NFS Porsche Savedata Error

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed.
Be sure to search first!
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Porsche Savedata Error

Post by ViRus$s »

Hi ! i'm new around here and i came here because my nfs pu gives me an error like "Unable to open file nfs5.trk .. terminate execution ...yes or no ..if you press no appears another error like unable to open file XXDefXX.sav ...yes or no ...if i press no the game doesnt recognize any other save and i have to create antoher one ...after i enter name i press done and appears ...well know error send ...dont send ... :cry: :cry: :cry: can someone can tell me whats the problem or can send me the both good files ?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Seems you have some corrupt files. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Worst case scenario: your hdd is about to break...
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

Can someone give me his savedata folder if anyone still has porsche ? or at least an hint ...what should i do ?
Last edited by ViRus$s on 28 Jul 2006, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I suggest editing your post to remove any discussion of illegal downloading before the mods come in here and do it themselves. ;)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

you got a hacked version, and you got skrewed over double.

either that, or get ready to buy another hard drive cuz your current one is about to die.
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

my hard ..ooo hards ..2 of them are very new ..buyed last week an i dont think they will crash so fast
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

in that case your files are corrupt. and since you have a hacked (illegal) version, there's nothing you can do.
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

its not like hacked ..its a copy of original
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

sure it is :roll:

among the many pieces of advice i could give you, none of them are non-warez related. and i'm not looking to get banned anytime soon, so sorry.
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

not even a link ...something... i need only 2 files not a whole game

ok i think i will just stay on this forum waiting for a miracle ... god damn ..why i uninstaled it ?

goood at me its 1:19 pm and im waiting for a post or a link or a tip ....but nah ....
Edit : btw its MY copy of MY ORIGINAL ..i dont download warez or other $H!TS
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

So uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help? Do you get these errors while installing, in which case you might have a scratched CD? (in which case carefully cleaning its surface might help).
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

No , the game is intalling succefully , but when i start the game i got that 2 errors , if i press "No" in that wuestion the game gets me in the "create New Profile " because my game cant open savegames now .... however when i enter the name of the new profile and press done i have thet error "send or dont't send" annoying .....it looks i need the XXDefXX.sav for the game so it can recognizez and create new profiles .... i dont think i will play anymore porsche :( :( :( ... btw my cd isnt scratched
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

since you've ruled out a failing hard drive, the only other answer is that the copy you're installing from has the files already corrupted.
ViRus$s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ViRus$s »

PPL i need only 2 files ........ the rest of them are good :roll: ........
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

You said you have an original cd and a copy of it, yes? Happens despite which cd you install from?

Only other thing I can think of is limited access user profile which might prevent the game from accessing certain user profile files and directories. You have admin privileges on that pc, correct?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

he lost his original copy and is playing from a copied version. somehow i doubt that story, but who am i to judge? anyways, i tried copying my Porsche CD, and it came up with copy errors. are you absolutely sure the copy you made was a 1:1 copy, and wasnt corrupted in any way?

Return to “Help & Support”