My NFSC PS2 Demo Review

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Abrams wrote:How is crew control features? Can you command him only once? Can you cancel command? How long he performs command?
Yes, you can, by pressing (Tri-angle) buttom, and then he does his job by trying to block the road on other opponents.

I am not sure about commanding him several times, because i only did it once in a race, but its possible i guess, you just have to wait for the command-O-meter to recharge.

You cant cancel command, and it takes about 20 seconds to do his job, sometimes he fails though.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

well, when i pressed the triangle nothing happened :S and it was grey, not white on the screen where the controls are shown :\
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

LOL me too
maybe you have to pay attention when it becomes green
idk...HELP!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

You have to wait untill it charges and turns green before you are able to use it.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

okok
a question skyline maaaaan!
Did u feel any "lag" or "glitches" when u were playing?? because my ps2 somehow lagged at the start of the circuit when all the cars are rev their cars...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yep, the FPS sometimes drops to about 10 FPS at some places.

For sure you can expect this in a very early console demo.
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

Skyline_man wrote:You have to wait untill it charges and turns green before you are able to use it.
oh, i did notice somethin green in the top left corner when racing..
Burn-Exhaust
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burn-Exhaust »

Skyline_man i have a simple question for you : The handling of Carbon its like NFS MW or NFSU2 ?

TKS
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Several warez-related posts removed.

HouseMD93, others: Discussion of illegal downloads such as licensed console BIOS, roms, ISOs, software and media is against the rules of the site and will not be tolerated. I'll thank you to cease posting this kind of material immediately.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Had to go on the demo too, didnt really like it though. I found it hard to see obstacles due to the quite shiznit graphics, and drifting wasnt fun at all. The car starts sliding the moment you steer and the movement is kinda unnatural.

Autosculpting was somehow fun though. Cant wait for the full PC version.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

damn, hopefully in the full version you will be able to tune out this auto sliding which im fairly sure will be possible. i remember playing the demo for mw and those cars weren't the best to control either so theres still hope that nfsc will be just as good as mw.

as for my previous post the cars have been setup for drifting but if you still take the racing line then it's still quite easy to stop it from sliding all over the place which is why i haven't needed to change the settings back to my go-kart handling setups.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Burn-Exhaust wrote:Skyline_man i have a simple question for you : The handling of Carbon its like NFS MW or NFSU2 ?

TKS
NFSMW.
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Several warez-related posts removed.

HouseMD93, others: Discussion of illegal downloads such as licensed console BIOS, roms, ISOs, software and media is against the rules of the site and will not be tolerated. I'll thank you to cease posting this kind of material immediately.

WHAT!!! thats ridicilous, i took that tut from another forum and edited it a little (no arguing with admin :(), but really...are roms, iso's are against the rules in nfsunlimited?

I mean come on...Iso's are just cd copies in file form...so are all other formats like bin!

edit : I Agree with licenced bios...
Edit 2 : As speaking of Emu's isn't against the rules (by that i mean hopefully, i saw someone else mention it before), no there isn't one yet would work on pc with nfs c demo, as they are still in a beta stage their fps rate keeps dropping and increasing.
User deactivated:
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

@gt: how can a demo be illegal, if its free?
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

no, the bios, roms and and other Programs are illigal, nothing to do with demo...if u wanna find one, u gotta do it urself this forum says
User deactivated:
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

*gasp* I don't see custom tracks (music) yet. >_>
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Janx14 wrote:@gt: how can a demo be illegal, if its free?
As House says, it was the posting of a link to a PS2 BIOS download that got my back up.

To be honest, I wasn't too happy about the links posted for the demo download either. Look at it this way - NFSUnlimited owes its very existence to the fact that EA makes a game series called Need For Speed. In light of that fact, we need to be extremely careful that we treat the franchise and all that comes from it with the utmost respect. In short, never bite the hand that feeds you.

@House, yes, I am extremely serious, and so are the rules. See for yourself. The fact is if you're discussing the download of ANYTHING for which there's a price you're not paying, it's warez discussion, and warez shall not be discussed.

Someone please explain to me what is so unclear about that.
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

I'm sorry if ur P***** about this, yea there is nothing to explain about that, i will read the rules and obey to any sharing discussing, one question : whats wrong with submitting the links from http://www.nfs-planet.de ? i mean the demo isn't legal or anything, and its telling those who have ps2 that here is the demo.

Edit :GT3x24x7, thinking about it, ur a really good admin...u no the rules straight off heart, if u see anyone breaking them u will punish them, if u do not see anyone u will be supportive!
User deactivated:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

...doodooodooo.....

neways hopefully the nfs-trax will be even better than ever in nfsc so that i can add a few more songs to my all time favorites that include a few from previous nfs's. imo these were the best of the best:

nfsug1 - story of the year-and the hero will drown
nfsug2 - none... ug2 trax kinda sucked =P
nfsmw - bullet for my valentine-hand of blood

and a little out of sync but still from a racing game (juiced aka crappy nfs wannabe):
the exies-what you deserve

i find that rock songs as good as these tend to be the most suitable for driving games and i would really like to see/hear more of them in the new game. =D
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Nice vid of the game but I wonder if the graphics of the game are gonna be so crappy on the cube
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

http://tinyurl.com/eayoa

tinyurl ftw!

Here's what I'm talking about, the car moves around very strangely like it doesn't weight anything, but it still loses grip easily.
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

well, i see what u mean...it look at his straight drift (90 degrees) should'nt the car lift the wheels...but that is a demo, so to keep the demo size down they took away that realistic feature. although why did they have to edit the image file, now it takes lots of space when extraction 167mb - 2.67gb (and yea its possible to edit size, but forgot how), once i made a 500kb into 5gb :lol:
User deactivated:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ok i tested the demo again but now calmly and slowly. Drifting handling is ok, but it DEPENDS on HOW you press the analog stick, obviously if you do it hard and violent, the car respond sliding right away, but if you press it SOFTLY, the car don't do that violent reaction....so if you are the guy who doesn't have good fingers, the car is going to slide for everywhere.... Also noticed that the tuners are the best for drifting, believe me... ;)

Canyon Duels are great, and don't get scared about what said Lapierre about the duels.: make sure to be close enough of the opponent and wish he commites a mistake and buumm!!, he falls from the canyon or fall behind....

Also noticed that when i'm racing, i just press only the X (accel) and i don't need to keep it pressed to accelerate. a bug? i dont know really.

Oh and i have pics of me playing the demo..LOL
Attachments
Imagen22.jpg
Autosculpting the EVO
Autosculpting the EVO
Autosculpting the Evo 9
Autosculpting the Evo 9
Racing against Kenji
Racing against Kenji
Drifting with the EVO
Drifting with the EVO
Canyon Dueling Kenji!!
Canyon Dueling Kenji!!
i've just won kenji simply because i just pass him so easily....
i've just won kenji simply because i just pass him so easily....
The intros of the race are coool!!!
The intros of the race are coool!!!
In the middle of the canyon race against Kenji...
In the middle of the canyon race against Kenji...
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

whats up with those pics :lol:.... anyway if u believe so...i am gonna wait a long time before i can play the ps2 version in my comp or wait for pc demo.
User deactivated:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

it was a proof that i'm not lying, some ppl PM me and told me that i was lying so...

Return to “Carbon”