nfsmw Hex Editing

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

nfsmw Hex Editing

Post by viper_gts »

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone alittle more experienced can help with a certain memory address on nfsmw, since i'm still pretty new to the whole pointer searching.

I'm looking to create an anti-cheat system to incorporate into my NFS-Stats Tracker for nfsmw and one of the things it will check for is an unlimited nos hack.

The problem is, no matter what i try, i can't find the Nos pointer. I found the speed breaker pointer and had hoped to use that since the nos address tends to be not too far from the speedbreaker address. But this has proved to be unreliable.

So far the i have found 2 consistent values for nos.

1. A float value that ranges from 0 when empty, upto 1 when full
2. A 4 byte Value that is 0 when empty and 16256 when full.

I have tried numerous pointer searches on both and they only seem to stay consistent for a few restarts of the game at best then change. I have even tried doing a pointer search on the pointer incase it was pointer -> pointer -> address, but this turned up blank. My Tracker is near complettion, but i don't want to publically release it until it has some anti-cheat measures in it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but i didn't wanna just ask without showing you that ia ctually have tried myself and not just taking the lazy route and wanting it placed on my lap :P

anyway help in obtaining the Nos memory address pointer would be appreciated.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I suppose pizzadox know where it is, since he has a trainer with unlimited NOS. Thing is, there is no contact info in the trainer / .nfo. XP
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

I don't know that monitoring NOS will help. There are trainers out there that just superboost acceleration without bothering with the NOS at all.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

thx koffy, i'm not sure how willing they will be to help, but i will try and contact them nonetheless.

jeffr, monitoring for nos is only 1 of the anti-cheat measures, there will be quite a few more too.

Return to “Most Wanted”