PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Which one ?

PC
49%
Xbox 360
15%
Playstation 3
27%
Nintendo Wii
7%
Atari 2600
2%

Total votes: 112

DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

xALFAxGT wrote:I was really looking forward to the ps3 but after watching that press release, i'm not so sure.

But then there weren't many games out immediatey when the ps2 was released and it started off with Ridge Racer.

I have to say that i love the playstation generaly and have never really gamed on the pc, exept for the likes of Civ and AoE, but thats largely because my graphics aren't that great. The main reason why i wont buy a xb360 is having to pay to go on live. IMO that sucks.

So after rambling like this, i'll probably buy the ps3.
But the price for PS3 is just fine? It's cheaper to buy 360 and xbox live for a year. Actually I did some testing. The same price as PS3 you can get:
Complete 360, Xbox live for a year and woot woot three/four games.

As I read somewhere else it's almost like the 360 just alot more expensive....
Here in Europe we call it "DelayStation" hahah, whoever made that up got a good imagination, even tho it true.

As articles call it an expensive 360 with add-ons.
Go for 360 or wii. Just my little opinion.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

doesn't it seem like we geniea pigs for nintendo?
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I'm sure they would have had plenty of play testers for the Wii, during development...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

DeMyX wrote:
xALFAxGT wrote:I was really looking forward to the ps3 but after watching that press release, i'm not so sure.

But then there weren't many games out immediatey when the ps2 was released and it started off with Ridge Racer.

I have to say that i love the playstation generaly and have never really gamed on the pc, exept for the likes of Civ and AoE, but thats largely because my graphics aren't that great. The main reason why i wont buy a xb360 is having to pay to go on live. IMO that sucks.

So after rambling like this, i'll probably buy the ps3.
But the price for PS3 is just fine? It's cheaper to buy 360 and xbox live for a year. Actually I did some testing. The same price as PS3 you can get:
Complete 360, Xbox live for a year and woot woot three/four games.

As I read somewhere else it's almost like the 360 just alot more expensive....
Here in Europe we call it "DelayStation" hahah, whoever made that up got a good imagination, even tho it true.

As articles call it an expensive 360 with add-ons.
Go for 360 or wii. Just my little opinion.
You must not be thinking straight.

Xbox 360 Premium - $400
HD DVD Player - $200
Game - $40 - $60

PS3 with HD BluRay - $600
Game - $60 - $70

To me, PS3 makes a better media center if you watch more movies or listen to music. If you cant afford the HD player for 360, play only games on the 360.

Neither one is cheaper for the money (and value)... The Wii is worthless compared to the PS3.
korge
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

Just 600 in us? Haha, actually I am thinking straight it cost 1100 here.
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

DeMyX wrote:Just 600 in us? Haha, actually I am thinking straight it cost 1100 here.
Is that not just the ones being sold by profetiers on ebay at the mo???

Also - paying for online play is NOT right. Principle with me!!

Games for XB360 are €70-€75 here. PS3 will be the same.
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

xALFAxGT wrote:
DeMyX wrote:Just 600 in us? Haha, actually I am thinking straight it cost 1100 here.
Is that not just the ones being sold by profetiers on ebay at the mo???

Also - paying for online play is NOT right. Principle with me!!

Games for XB360 are €70-€75 here. PS3 will be the same.
Haha, no. Ebay price is like 6000 dollars and stuff.
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

so are you saying it cost 1100 where you are?
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

Yes, that's what i'm saying. PS3 1000 - 1100 Xbox 400 - 500 Wii 200 - 250.
I wouldn't buy the PS3 before it down to 400 at least.
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

My apologies - i did a check on the prices

I was under the impression that it was going to be c. €600, but it would appear to be c. €730 ($970).

My mistake - doesn't mean i wont buy it though
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Sucks for you guys that dont get the realistic MSRP.
korge
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

korge wrote:Sucks for you guys that dont get the realistic MSRP.
Yer... Ive seen game prices in America is like 30 bucks there when they cost 80 bucks here... :( Unfair, unfair I say!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

DeMyX wrote:Yer... Ive seen game prices in America is like 30 bucks there when they cost 80 bucks here... :( Unfair, unfair I say!
Believe me, its the same here...maybe worse. :roll:
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Hahaha I just got a xbox360 and I love it! But nothing beats a PC. I got the premium edition of the 360 for $200 (Black Friday) so I spent the money on other things, like 2 games and an extra wireless controller. I dont really mind the fact that you have to play online, because my friend bought me a 1 year pass thingy for my last year birthday, he thought i had a 360 at the time.

The Wii seems like a fun system to have for parties or little kids. I wouldnt mind getting one because of the cool wii-mote and the aspect of moving while playing a game. I wont buy a Wii for a while though, maybe after my Birthday or something...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I know most people prefer the PC for gaming as they supposedly have better graphics. So lets just clear some things up..

