NFSUndeground Movies I made

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.

Do you like it?

Poll ended at 23 Mar 2004, 00:20

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

how do I send it.... and all... I got no webstuff experience with upload exept pic here....

how big may it be...
it will be 2 movies a short one and the same bigger... (short for Dailup)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

PM me with size details and i'll give you details on how to upload it to my ftp.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

OK as soon as I converted it and all Ill let you know
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

OK, here is a link to the new movie I made - very short, very basic, and not NFSU... Just an EA game, but it's regarding the downforce issue that was discussed earlier... Just watch it. ;)

http://uploads.peracha.com/nfsforums/Ur ... 0large.zip
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

Nice movie Urquattro! High quality stuff! ((as usual)) :wink:
Last edited by KekumRulez on 26 Mar 2004, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

LOL!! Talk about floaty-boaty handling!! Great work mate - not surprised you're in marketing... :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

nice movie.... good server btw.... nice and fast DL.... I ran against some aditional problems so the Movie has a Delay again.... man I start to look like EA... itself
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

I don't hope so... Because when you start to look like EA, you're movie would be filled with bugs...

And that's not what we (I) want!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well got a point there.... I trie to filter all the bugs... and that takes time, and a lot re shooting...

little errors like missing side morrors and so on...

Ok maybe I start to look more like the Makers of Duke Nuken 4Ever.... delay after delay
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, maybe you're being a lil too picky? I wouldn't be worried about some missing mirrors for example... this ain't the Academy Awards lol!
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Thanks guys! To tell you the truth, this has NEVER happened to me in F1 before, and at this race I tried to outbreak Montoya, and had to switch direction last minute and than he stopped so quickly that I hit him in the gearbox and spun him out. Now had to drive some more without front wing and when I was going up the hill I took off... You see me break like mad after I landed (locked up front right wheel)... Man needless to say I retired with suspension failure, even after they fixed the wing... The car didn't drive straignt at all, and it was a DNF for all Williams team... :( I play on pretty high realism level, without brake assist and stuff, on manual box. Very hard, that's why i struggled, especially to keep the line (but I did get it, watch the second part of the clip)... Another proof that EA CAN do a perfectly good simulation engine. And graphics/sound is amazing as well... I am testing now for next week - Monaco (toughest).
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

dude those are some really sweet videos!! they are dont soo pro like! danm keep up the gr8 work fellas
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well still working on it.... damn got Problems with fraps... could not delete some files... and comp gets firetruck up by it
am I the only one who that prob?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nah - that happens with Win2K and XP. Weird. Reboot the comp and you'll usually be able to delete them...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

tried that... but it say something or someone uses the files... and if I try to delete them even check them for specs.. my comp starts to use all my ram power... and slows down incridible.... till I restart and it runs fine again.... luckely I got my movies on a seperate (F disk) HDD and my good movies on the (G disk) and rest of my stuff on the C disk... so I
format the disk... but don't think that's the way to do it....
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Wait - what kind of files are they, movies right? And they're made by FRAPS so they're huge, right? I think I know what the trouble is - you know on the left of the folder window there's the details section where you see a thumbnail of a picture file etc? Well it does the same for movie files, and of course the comp has to open the file (silently, in the background) to get the little thumb pic up there.

I think it's quite possible that as soon as you click the file in the folder, the comp gets real busy looking at your Gb sized file so it can make the thumbnail pic. Of course, it will take quite a while to digest the huge file, and all the while it's doing that, the file is in use (by the comp), so you can't delete it.

If I'm right, here's the way around it. First, close any folder windows that you have open, then use Windows Explorer (the one with all the folders down the left side) to browse to your file. This way there are no thumbnail previews to worry about. Also make sure that you're not viewing thumbnails in the folder - change the view to Small Icons, List or Details.

I reckon by doing this, you'll be able to delete the file without having to wait an age for the computer to make a thumbnail pic of it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ill try that...

hope it woks, cause want my movie to be finished.....
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

I also want the movie to be finished... Becaus you're teasing us since 9-3-'04... 8) And still no movie yet!! :wink: :wink:

Nah, just joking you Stig! It must be a GOOD movie, because you took alllll the time for it...
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

i got a big problem with fraps, can someone tell me the settings u got your fraps at for recording? cause i did a 10lap race recording sound and video, and took me so long to open them up..26gb!!!...comp crashed and chugged...and when i finally played there was no visual and stuttering sounds could be heard..and i deleted all except one which always hangs comp when trying to delete....please help. i do some serious sick driving but i cant watch it...:(
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Didn't know where else to put this so, here it is. This is my first video :)

I don't have fraps(yet) so I used the silly fraps demo. Anyways it's just me doing some stupid stunt and whatnot, enjoy :)

Length: 30 sec
Size: 1.35 MB

http://sp3ak.tunkeymicket.com/civic.wmv

If you can't download it just let me know and I'll attempt to fix it :)
Sergio
UMP Lead Producer
UMP Lead Producer

Post by Sergio »

looking good...now go ONLINE!!
´07 Opel Astra 1.6 TURBO
´97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs (Sold)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

nice, just needs better quality. Try to save it as High Quality Movie firle for PC in the Movie maker.
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

can anyone help me with my post above?^^^^...no replies yet...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I suggest you record for no longer than 30 seconds at a time. that will solve your problem.

And Windows Movie Maker is a piece of crap from M$ and it crashes like hell, no matter what specs you got. SO save as often as you can.

The file with 'sick driving' - if your comp can't handle it - than yuo'll have to drive again. That's it!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

he finally my first teaser movie is up!
can be found in UPM
for details see the movie UMP topic

Return to “Editing”