Shop Special 1.0

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NEED FOR SPEE MOST STUPID TOOL!!!!

Post by Ceano »

dragosgorjan wrote:This is the most stupid tool!!!!! My SAVE its damage because of yor stupid tool!!!
Before using any modification tool to your save file, it is in your own interest to do a backup on it. That's just common sense but it also is stated in the read me.

But it is not ruined, use the Save Edit tool to fix the save with ChkSum.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NEED FOR SPEE MOST STUPID TOOL!!!!

Post by arabnight »

dragosgorjan wrote:This is the most stupid tool!!!!! My SAVE its damage because of yor stupid tool!!!
dont blame him he said use at own risk and save back up and use ur brain and i mean y are ppl having hard time with this?...i mean it works fine ....
dragosgorjan
Stock
Stock

USE AT OWN RISK

Post by dragosgorjan »

"use at own risk" this is the apology when you make a program that its not working well..it is a small program you have limited parameters to make it work without problems..
anyway I fix my save game with SAVE EDITOR..this program seems to work very wel...
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Re: USE AT OWN RISK

Post by arabnight »

dragosgorjan wrote:"use at own risk" this is the apology when you make a program that its not working well..it is a small program you have limited parameters to make it work without problems..
anyway I fix my save game with SAVE EDITOR..this program seems to work very wel...
it tooke me about 5min to relize how to play around wit this program and i still odnt know how i did it and now i can use my mega trainer 1.3 with it...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

dragosgorjan
In general the program works EXACTLY as it is stated! so it does work!

if you get a problem with a savegame... sad but he it is a free program and you can't expect it to be 100% bug free, even official programs by big companies have bugs in it.

So asuming a free util like this to be perfect, only shows a huge lack of logic!

And the readme clearly says to BACKUP the savegame before editing it, the README is named README for a reason so you should READ it!
and the "use at own risk" is not a apology it is a warning and that the creator of the util is in no way responsible for any damage that might happen while using such game.
That is a general warning for free software, even the big companies do that, it does not mean the prog is flawed, but in case it is... they are not responseble!
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

stig wit law ^__^ kinda was tring to say it what u did but couldnt find the words to...
dragosgorjan
Stock
Stock

README.....

Post by dragosgorjan »

Ok if you want to defend any problem with README,fine..I was talking about small programs like this one an about limited parameters and the ecuation of making it its not very extended etc etc(the part with"limited" and "small" you don't understand??)..CONCLUSION : you have to suport the good and the bad of the "software"(i think you don't understand flexibility too)).In my opinion the program has many problems and to change my opinion you have to show me more than a README..
ex: a good program
a NON-DISTRUCTIVE program
The complex programs have bugs and etc ..but this one wich is a non-complex one.
It is like Windows give us a README "Preper your self with other Ex: 1200$(depinding the system cost) because after the instalation the system could crash and damge the components"Thank you for understanding.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

use it at ur own risk then if u dont like it dont use it i just used it on my 1500pc = to alinewares 4,400 dollar pc...but i did what i had to do to be save for my pc and for not screwing up most wanted...so use common sense
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i may be mistaken, but don't the instructions in the readme say to use the SaveEditor to fix the checksum before you can use the savegame?

TheStig is right, as always. when it is SPECIFICALLY stated in the ReadMe "use at your own risk" it means use at your own risk. by using the program in the first place, you agree and acknowledge the fact that it might skrew up whatever you're working on.

you don't seem to have ANY knowledge of programming, so don't go ranting on about how a "limited" and "small" program shouldn't have any bugs in it. the NFSMW code was only very recently cracked. and the tool is even more recent, and a very quickly created as an alternative to the lengthy and confusing process of hex-editing. so don't go blaming the creator for it.

software programmers/developers don't HAVE to support anything. it's you who has to read everything and make sure you do the right thing. almost all software comes with EULA, license agreements that state that the creator/owner is in no way responsible for damage caused by misuse of the program. if there is no EULA, the ReadMe usually states "use at your own risk". that is an agreement, and when you use the program, you are using at your own risk. don't blame the author for what you've done.

there's my two cents.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ok dragosgorjan,

There is NO problem with the readme, there is only 1 problem and that is that YOU clearly can not read, it is also stated in the program itself...

but then there is no way in convincing you.

So I advice you, if you can make a better program, if you can't then simply stop complaining.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: README.....

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

dragosgorjan wrote:Ok if you want to defend any problem with README,fine..I was talking about small programs like this one an about limited parameters and the ecuation of making it its not very extended etc etc(the part with"limited" and "small" you don't understand??)..CONCLUSION : you have to suport the good and the bad of the "software"(i think you don't understand flexibility too)).In my opinion the program has many problems and to change my opinion you have to show me more than a README..
ex: a good program
a NON-DISTRUCTIVE program
The complex programs have bugs and etc ..but this one wich is a non-complex one.
It is like Windows give us a README "Preper your self with other Ex: 1200$(depinding the system cost) because after the instalation the system could crash and damge the components"Thank you for understanding.
Simple, big companies pay big $$$ for big programmers to make big programs. This guy made his own program in his spare time for nothing for all of us to use FOR FREE. If you're expecting it to be perfect, well, let's just say this isn't exactly a Wallgreen's commercial. :roll:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I think The Stig summed it up. The guy that wrote the program did it to make life easier, and I salute him/her for it. I couldn't write a program to do what s/he did and I certainly don't have the time or inclination to hex-edit; if anyone can do better, feel free to try. If you can't, at least give someone who can the credit they deserve!

This tool is flipping AWESOME!
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

DarrenR21373 wrote:I think The Stig summed it up. The guy that wrote the program did it to make life easier, and I salute him/her for it. I couldn't write a program to do what s/he did and I certainly don't have the time or inclination to hex-edit; if anyone can do better, feel free to try. If you can't, at least give someone who can the credit they deserve!

This tool is flipping AWESOME!
yes it is it took me a min to figure out exactly how to make it work fine and when i did i cried cause i was drivng the M3 gtr down the road and the glare from the sun make it -starts to cry- so beautiful
i luv u -forgot the person that made the program but will find out and thank him. her for ever!-
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

arabnight wrote:yes it is it took me a min to figure out exactly how to make it work fine and when i did i cried cause i was drivng the M3 gtr down the road and the glare from the sun make it -starts to cry- so beautiful
i luv u -forgot the person that made the program but will find out and thank him. her for ever!-
Didn't you get the M3 GTR when you finished the game ???
Did you finish the game ???
**coughcoughcheatercoughcough**

:D :D :D j/k
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

STAT-X wrote:
arabnight wrote:yes it is it took me a min to figure out exactly how to make it work fine and when i did i cried cause i was drivng the M3 gtr down the road and the glare from the sun make it -starts to cry- so beautiful
Didn't you get the M3 GTR when you finished the game ???
Did you finish the game ???
**coughcoughcheatercoughcough**

:D :D :D j/k
im on my 3rd carrer....>.> u tell me? im gona start my 4th after it bet this one...
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

ok i really need some help because somhow i cant seem to add the cars it always says theres error
how the hell do you guys add them
Aryan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aryan »

i still cant use it u will tell me how!!
evomr9
Stock
Stock

more cars

Post by evomr9 »

anybody know wat all the 18 extra cars are?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The Bonus Cars in the Quick Race mode, I think... :)

Return to “News”