Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by Skyline_man »

<center>Image</center>

Platforms: CONFIRMED - Xbox 360 and PS3.

So far Grand Theft Auto has been announced for the Playstation 3 (PS3) and the Xbox 360. A PC release has not been announced, although one is expected. If there is a PC release, it will not be until around June-July 2008.

• Episodic Content : CONFIRMED

During Microsoft's E³ press conference in 2006, Peter Moore announced that Rockstar Games were working on two extra downloadable packs via Xbox Live exclusively for the Xbox 360. peter Moore's described these extra packs as 'epic episode packs' and woudn't just be the extra feature such as a few cars or clothing items but hours of entire new gameplay. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive episodes.

There have been rumors that the Playstation 3 will also be getting it's own downloadable content different to the Xbox 360's content, which will be downloadable via the Sony's online service.

Earlier this week (beginning February 26th) Take 2 Interactive Software released a statement confirming that the Episodic Content for GTA4 will be released sometime in 2008. No exact date has been confirmed yet but being given a definite year is a start. Still no information on how much these downloads will cost, so stay tuned for the confirmed details.

• Graphics Technology : CONFIRMED

Rockstar have confirmed that they will be planning on using their new 'RAGE' engine to power up their latest installment of Grand Theft Auto, A preview of this engine can be seen in Rockstar's latest game 'Rockstar presents table tennis' and if these graphics are anything to go by fans will not be disappointed in the next generation of Grand Theft Auto.

RAGE, short for Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, is a custom-developed visual engine that excels at rendering elaborate animations, particularly cloth texture. This is already evident in Table Tennis, as the clothing of the players swishes and sways realistically with their movements.

• Release Date: CONFIRMED

* October 16th, 2007 for North America
* October 20th, 2007 for Europe

Official Site: http://www.GTAIV.com

Source: GTA Forums.

!! First Exclusive Official Trailer; Coming March 29th, 2007 !!
paras779
Drift King
Drift King

Post by paras779 »

Wow......i am sooooo excited...this game is mine for sure !!!
Dr. Sausages
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dr. Sausages »

I posted it already its according to Ign its gonna be called gta yakuza.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Thats a kinda stupid name. They should stick with 4.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Dr. Sausages wrote:I posted it already its according to Ign its gonna be called gta yakuza.
Sheesh, you dont even know what you are talking about... it was just an insider comparison between GTA & Yakuza, both are different games but same style.

The name for the next GTA is already confirmed: GTA IV.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Good for confirming that Skyline.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by YaelDjiel »

Skyline_man wrote: So far Grand Theft Auto has been announced for the Playstation 3 (PS3) and the Xbox 360. A PC release has not been announced, although one is expected. If there is a PC release, it will not be until around June-July 2008.
damn them! :evil:
i hate that. im not buying a x360 or ps3 just for that :( so it better be on pc too :x
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

YaelDjiel wrote:
Skyline_man wrote: So far Grand Theft Auto has been announced for the Playstation 3 (PS3) and the Xbox 360. A PC release has not been announced, although one is expected. If there is a PC release, it will not be until around June-July 2008.
i hate that. im not buying a x360 or ps3 just for that :( so it better be on pc too :x
It will, dont worry...just wait 8-9 months. :P

eh...i might wait as well. :roll:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

damn! i cant wait for that trailer release... !!

I really want to see the new RAGE in action
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Honestly, I don't know what Rockstar could implement into GTA to make new and fresh (other than prettier graphics). I mean, the first GTA I've played was Vice City and it was awesome because it was the first game I've played where I could do whatever I wanted. Then San Andreas came and it honestly did not appeal the same. Sure, the map was bigger (which actually worsened the experience), and sure there were different missions but it was just boring (taking care of girlfriends, and eating?) GTA is turning into a RPG...
Neoned
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Neoned »

I would like to see licensed cars,clothes and maybe locations.
Let's wait to see :D
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio wrote:Honestly, I don't know what Rockstar could implement into GTA to make new and fresh (other than prettier graphics). I mean, the first GTA I've played was Vice City and it was awesome because it was the first game I've played where I could do whatever I wanted. Then San Andreas came and it honestly did not appeal the same. Sure, the map was bigger (which actually worsened the experience), and sure there were different missions but it was just boring (taking care of girlfriends, and eating?) GTA is turning into a RPG...
Honestly, i think its getting better & better, i've been playing GTA since the original GTA, and GTA3 was a huge transformation, GTA: VC was Awesome to see Miami's life, great to play in Summer..lol :) . When GTA: SA came out, it just blew me away, i couldnt find the words to describe my happiness with it...it was like the king of the Trilogy.

