A question about the graphics!

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

spike_minoda wrote:look at these pic (all taken from gamespot review , not promo pics from EA)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een008.jpg
Notice the motion blur quality ,it looks better than on PC, not only that , motion blur on PC blurs everything on the screen which looks crappy ,while the X360 version only blurs the environments
On my computer only the environments blur as well. The car stays the same. It's not quite possible for a console to match or best the graphics of a PC.
spike_minoda wrote:but the problem is EA MAKE NFSMW a downgrade version from the X360 ver so no matter how powerful your PC is the game cant look as good as the X360 ver.
The game developers didn't make it a downgrade from the X360. They usually make games for PC before consoles. Due to more detail in PC games than on console games it takes longer for PC games to come out, even though console games may come out before the PC that doesn't mean that they made it before the PC version. PC games are typically started before console games and are finished and released after consoles games.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

On my computer only the environments blur as well. The car stays the same. It's not quite possible for a console to match or best the graphics of a PC.
Oh really ? give me a shot from your computer ,will ya ? this is a screenshot taken from my computer at highest setting (3ghz CPU, 2gigs of RAM, 256MB 7900GT , dont tell me that my comp cant run NFSMW at it's highest graphics lol )
Cant u see the difference ?
The game developers didn't make it a downgrade from the X360. They usually make games for PC before consoles. Due to more detail in PC games than on console games it takes longer for PC games to come out, even though console games may come out before the PC that doesn't mean that they made it before the PC version. PC games are typically started before console games and are finished and released after consoles games.
First , it depends on games, developers ,they usually make game for PC before console ? not really , what if they use PC to create models, texture for the game ,then combine it with the engine to play on the console, have you seen Metal Gear Solid 2 on PC? such an extremely bad port eh ? or should i say GRAW again?. EA makes NFSMW's PC ver looks worse than the X360, maybe because their main focus was the X360 version, so they make the game for it first ,then downgrade to the others system, or maybe because the developers who make X360 ver and PC ver are 2 different group , or maybe they just dont have enough time to finish the PC ver, or they actualy wanted to do that so people buy the X360 version more (remember NFSMW is one of the first racing game for X360 ? ). Btw, PC game usualy takes more time to develope , in most case because it have to be compatible with tons of hardware on the market. Developing game for console is much easier since they dont have to worry about that problem.

Anyway, dont u see my point ? and dont u see the difference in graphics between 2 version of the game as i pointed out above ? dont get me wrong , PC still alot better than console , for example ,both Prey and Oblivion in PC look much better than their X360 version. So far i just wanna say that NFSMW on PC graphically < NFSMW on X360 . I've pointed out everything i've seen, but if u still say that the X360 version is better than the PC ver , i have nothing else to say .
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

spike_minoda wrote:Oh really ? give me a shot from your computer ,will ya ? this is a screenshot taken from my computer at highest setting (3ghz CPU, 2gigs of RAM, 256MB 7900GT , dont tell me that my comp cant run NFSMW at it's highest graphics lol )
Cant u see the difference ?
Just took a visit to MW and you're right. At super high speeds the edges of the car blur.

spike_minoda wrote:Anyway, dont u see my point ? and dont u see the difference in graphics between 2 version of the game as i pointed out above ? dont get me wrong , PC still alot better than console , for example ,both Prey and Oblivion in PC look much better than their X360 version.
Same thing with Crysis. That game burned out the graphics chip on the X360, PS3, and Wii.
spike_minoda wrote:I've pointed out everything i've seen, but if u still say that the X360 version is better than the PC ver, i have nothing else to say.
Ok when did I say that? :-s

I was saying the PC looks better.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm sure it was a typo, Jop. :P

Also, I've found that MW runs a helluva lot smoother in 1024x768 than in 1280x960 or 1280x1024 without sacrificing quality too much.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

sorry ,i said that in case u still dont get my point
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Ah. Ok.

@ Haz: yeah it does run a lot smoother on 1024x768.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

1024 X 768 seems to be optimal setting for most comps running MW i tried 800 x 600 and it looks too crappy and 1600 x 1200 lowwers fps to a uncomfortable level for me. 1600 x 1200 is just not worth it IMO
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

why are you saying TV's can't go more than 640 x 480?...I have a Sony TV (it's not a HD) and can go up to 1024 x 768...
About the resolutions in game on PC: I play at 1280 x 1024 and it runs smooth and looks very good :)

Return to “Most Wanted”