Games that are simultaneously released on multiple platforms usually have better graphics on the latest consoles. Why? Because not everyone has a high end wallet, meaning they do not all run a high end PC. We've heard a lot of whining that EA isn't able to create a decent game. Why did people whine? Oh yes, because their PC wasn't powerful enough, so blame EA.( *cough* phiack you ea my pc can't run carbon now i have to get a new graphics card, f*ckers!!1 )

I can't stand how the same old noobs yell: rofllol pc pwns j0r console graphics liek omg. And the same old noobs cry that a game developer is shiznit because they don't care about people with weak PCs.

By the time a next-gen console is released, PC graphics card development has already catched up. The problem is..: Everyone getting a 360 will get the same 360 everyone else is getting. A game designed for it will run at every 360, now you can't say that for PCs.

PCs are only superior to consoles when you have the cash to dish out. And PC graphics are only superior to console graphics when the developer decides to have them like that. A Conroe processor + GeForce 8800GTX will kill the 360 anyday in terms of power, but Carbon still looks worse on the PC. It's not meant to look better, you can't make it look better. Running Tetris on your 8800GTX doesn't make it look better either.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

PSZeTa wrote:I know most people prefer the PC for gaming as they supposedly have better graphics. So lets just clear some things up..

Games that are simultaneously released on multiple platforms usually have better graphics on the latest consoles. Why? Because not everyone has a high end wallet, meaning they do not all run a high end PC. We've heard a lot of whining that EA isn't able to create a decent game. Why did people whine? Oh yes, because their PC wasn't powerful enough, so blame EA.( *cough* phiack you ea my pc can't run carbon now i have to get a new graphics card, f*ckers!!1 )

I can't stand how the same old noobs yell: rofllol pc pwns j0r console graphics liek omg. And the same old noobs cry that a game developer is shiznit because they don't care about people with weak PCs.

By the time a next-gen console is released, PC graphics card development has already catched up. The problem is..: Everyone getting a 360 will get the same 360 everyone else is getting. A game designed for it will run at every 360, now you can't say that for PCs.

PCs are only superior to consoles when you have the cash to dish out. And PC graphics are only superior to console graphics when the developer decides to have them like that. A Conroe processor + GeForce 8800GTX will kill the 360 anyday in terms of power, but Carbon still looks worse on the PC. It's not meant to look better, you can't make it look better. Running Tetris on your 8800GTX doesn't make it look better either.
Agree with every single word, thats why i am thinking of getting a PS3 next fall, simply because i cant afford a high end PC every 1-2 years to play games at maximum graphics with good performance, and secondly, console games are more optimized and taken care of than the PC version, unless the game was a PC exclusive game like Crysis for example.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

korge wrote:Crysis (PC) looks better than anything on the 360 so far so I still am unshaken from the PC.
same here
Driv2Slow
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

The thing is that almost more than 60% of game's looks and preformance is in programers hands, not in your rig. Just to make it clear, try to compare PS1 beginning (games) with very end. Same processor, same gfx, and games improved alot. Magic word is: Optimising! If programers would care, even systems that are standards now (PCs) could run games at least as good as they preforme on PS3/XBox360. Naturaly, MS wants to get some profit out of this, so they developed DX10 spetialy designed for new OS Vista. <sarcasm> And you'll have to have DX10 gfx to use it's full potential. Again, MS improves sales for gfx cards. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. But that's not my point. Consoles, as I said on other post can't be upgraded. CPU, GFX, Memory all stays the same, unlike the PC so this is why PC can preforme and look better. Not that I don't like consoles, on contrary, PS3 is absolutely magnificent, just made my point of PC advantages. Sure, it costs a lot to upgrade PC constantly, so many buy a console, and save tones of money, get same gaming experience, and they are sertain that their console preformance will be used to the MAX.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

I've been on holiday, so I missed the Wii launch, but I went to the shops today and got the very last one :D:D:D

However, they didn't have Zelda, so I'm putting up with Wii Sports for now . . .
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

boganbusman wrote:WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

I've been on holiday, so I missed the Wii launch, but I went to the shops today and got the very last one :D:D:D

However, they didn't have Zelda, so I'm putting up with Wii Sports for now . . .
Lucky... they only sent like 1000 Wii's to Norway.
On the release date they sent 600,000 to America..
Unfair? Oh ye.

And we even pay double the price...lame.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

ROFL . . . my dad has become hooked on Wii Sports, he plays it more than I do!

I think I'll have to make him pay for half of it, the bastard :P
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

my sister doesn't like me cuz i keep beating her at wii sports :P
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

krazyammo wrote:my sister doesn't like me cuz i keep beating her at wii sports :P
You can give it to me. I would be so happy.. :( I'll make a sig for you! How about that?
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

sorry man...sister is still gonna keep it so she can play brawl and maybe some other games i can't think of rite now
DeMyX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DeMyX »

NOOOO I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT WII :(

Return to “The Games”