"Drift Button" - my ingenius idea for NFS

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
The_Highwayman
Stock
Stock

"Drift Button" - my ingenius idea for NFS

Post by The_Highwayman »

Ok, this idea is just so brilliant and revolutionary that you will simply pee in you pants when you're done reading it.

The idea: a button that, when held down, converts the driving physics of the game into those of the drifting mode.

An example: you know when you're usually cruising around in free roam at full speed and you get to this nice, long, wide curve and you can't do anything but keep the pedal down and go throught it with youre tires screeching.
If you had the "Drift button" you could push it, a little speed bonus indicator would pop up (like in regular Drift mode) and you could gracefully slide the curve sideways with the wheels spinning and the smoke billing.

Whaddaya think?
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

that would be nice and cool :)
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SJ_PleaseDontShootMe »

sorry m8 but i really hate that idea :shock:
i also hate the breaker thing which is sorta this thing but in slow mo..
(might be cos i really hate the drift physics in carbon.. i want total control!)
Last edited by SJ_PleaseDontShootMe on 05 Nov 2006, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Uhh... You mean like the e-brake? :|
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

More like completely killing the grip-style physics and turn it into drift mode.

It's like going from a Circuit event to a Drift event in 1 second.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Re: "Drift Button" - my ingenius idea for NFS

Post by BluePhirePB »

The_Highwayman wrote:Ok, this idea is just so brilliant and revolutionary that you will simply pee in you pants when you're done reading it.
Don't flatter yourself honey.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

BluePhirePB wrote:
The_Highwayman wrote:Ok, this idea is just so brilliant and revolutionary that you will simply pee in you pants when you're done reading it.
Don't flatter yourself honey.
LOL, i wonder if we can do that someday...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Damn you. *changes pants* :(

Great idea tho, I've wanted that since I first touched a racing game (around 1995)...
Cyfun
Stock
Stock

Post by Cyfun »

That would be an interesting option. I don't understand why there are 2 separate sets of physics engine parameters for this game. Then again, what do you expect from EA? :)

This was designed to be an arcade-ish racing game that allows people to emulate the driving in the latest Fast and the Furious movie, just like the last few NFS games. If its a real racing sim you want, go play Live for Speed.
SJ_PleaseDontShootMe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SJ_PleaseDontShootMe »

Cyfun wrote:That would be an interesting option. I don't understand why there are 2 separate sets of physics engine parameters for this game. Then again, what do you expect from EA? :)

This was designed to be an arcade-ish racing game that allows people to emulate the driving in the latest Fast and the Furious movie, just like the last few NFS games. If its a real racing sim you want, go play Live for Speed.
dont go play live for speed! pick rather rFactor.. theres so much to drive in it due its "open source".. almost weekly coming great mods.. i feel live for speed seriously lacks something..
and its not a argument of superiority cos rFactors open source thing is simply unbeatable :D
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Well, I'll take that challenge the same way I did back in NFSU, NFSU 2 and NFS MW and now Carbon.
Change your car setup, a bit more interresting in my book.
But then again who am I to speak? I like Carbon but I am from the simulation crowd who enjoys GTR 2, GT4 and Enthusia.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I might have peed my pants with hestrical laughter , You never know tho ; those monkeys at EA might like it :)
mxxax
Stock
Stock

Post by mxxax »

the best thing to do is to buy RWD car, and go drift, you dont need no button or something like that.hhehe
i like the idea, why not...
drive2droad
Ricer
Ricer

Post by drive2droad »

i dont know about you guys but since the time i moved to my native country here in india , racing for sure is starting to mean that you drift ! its a cool idea nevertheless but ea's bonker heads wont approve it !
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Do a bit of tuning, build a muscle leaned fully towards torque, and pull the e-brake. Thats a stupid idea having a drift button (no offence) but if you can't drift without changing the game physics, you shouldn't be drifting.
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

SomeKindOfMonster wrote:Do a bit of tuning, build a muscle leaned fully towards torque, and pull the e-brake. Thats a stupid idea having a drift button (no offence) but if you can't drift without changing the game physics, you shouldn't be drifting.

agreed, i dont have a muscle, but I have a Rx7 for my free roam happyness drifting... But just tune it to all toruque, little speed hear and there.. it realy makes a diffrence...
coen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coen »

it would be really nice,...
is see my drifting with cops on my tail.. you can make theen great in game videos.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

no it could be not, that's a whorse ideea, how can you instant drift? :roll:
Lyrian
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lyrian »

The idea: a button that, when held down, converts the driving physics of the game into those of the drifting mode.

An example: you know when you're usually cruising around in free roam at full speed and you get to this nice, long, wide curve and you can't do anything but keep the pedal down and go throught it with youre tires screeching.
If you had the "Drift button" you could push it, a little speed bonus indicator would pop up (like in regular Drift mode) and you could gracefully slide the curve sideways with the wheels spinning and the smoke billing.

Whaddaya think?
try playing muscle type car, there is drift enought even if you take grip tires
Its all about the american muscle
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

Lyrian wrote:try playing muscle type car, there is drift enought even if you take grip tires
Yep, that's why I love muscle car 8)
cybercrash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cybercrash »

but muscle look like crap
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I don't think it should be accessible DURING the races; however, I think it should be a selectable option when selecting the race options. In addition I think if this is going to work they need to have a slightly different selection of tracks for drift-race mode (as in, slightly fewer of the highway tracks and some of the longer drift tracks, as well as some mountain-y tracks like Carbon's canyons).
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

The_Highwayman wrote:
Whaddaya think?
I have to say, I really like this idea and I think I understand where you are coming from. You see, I love to play MW and just drive around and look for trouble with the cops. For me, there is something so BADASS about bolting away from the cops and then drifting around making them look like fools. :mrgreen:
In MW I would have to turn in and tap the speed breaker on and off at highish speed in order to "drift" because the physics are too arcade in NFS. Doing this was the only way to unsettle the tail enough to get some sort of drift out of the cars before the guiding-hands-of-arcade spoiled all the fun.. Let's not confuse drifting with a little 10m tail step out guys. I don't care how much car setting up you do, you can't really drift in NFS games unless you are in the drift mode. See my video to understand what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cugs4CwA1yE

EA should just create physics like those of Forza 2...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Basicly what Gavh2 already mentioned get something like the Forza 2 system, it's not that they should build in drift physics into the normal engine, but build simply good physics that allow you to tune you car to be able to drift on the road or on the drift track (or both ofcourse)

In forza 2 you can tune you car so you can drift (originally there are no drift races in the game, but because the engine is so specific you can tune your ride to get very nice drifts.
Powersliding is never a problem in Forza, drifting is something you have to learn to master in that game.

Just search youtube for movies :wink:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

rofl, near 2 year resurrection.. nice1 xD

Return to “ProStreet”