Stupid details

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Is it just me, or do the tractor/trailers ALWAYS hit tollbooths?
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

I've seen some stop there.
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:the big truck often ram a roadblock cause they can't stop in time... and destroy half the block.. Very Happy
and why do they drive somewhere on the middle of the bloody road... go to the right lane you!
I still remember there was one time where a chopper wanted to dodge me from the top. One time, that pilot made an error and dodge a container instead. The container flew to the sky, including the truck, finally coming down onto solid ground and spun for about a few feet, and destroying the road block in front of me which has just been deployed.

The most hilarious and fun scene ever! Wish I could have recorded it... :P
mores
Stock
Stock

Post by mores »

one thing that's bothered me from the beginning was that it was not possible to do a 180.
i've tried so often, bit i only get like a 100 degrees or so. even when i drag the handbrake while going straight then jerking the wheel to the left or right, it doesn't go all the way.

i know it SHOULD be possible, since my peugeot 306 was able to do that in real life!
(only did it about 3 times, though, since i thought it might not be good for the rear axle)
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Andre_online wrote: I still remember there was one time where a chopper wanted to dodge me from the top. One time, that pilot made an error and dodge a container instead. The container flew to the sky, including the truck, finally coming down onto solid ground and spun for about a few feet, and destroying the road block in front of me which has just been deployed.

The most hilarious and fun scene ever! Wish I could have recorded it... :P
Haha! Another ROFL! :lol:

I had a scene similar to this one time. The Chopper hit the Corvette Cop and the cop car went flying all the way up. When it came down, it landed right on one of the Corvette cops in the roadblock and this glitch came! When the flying cop car hit the roadblock car, they both went down right into the ground and sank into deep Earth! :lol:
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Speaking about cops, have you ever realised that their cars don't have engine sounds? :shock:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

mores wrote:one thing that's bothered me from the beginning was that it was not possible to do a 180.
i've tried so often, bit i only get like a 100 degrees or so. even when i drag the handbrake while going straight then jerking the wheel to the left or right, it doesn't go all the way.

i know it SHOULD be possible, since my peugeot 306 was able to do that in real life!
(only did it about 3 times, though, since i thought it might not be good for the rear axle)
Parking brakes in modern cars are just that - brakes that should only be used when parked. They are quite a lot more fragile than the old 'emergency brakes' fitted on older cars and act on a much smaller, non-ventilated drum, or directly on the driveshaft itself. If used with force whilst in motion, you run the very real risk of tearing the calipers off their mounts and incurring yourself a hefty repair bill in the process.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Re: Stupid details

Post by Koffy »

^Sparco^ wrote:[*]13. You can always buy some rims and install them in your car, as long as your car is not called BMW M3 GTR. As everybody knows, it's impossible to change the rims of a BMW. BMW designs its cars in a way that you can't replace the wheels.
You can't? Hex Magic.
Attachments
M3-Koffy.jpg
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

How'd you do that?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

:lol: I thought the list was funny to read, specially the UFO abducted cop's :D
StoneNewt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneNewt »

There are some strange cop behavour to...
The way they can't follow you into a small side road or what ever without smashing each other to bits.
That if you turn off the freeways even if you've driven along the side of the road the cops just blast past you on the freeway
That some cop cars are anchored to the road and just move a meter or two even if you hit them at like >200 mph.
That one cop car can hold back >5 cop cars & you pushing forwards by going into reverse.
That before they've even joined the pursuit take out pursuit breakers.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Well, when you smash a road block in the wrong way and you fly over it, all Vettes coming after you fly asswell, and land all arround you, and guess what, you get busted. Now I wonder: how whould contributors like 8 police drivers ramming their tax paid cars at 180 mph against another?
macdaddy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by macdaddy »

the thing I like is that the container trucks have "CONTAINER" written on them. cute.
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

I guess they just couldn't think of anything to put there...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Here's some more unreality I noticed the other day.

Roadworks on two-lane roads (1 lane each way) are not traffic-light controlled, so vehicles fight for the same lane in both directions. Bearing in mind what a litigious country the USA is (where I assume this game is based) and the generally poor standard of driving in Rockport, wouldn't this lead to the road contractors getting sued out of existence? :?

It gets worse in that when the dug-up part of the road is on the left, I was following a big rig on the right, cars came the other way and the big rig starts driving down the pavement! Has this game suddenly turned into Carmageddon while I wasn't looking? Thank God Rockport is a ghost town - or there would be dead bodies everywhere!

I really must take a picture next time this happens :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I've gotten creamed against a wall a couple of times by a big rig changing lanes while trying to overtake them (from the wall side). They sure don't yield for anybody...
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

HA, thats happened to me one time. I was trying to exit and this truck was starting to change lanes and went right next to me so I turned on the speedbreaker and pulled a Fast n' Furious :D (except...I wasn't driving a black civic :()
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

cool, something like that happened to me....
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

2furio wrote:About the lights being always on on the car. I don't know about Spain but here in Canada, a car's headlights are ALWAYS on (except when the car is turned off).
Ya, daytime headlights are now mandatory since ever during the day, a car with headlights on is more easily spotted than one without.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

daytime headlights arent mandatory here in the US, at least not in the southern states, but most car manufacturers put them in their cars anyways. they're dimmer in the daytime than they are in the nighttime
Racin_Penguin
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racin_Penguin »

Yeah they're not manditory here in Minnesota either...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but in case you haven't noticed... the game is build in CANADA!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Best country on Earth, eh.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Canada certainly isn't all bad. At least they had the sense to stay part of the Commonwealth!
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

Andre_online wrote:I've been arrested by a female cop.... :D

yea that looks like a man

Return to “Most Wanted”