[MW]Debug Error!?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

[MW]Debug Error!?

Post by EVO_VIII »

When I was playing the challenge series, somewhere around 50(15 minutes pursuit, once done, evade, using a Cayman S), But a dialog box popped up and said something about "debug error..."(<--something like that), then I jumped out to Windows...:(
What's going on?? How can I do?? Need to reinstall???
btw I used hex to edit bonus markers, does it make this error happened??
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it's a bug with Most Wanted. you'll just have to deal with it.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Also happened with me....it's a debug c++ library error?? maybe is because the memory is low to continuing loading things, as i tested myself...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

the users at NFSUnlimited have tried countless number of times to pinpoint the cause of the problem, unsuccessfully. it was said that turning motion blur off causes this problem, but this solution only applied to a very few people. it was also said that lengthy pursuits caused this problem, but this turned out not to be the case.

so for all purposes, this is a bug with Most Wanted that probably only EA can fix. but since EA has discontinued support fot the game, we won't see a fix for it.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i'd say it is the lengthy pursuit because it has never happened to me while just roaming aorund. it has always happened to me at random when i am running from the cops and my heat is either 4 or 5 :?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

like i said, there have been different users reporting different things. that's why i'm just gonna say it's an error with the game.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

darknight788 wrote:i'd say it is the lengthy pursuit because it has never happened to me while just roaming aorund. it has always happened to me at random when i am running from the cops and my heat is either 4 or 5 :?
Yea I agree with ya, it happenes to me too(when the heat level is high)
I did the event#68 in the challenge series(the 30 minutes pursuit using a Gallardo) today. I evaded the pursuit, BUT when I pressed Enter to "continue", the game crashed and jumped back to Windows, and I thought WTF.....my hardwork was just vanished :(
It also happened compule of times when I was doing event#60(the 15 minutes pursuit using a Cayman S)
and one of the pursuit using the VXR. :(
callidus
Stock
Stock

of all the times and places

Post by callidus »

I've got the same problem, only it consistently pops up just as I'm about to jump the bridge after running away from Cross on heat level 6. I cannot beat the game because of it and always start my career back up running on the last chase, and after 5-8 min (when I get around to the bridge) my computer crashes the game and sends me back to the desktop. :evil:

Return to “Help & Support”