photoshop help

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
ewans_hotcars
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

photoshop help

Post by ewans_hotcars »

i need help with a graphic for a website hosted by halifax banking (a world cup site), i want to save the image so there is transparency as the backgrounds change randomly on the site i cannot integrate the grphic onto it, do you know how to save it with transparency because when i do it comes up with blue where tere should be semi opaque white?
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Try saving as a png, sometimes jpeg wont show transparency.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

in fact, JPEG will NEVER show transparency. of the three web image formats, only GIF and PNG support transparency, and only PNG supports 32-bit alpha channel transparency
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Yeah. Save as a .png and then select interlaced and ok when the small window comes up.
ewans_hotcars
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ewans_hotcars »

yes i have done this several times but it comes up as blue where the transparency should be on the site
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Saving for .png transparency is a bit more diffivult than .gif transparecy, from what I've heard. BRB...

OK, back.
xHaZxMaTx wrote:First off, when cutting out the image, don't use the magic wand tool, use the polygon lasso and be sure to have anti-alias checked. Then save as a .gif. A box should then pop-up, select Local (Sel;ective) under Palette then go to 'Matte' and select Netscape Grey. And that's all there is to it.
Or you can choose whatever color the background of your website is for a better effect.

Return to “Creativity Board”