Any Thoughts/Suggestions?

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Any Thoughts/Suggestions?

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I moved my comp downstairs, and the wireless router is upstairs. My connection is so friggin' crappy, I can't even play Halo anymore. Any suggestions on how to get a better connection? (Without moving back upstairs or moving the router down here.)
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

How about using a cable? :lol: It's the only solution I can think of. I don't think you can get it to a state where you can use the internet without losing connection time by time. This is exactly the reason why I'm refusing to use wireless lan, loss of connection can be very annoying, especially when you're gaming or downloading huge files.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Put the router on the stairs :?:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

That would have to be a very long cable, and it would look kinda tacky, having a LAN cable running from the downstairs room up the stairs. :?
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

im having the same problem, so im just making a small hole in the floor of upstairs and roof of downstairs. my room is right below our familys comp, so all i do is drill down. I had to do this same thing at a friends house.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

My room is downstairs and on the oher side of the house, so that won't work. :cry: I guess what I'm really asking is is there a way to boost? the signal?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

hmm... it would be easier to use a cord, I have a Router, I tried wireless but then I told my dad to use the lan cable.... It works alot better.....
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Well, for some unexplained reason, it's working great now. The connection is now 'Very Good' instead of 'Poor'. I didn't move the router or anything. :? Oh well, I'm not complaining. :D

Return to “The Hardware & Software”