Modding engine sounds in MW

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

Yeah but when I tried to replace existing sounds with those I got an exhaust sound only, so I think there may be something else involved which I'm not aware of. Some of them give you the full engine, though.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmmm...... if they just give you an exhaust sound maybe they are unfinished thus why they are not used
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

Not really... When I replace sounds with other sounds which are in the game for sure (i.e. all the Mustangs I mentioned earlier except the NASCAR one), the same thing happens.

BTW, for any of you who still play NFSU2, you can use the MW sounds in that game (same file format).
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

Hey does anyone know the files for the Lancer? I need a low revving car to test all the sounds not availible in the game. My RX7 changes winds up with a horrid noise after 7 RPM with certain engine sounds.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the engine sounds for the lancer are GIN_HondaS2000_Church.gin >> GIN_S2000_Church_DCL.gin >> CAR_00_ENG_MB_EE.abk and CAR_00_ENG_MB_SPU.abk
@ Zpectre yea i get that problem too for some reason, maybe when arushan decides to drop in he can help us
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

darknight788 wrote:the engine sounds for the lancer are GIN_HondaS2000_Church.gin >> GIN_S2000_Church_DCL.gin >> CAR_00_ENG_MB_EE.abk and CAR_00_ENG_MB_SPU.abk
@ Zpectre yea i get that problem too for some reason, maybe when arushan decides to drop in he can help us
Thanks, everything worked fine untill I pasted the ABK files and then it was like part of the engine noise was reduced.

For anyone deciding to use the diablo sounds, don't replace the ABK file just use the GIN files and it should work fine.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i think replacing the .abk files for some reason reduces the engine noise especially at the high rpms when all you hear is turbo
-EDIT- i replaced just the GIN files this time and it worked, it wasn't muted at all. the Evo sounds kind of cool with the Elise engine. there is another issue though. the elise redlines at about 8500 rpm ( correct me if im wrong ) the Evo redlines at 8000 rpms. well with the Evo and the Elise engine sound when the rpms are up there at around 7000-8000 rpms there is no change in tone. i think i can live with it though
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

Yep I have noticed when you switch engines with cars with a low rev you have a much better chance. I have only managed to get success with the s2000 and the rx8 engine. I had one TVR that came close maybe around 8500 rpm.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

which TVR one did you try and does it sond like the BMW
integi0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by integi0 »

I think so yea
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

Funny thing is that the Cerbera file sounds extremely close to an M3 GTR... It really fooled me into thinking there wasn't a true TVR sound in NFSMW.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

So can anyone put a list of the cars engines with their respectives soudn files??

EDIT: Now i copied the text, thanks darknight, that happens when you're so lazy and don't want to read.
Last edited by xturbo on 22 Jul 2006, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

um look at what arushan posted on page 4
has anybody tried putting UG2 sounds in most wanted
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

All of the NFSU2 files are in NFSMW's sound folder, and many of them are used by the game.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

then do you know which sound in MW is the maxed out mustang in UG2
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

I posted it in page 4. It's not used in MW but it works if you replace the files.
yusufmothman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yusufmothman »

umm. yeah. any nice sounds for lancer?
gimme tut's too. and uhhhhh. maybe the turbo sounds?
i'm not good at these things :lol:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i made my Evo sound like the rx-7. and i replaced the turbo sound with a louder turbo it sounds real nice. look on page 4 arushan posted which file goes with which car. then you just have to rename files and that is it
yusufmothman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yusufmothman »

can you tell me what you did pleaaasee? :)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

give me your email address so i can email you the files because it would take too long for me to explain everything that i have done in those folders. I hope you dont mind a couple other cars have been changed also like the viper and the mercedes SLR which has a really loud whistle and the murc having the same turbo sound as the gallardo. and of course the lancer sounding like the rx-7 with a nice turbo sound. the smaller cars like the lancer, audi tt, wrx, all i have a louder turbo.
yusufmothman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yusufmothman »

thanx darknight788!!
works nicely!
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Devildoll »

Hey guys. i have a problem.

when i change soundfiles.

i changed all the mustangs orginal sounds and replaced them with the Corvette's

it sounds great on first gear, but the more i shift up the less sound it makes.
its only decent till about 3rd gear.

ne1 got a solution to that problem?

i switched all the files. 3 gin files 3 gin dcl and 6 CAR_xx_ENG_MB_EE.abk and
CAR_xx_ENG_MB_SPU.abk
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

When you replace the files, only the exhaust note is played afterwards (the engine is somehow muted). There's no way you can circumvent this other than editing the game's main files and assigning the sounds to the car without replacing the files (I did it with the Ferrari using some external help, but the information about how it was done is classified, at least until Carbon is released, and I won't tell, no matter what).

However, if you only replace the GIN files, the engine sound of the car whose GIN files were replaced is still played (but now it's coupled with the exhaust note of the other car). This makes for interesting combinations.

Oh, BTW, the Mustang sounds better than the Corvette IMO. :P
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Devildoll »

Okeey thanks :D

I discovered that when ya push the on the Nitrous the engine sound gets tuned back up.

And i agree the Mustang has a lovely sound, but im just playing crazy doctor , just tryin to find out how this stuff works :D
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yes there are a few here that know how to assign certain sounds to the car without replacing them, i happen to be one of them too :D also when changing the sound of a car try to replace sounds with another sound meant for the same rpms ( if you try replacing the rx-8 sound with the camaro it will rev like normalfor the first couple rpms then it just becomes monotone

Return to “Editing”