffic, but it really isn't necessary.
It is a proven fact that cars with the headlights on can be seen from a bigger distance then without the lights on even at daylight. it is simply safer then without them on, there is no real reason not to use them, and no battery life isn't a good reason,cause it does not affect the lifetime, the lights.... yeah the lifetime is shorter of the lights... so?

When I am in france or spain you instantly recognize the norhtern european drivers cause they do use their headlights where the locals are not. They even flash their lights at me when I drive there... and to be friendly I flash back the headlights and foglights :P

Even worse is Egypt.. :P when I was there they don't even use their lights at night... :shock: only when they noticed a opponent... :roll:

Ooh yeah GT the shadows do move with the sun, it is a nice touch by EA it is called dynamic shadows, sadly my Radeon 9800XT can't show them they way it should... almost the whoe 9000 series have probs with it... :?
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Hey Sparco , i have another one , men 8)
If anithing there can be destroyed why you can´t destroy the houses walls , you know...?¿?¿?¿?
You are right !!! da cows don´t moves... Da MW can compare a 1998 rally game , the people watchin´ the race dont moves , but , the cameras flash still there , .... :roll:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Andre_online wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:Anyone noticed that the shadows in game actually move with the sun? Nice touch EA..
My shadow option is blacked out...... Any ways to solve this? :(
So is mine. That slider deals with shadow quality only, it doesn't turn them on and off. Solution is to install a different video card I expect.
TheStig wrote:Ooh yeah GT the shadows do move with the sun, it is a nice touch by EA it is called dynamic shadows, sadly my Radeon 9800XT can't show them they way it should... almost the whoe 9000 series have probs with it... :?
Shadows are pretty blocky on the X850 XT too..
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Does it? I didn't really notice that in game. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

After a race, your opponents continue to drive around the city until you go into a shop, safe house, or other race. I was being chased by the cops once, x5, in a pursuit that was already like 20 minutes long, and one of the opponents from a race I had won almost a half-hour before drove by and took out a cop. :lol: Thanks mysterious driver guy! (Racer X :shock: )
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:After a race, your opponents continue to drive around the city until you go into a shop, safe house, or other race. I was being chased by the cops once, x5, in a pursuit that was already like 20 minutes long, and one of the opponents from a race I had won almost a half-hour before drove by and took out a cop. :lol: Thanks mysterious driver guy! (Racer X :shock: )
lol! Yeh I like to keep running with em for a time - seems like they drive better when they're not racing.. O_o
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
TheStig wrote:Ooh yeah GT the shadows do move with the sun, it is a nice touch by EA it is called dynamic shadows, sadly my Radeon 9800XT can't show them they way it should... almost the whoe 9000 series have probs with it... :?
Same on my 6800GT, everything at max. : |
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

GT3x24x7 wrote:seems like they drive better when they're not racing.. O_o
Thats cuz they aren't supposed to keep roaming around after a race, but they can't just dissapear, so they have to drive really really fast and perfectly to get away from you. But I always keep up with em :P
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but here's a small detail that really annoys the hell out of me:

When the traffic cars are turning left across your path, they don't bother to indicate. Surely, this is the first rule of driving: mirror - SIGNAL - manoeuver (spelt something like that, anyway). If they indicated, I'd have some clue as to which side to try and pass them, instead of just wiping the beggars out! And they never give way, turning across in front of you without warning - is Rockport City actually Eastbourne, West Sussex, full of dodering old buffers who never had to take a test, they started driving so many decades ago?
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Yeah there are plenty of stupid details to focus on regarding traffic cars. Like...why don't they pull over when there are 15 police cars speeding down the street?
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

Your opponents get sudden bursts of speed, even though they aren't using nitrous :( I guess this is catch-up related but URGH!! :evil:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

PSZeTa wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:
Same on my 6800GT, everything at max. : |
I'm not getting any problems with a 6600 GT. My shadows are set half way. I could set them to the max without a problem...but I don't see any blocky shadows...so I'm not going to bother.

I guess it all depends on what kind of video card you have.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

about the traffic I have to say they did improve ALOT from NFS U2, now they are driving at the speed they are allowed to! so they are not driving 25 mph on the highway and suddenly accelerating and then braking again like in U2... :? but they drive a constant speed, now comes the funny part of the traffic"

- when they change leave the highway they don't shift to the right line by slowly steering to the right like a normal person does, nonono they do almost a 90 degree turn to the right and again a 90 deg turn (so a zigzag) to change lanes... and they easely change 3 or more lanes to leave the highway... not really logical is it? and it looks stupid!
the big truck often ram a roadblock cause they can't stop in time... and destroy half the block.. :D
and why do they drive somewhere on the middle of the bloody road... go to the right lane you!
some traffic also takes shortcuts over grass or they even destroy a fence on the top of the golf court... and drive into the greens

Did you guys also notice that when you reach a new heat level the cop that is heading home again (from prev heat level) must really need to pee or something cause they drive so insanely fast... just try to follow them if you are lucky you can keep up for a while... :lol:
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

TheStig wrote: Did you guys also notice that when you reach a new heat level the cop that is heading home again (from prev heat level) must really need to pee or something cause they drive so insanely fast... just try to follow them if you are lucky you can keep up for a while... :lol:
LOL! :lol: ROFL! :D
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

TheStig wrote:Did you guys also notice that when you reach a new heat level the cop that is heading home again (from prev heat level) must really need to pee or something cause they drive so insanely fast... just try to follow them if you are lucky you can keep up for a while... :lol:
Well, remember, EA worked with real cops to make this game as realistic as possible!

Return to “Most Wanted”