tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

will u stut up becuase it is cool
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hey no need to flame here man , majority rules on this site and majority thinks catch-up sucks
tony24567
Banned

Post by tony24567 »

well it does suck

but it tells u who is behind u
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

there is a way to tell who is behind you and that is the little board in the upper right hand corner. that is how i know is behind me and how far back they are i dont need to see them in my rearview mirror
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

like or dislike of catchup is an opinion. to the majority it sucks. you're one of the few who likes it. you're entitled to think so.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Yup, I agree with HellSpawn. I've just raced Earl again, with catch up off, and it took me 3 attempts in my Clio V6. The basket overtook me at approx 80% the first 2 times and wouldn't slow down or crash. All I can say is, from my experience, is the only car I can NORMALLY beat him first time in is a maxxed and well-tuned Audi TT (full downforce, minimum ride height, extra steering and, this seems to be the key, MINIMUM turbo (I think this improves low end acceleration)). Set the Clio the same, and beat him on the 3rd attempt (1st attempt with these settings).

I tend to use the TT because it's AWD and so is the Lancer Evil. :roll:
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Yeah, I smoked Earl until about the last 20%. Then he turns into the road God and passes me for the win. Bull crap. >_>
Dr@g0n R@g3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dr@g0n R@g3 »

Oh no ive just got on to Earl and with wat ppl are saying about his catchup im not looking foreward to racing him :shock:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

he's beatable. it just takes a lot of effort and a lot of tries.
Dr@g0n R@g3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dr@g0n R@g3 »

:D well after a few days of trying i managed to beat him in my Lexus lol and his catchup is insanely stupid on the sprint towards the end :evil:
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

First (and only) time I beat Earl was with the Porsche Cayman... It's really annoying since the AI, besides cheating with catch-up, is well-programmed for that course... Barely any mistakes or slow sections by the AI driver. To counteract the catch-up I had to throw my car against Earl's a couple of times to make him crash and get a chance to build a small lead.

DarrenR21373 I can't believe it's easier to beat him with the TT... I should've used my TT which I had before the Cayman instead.
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

I like how crashed cars can make up 10-second deficits in about three seconds. ;)

As for MW, I had lots of trouble with Earl too; it took a lot of tries for me to beat him. I beat him using the Porsche Cayman S.

His car is very good though, and handles quite well. I was still using it fairly regularly at the end of the game: it's good on circuit races and for smashing through roadblocks in Pursuits.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

vellu wrote:I found that the last three blacklist races with all their race win requirements were cakewaks...first time around took only three times to pass the final pursuit too. Hardest races were somewhere in the middle.
True... The drag with Jewels was annoying with a truck crossing the street.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Zpectre: You're better than me then, because having completed the game about 20 times now, I have never beaten Earl in the Cayman S. I've tried and just can't make that car work for me against him, no matter how I tuned it; in every other race, it kicked butt though!

As people say, it's personal preference - maybe the AI is programmed to go very slightly easier on "inferior" cars? Hell, I even beat him once with the Punto! Whatever the answer is, the races against this BlackList member are a programming mess IMHO. :roll:

Oh, and I find drags pretty easy, and almost fun now - since I applied the "remove traffic from dargs" patch, available from this website!
Last edited by DarrenR21373 on 15 Aug 2006, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

Drag races were extremely tedious untill I removed traffic... god it was like a trail and error thing.
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

Yep, they were at their best in NFSU, where you had drags with and without traffic.Altghough wihtout traffic migt sound better, I preffered the drags with traffic.Without traffic you had have a regular patern of shifting in order to win the race.Whereas with traffic, you could "push" the A.I. into to traffic.
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

I wouldn't have won the Challenge drag against Razor if he hadn't totalled his car about 10 seconds into it. ;)
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

BGam-3R wrote:I wouldn't have won the Challenge drag against Razor if he hadn't totalled his car about 10 seconds into it. ;)
I won that race by a nose length... it was so tight.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

lol i beat him by over 1000 feet after i spun him out :lol:
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

He crashed early, and I basically crawled to the finish, unintentionally bumping nearly every car on the road. I crossed the finish line with a speed around 90 MPH. ;)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

one of the funniest things i did to razor is that when we were racing along and he was on my right side and i bumped him into a pursuit breaker and he never finished the race it was so funny. right as i was about to cross the finish line i went back to him and he was stuck for good :lol: i shouldve taken a screenshot none of his wheels were touching the ground :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

How long did it say it took him to finish when you got to the race stats?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmmm.............. if i remeber correctly it said DNF or something like that
X-Treme Terror
Ricer
Ricer

Post by X-Treme Terror »

In career, the only car in my garage was a golf. It won me every race :D
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

darknight788 wrote:one of the funniest things i did to razor is that when we were racing along and he was on my right side and i bumped him into a pursuit breaker and he never finished the race it was so funny. right as i was about to cross the finish line i went back to him and he was stuck for good :lol: i shouldve taken a screenshot none of his wheels were touching the ground :lol:
There are 5 races u have to race Razor and which race was that??
I wanna try to bump him and make him stuck lol :lol:

Return to “Most Wanted”