NFSMW: Ferrari update

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I just wonder how will look razors mustang coz he have flames and body!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Nobody said that the Mustang was the final choice... I only picked the Mustang to work with since in the demo, its the car that shows up in the menus initially... and I used the demo because I could run a debugger on the game without safedisc getting in the way.

The ideal choice for a car to replace is one for which there are no other cars made by the same manufacturer in the game. This would make replacing some of the menu graphics easier. Also, if the cars aren't used in any NIS (FMV) sequences or the game story, it'll be a plus. But the idea is that everyone should have already played the career enough times to be sick of it and want something new even though the career mode is spoilt.

If someone were to go through all the cop speech and find out the speech chunks that refer to the manufacturer names or "sports car", we might be able to cross link the old manufacturer name to "sports car". I really don't have time for this... so if you want to help, go ahead... SOUNDS\SPEECH\copspeech.big is just a big MUS file... use the U2/MW music extraction methods to get the sounds out of it.

We can edit some of the performance specs... we haven't figured them all out yet. It's going to take a while. This is probabbly the thing that's taking the longest since we have to shuffle through a lot of numbers and figure out what they are.

As for the engine sounds, the game does have engine sounds for a Ferrari 360... just look at at the file SOUND\ENGINE\GIN_Ferrari_360.gin. We may be able to use it.. I haven't tried it yet though.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Cool, nice info. 8)
Bulletboy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bulletboy »

@arushan
i have one thing to ask.will the car importer tool work with ug2 ? is it going to be possible to import cars from mw into ug2?
> thats two things to ask then. :D
Last edited by Bulletboy on 01 Jun 2006, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

holy crap! i just went to ckeck those sound files, there are 350z, ford focus, honda s2000 and all the other stuffs... there is so much fun elements that EA missed.... :(

about replacing car... why not use Fiat Punto? no1 is using that (i think...)
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

First: EA did not missed any element! Do you think that they are so stupid that they was planning to put some elements and sudendly forgot about it! Hey we are talking about experts. And read my post above before you post another nonsence about missing cars!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Driver is done, as it is said here:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpost.p ... tcount=278
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Ok then! I sopouse that car should be released soon then!
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Bulletboy wrote:@arushan
i have one thing to ask.will the car importer tool work with ug2 ? is it going to be possible to import cars from mw into ug2?
> thats two things to ask then. :D
Nope.. the code was once able to load up UG2 models, but I never wrote an exporter for it. UG2 is much harder to model for due to the number of parts/textures... I seriously doubt many people would make use of it even if it were possible.
Kid Cro wrote:First: EA did not missed any element! Do you think that they are so stupid that they was planning to put some elements and sudendly forgot about it! Hey we are talking about experts. And read my post above before you post another nonsence about missing cars!
You'd be surprised at how many things get planned but never make it into the final game. EA has a tight schedule on when games need to get released, and if they haven't finished it by then, it gets scrapped. For the sake of argument.. take the PC version of NFSHP2. It was a terrible port... an entire game mode called "top cop" was left unfinished.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah I know that but I mean that they wana to put car/feature/or something else in the game and forgot! I know than EA drop a lot of things out the game but hey if they put all things into it would be harder to think of better ideas and make better game and then that would not be EA!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Ferrari's updates by Arushan:
Heh, I crack open games because I like challenges.. sometimes it becomes too big of a challenge though

And bugs... I can list tonnes of them. Here are few critical ones (in no specific order):
1. Wheels aren't really positioned properly. They are somewhat positioned but their turning angles are way off.
2. No lights yet... some parts need to be remapped; exporter needs support for dummies. I've been spending too much time on the performance to work on the dummies.
3. No decals yet... need to add a few more parts for this.
4. Haven't picked a car to replace (okay, not really a bug.. :p)
5. Due to #4, in game menus still show the logos of the old car
6. Not possible to change car's colour unfortunately. The entire car needs to be remapped to do it... I don't have time to remap, and the HP2 Ferrari isn't worth it.
7. No vinyls due to same reason as #6... Ferraris don't need stickers anyway.
8. Engine sounds... need to attempt to try and use the Ferrari360.gin file.
9. Cop speech sounds... need to figure out a way so that the car gets called as a "sports car".
10. No performance specs for the car yet... As I said earlier, we haven't figured out all the parts of the MW database. Some people are "helping" me with this.. but they are much lazier than I anticipated (cough, you know who you are).

That being said, I'm recruiting for new people to help with the performance specs... since it'll never be done without help.

Required qualifications:
- You must be quite familiar with technical details and attributes for specific cars. For example... final drive ratios, gear ratios, torque curves, default rim sizes, etc.
- You should be easily able (by research or whatever) to figure out what type of values (like final drive ratio, etc) certain numbers may be. We already found out some common values, but there are tonnes more to uncover.
- You should be able to notice things that should be common between two cars, but are different from another car and make guesses on what the value may be. For example, all the Porsches may have one common value which is different from the other cars... this value could possibly be something like a "manufacturer id".
- You must have an insatiable curiosity.
- You must have a considerable amount of free time on your hands that you are willing to spend in front of your computer.
- You need to spend some of your online time in the NFSCars IRC channel to discuss with others what you may have found.
- Knowledge of hex notation of numbers and the ability to use a hex editor (WinHex, 010, HIEW, whatever) and modify floating point/integer values in a file is a plus, but not nessesary.
- And finally, you must have been active on these boards long enough for me to evaluate your maturity level, or have someone else that can vouch for you. If u typ lik dis, just don't bother.

If all of the above sounds like you (or even partly you) and if you think you might be able to help, ask for me on IRC (irc.nfscars.net/#nfs), or PM me here if you can't get a hold of me.
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

hey arushan, i tried to do this what you are doing but my game just crashes...so, i just wanted to ask if you will/can make a tutorial on how to import other cars into nfsmw? thanks!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Woho a new ppl for help! Sound great but then again what is in fromt of us and what if that pearson disapoint you?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

That "new ppl" might have just copied files and renamed them from NFSU2 or something into NFSMW... No wonder it wouldn't work.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

i wonder when are going to be newz about this mod. and of course about nfs:carbon!!!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

About Ferrari when it will be finished! And about Carbon, yeah I am realy suspicious now about new nfs coz there aren't any news about it, I am staritng to belive that it was just romour!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

very weird because when MW was announced, well, early then, there was info about some cars, shots and that stuff.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I realy don't remember but long time no news, something is wierd then!
rayquaza_lvl100
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rayquaza_lvl100 »

i know
NARUTO YOU IDIOT!
.=((WARMEN))=.
Stock
Stock

Post by .=((WARMEN))=. »

download Ferarri cars :?: :?
.=((WARMEN))=.
Stock
Stock

Post by .=((WARMEN))=. »

please watch me how!!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

First : Double pointless post!
Second : How can I watch you downloading ferrari cars!!
Third : There is not any ferrari out for download and it 's only one in progrees!
Adam Of LG
Stock
Stock

Post by Adam Of LG »

What the game needs......is a Veyron. nuff said
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

you mean this thing?

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt that look kindof like the lotus elise? true, a car is a car is a car, but c'mon... i would rather have a few different looking cars than several similar looking cars...
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

O_O!!!
Veyron and elise don't have any similarites especialy under hood!

Return to “News”