I cant wait till GTA IV, and i know i wont be disappointed. 8)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

You still haven't said what was actually good about it. I mean, for example in SA, most of the terrain was so useless...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I prefer the terrain in SA to VC. VC is too flat.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I loved every single piece of land in SA, i guess i havent discovered all parts of the map yet.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

2furio wrote:Honestly, I don't know what Rockstar could implement into GTA to make new and fresh (other than prettier graphics). I mean, the first GTA I've played was Vice City and it was awesome because it was the first game I've played where I could do whatever I wanted. Then San Andreas came and it honestly did not appeal the same. Sure, the map was bigger (which actually worsened the experience), and sure there were different missions but it was just boring (taking care of girlfriends, and eating?) GTA is turning into a RPG...
I know one thing that could improve the game, and it's a shame this haven't been officially in GTA yet, and if GTA IV doesn't have it, I'll be VERY disappointed. Online multiplayer. GTA is simply perfect for online play.

Also, a bigger state with variations, GTA SA had mountains, desert, poor city parts, rich city parts and industrial areas, but there should have been more action out in the middle of nowhere... I had a lot of fun just driving around, but more minigames out there would have been nice. I don't see how the bigger map worsened the experience, for me, it was the opposite...

There's also one thing I've been waiting for in games, and especially GTA. You have radios, which are great, and you can add your own music in the game. It rocks. But a possibility to stream web radio (asx or pls) in the game would be nice. Also an option to add more than one MP3 radio, so you can also control what you want to listen to a bit more.

The eating part was kinda annoying, but getting the GFs to 100% was a nice challenge. I had a mission to get all of them at 100% at the same time, and yeah, it took some time, and I even got dumped by one of them (I think her name was Helena), but I eventually made it. And even tho I don't generally hate cut scenes in GTA (unlike in NFS), those yu can't cancel get annoying after a while. No big deal, but when I try a mission for the 15th time, and I get the same cut scene in the middle of it every time, it gets a bit frustrating...

I'm not gonna get too hyped up yet tho, not because I think GTA IV will be a bad game, and not up to my expectations, but simply because I will only play it on PC, and have to force myself to wait another year... :P
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Yeah..same here, i think SA was a huge improvement from VC, in the way that there was more variations in everything. More options to chose, better gpx...and the storyline was a big improvement, cuz i felt it focused on the more modern type of criminalism, rather that classic stuff.
Also the terrain in SA are so much more interesting..and feel alot more life like. For example..at the desert area, u really feel lonely and get the actual sense that ur in a desert.

One of the stupid things were the cops...i somehow think that their ability to spawn anywhere suddenly was unreal...and the car physics were just terrible, not to mention the damage. :?

But i do think they can pull off a better GTA game by not just improving the graphics and the physics engines etc,...but by improving the interactivity of the player with different ppl on the streets, even when not doing missions & better cop responsivity :D
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

GTA:SA had online multiplayer, unless your talking about ingame without a program download
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:unless your talking about ingame without a program download
Yes.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

You guys should try SA:MP (san andreas multi player)
omg....it's awesome!!!
I play every day on it and it's a total mess!!! wow!!! just what I wanted!!!

OFF-THREAD: Also playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries with the MekTek pack 3.02b 8)

Xturbo.8)
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

YaelDjiel wrote:
lol yeh I remember the half year wait for san andreas, it was worth it tho :)

I also thing gta is getting bigger and better, as long as there is sat nav or gps or something, much larger maps the size of a state could be heralded.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:GTA:SA had online multiplayer, unless your talking about ingame without a program download
I don't know about SA:MP, never got around to try it, but the multiplayer downloads for GTA3 and VC never really got out of beta stage, and I wanted more of a full game online, not just shooting games with lots of bugs... It just wasn't wide enough for me...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

10 days to go for the first trailer release. 8)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Morty wrote:
S2000_Skyline12 wrote:GTA:SA had online multiplayer, unless your talking about ingame without a program download
I don't know about SA:MP, never got around to try it, but the multiplayer downloads for GTA3 and VC never really got out of beta stage, and I wanted more of a full game online, not just shooting games with lots of bugs... It just wasn't wide enough for me...

SA:MP was pretty good, had races, deathmatches and team deathmatches and you could pick any of the spawns (people) in the game 8)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

in anyone plays SA:MP im always in PARTYSERVER server :wink: as Serj_Tankian or Xturbo

Return to “The Games”