Need For Speed: Island?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Need For Speed: Island?

Post by Speed818 »

a rumour of a new NFS title upcoming, a line of series called "The Island"

Seems like an interesting idea but lacks originality, different games in one big environment that's all the same, but the NFS version does sound nice, but looks like it's just for the Wii

EDIT: Guess it isn't just for the Wii, but all this is just a rumor and I highly doubt any of this is true at all, but comments and suggestions would be nice

http://www.wii-files.com/news/game-news ... r-wii.html
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The information has been posted in the Carbon thread :roll: ...I sense a lock coming soon, since EA confirmed there is no such thing as NFS: The Island in the works...

Not only that, it says the titles will come out on November 14, 2006 which is not possible since Carbon is coming out on November 1, 2006...
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

Just looked in that thread, coulda sworn I didn't see it, all right then, I'll admit When i do something stupid, Now mods lock this and i will crawl back under my rock
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

The rumour actually surfaced about 2 days ago...and was on http://www.nfs-planet.de (that's how I found out about it)...plus it's too good to be true...knowing EA... :roll:
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Well, sounds like a slightly good idea to me. Just not the theme park doo hickey. I love EA's racing games plus I'm a huge Sims fan. :D
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

I don't take this for real . . . . . . . .
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Yeah well, one day they talked about an hipotetic game called 'Most Wanted' and nobody trusted it... ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

Is this "Island" game you guys are talking about is Test Drive Unlimited?
http://www.testdriveunlimited.com
blown_engine
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blown_engine »

Aww... I doubt this is NOT real because they don't start making this before launching Carbon.

Its a rumor.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Zonda_Z wrote:Is this "Island" game you guys are talking about is Test Drive Unlimited?
http://www.testdriveunlimited.com
No man...sheesh. :roll: That's made by Atari has been announced a long time ago (before Carbon was)...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I've been thinking about something like this "Island" thing before... Since EA has a lot of different games, it could be fun to combine them somehow... Like make a neighborhood in Island:Sims, put it into a city in Island:SimCity, and then race around in Island:NFS. And use stadiums in the city for Island:FIFA and other sports games. Everything online, of course.

Got around 7 A4 pages with ideas, that I made together with Meras. The plan was to make a huge thread about it here, but we never got that far... :(
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

Um, guys , wake up , even carbon isn't out yet , so maybe you guys should put this down for a while . . . . . . . . .( It's only OPINION) . . . . . . .
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I wonder why is this topic opened till now ?, it was confirmed by EA that this NFS: Island thing was Fake.

so yeah...LOCKED.

Return to “Most Wanted”