Need For Speed 11 Wishlist

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
MadMax2506
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MadMax2506 »

Porsche-AG wrote:We don't want cars that look nice? I object to that statement; I believe that cars that look nice (Eg. Exotics) give us all the more reason NOT to tune them, which makes the focus of the game point more towards racing instead of tuning.
Yea sorry typpo, I didn't mean to say that we don't want nice cars in the next NFS, just more other cars.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i enjoy TheStigs view i wish they had put more cars as in NFS3 and 4 more indepth tunning like NFS underground, the 3 way pick for cars are a nice way to start the game but it becomes stupid near the end when a low class tuner can out do a professional race car
there is a lack of a nice highway in every city they made, they are still small, cops became weak (enjoyed most wanted cops)
they should also put a nice Company racing thing if u become just a buyer for one type as in NFSP

Maybe they shouldn't drop a game every year maybe they should put some real thought and time into it before just drooping them like flies
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

A "low class" tuner should only ever be able to outdo a professional race car if a)the race car is "stock", b)the tuner is completly modified with all the best possible parts, and/or c)the driver of the race car is a total moron.

There are those three theoretical "tiers" in NFS carbon, but they could do with an overhaul...perhaps the whole system needs an overhaul?

~Ra'akone
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Ra'akone wrote:perhaps the whole system needs an overhaul?
Yeah. And EA needs to stop churning out a game every year and spend time fine tuning just one game.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Yeah, EA already does that though, just not with the NFS series. Take a look at the Simcity franchise (another franchise I enjoy playing). They drop a game about once every 4 years, and the jump from 3000 to 4 was amazing, which much more than just amazing graphical changes. If EA did that with NFS, it would truly be a success.
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

I guess the problem is.....EA "inherited" the SimCity franchise when they swallowed up Maxis. But they followed the Maxis ideology. Ditto for when they got the Command and Conquer games (and everything similar) by absorbing Westwood. But...since they had the Need for Speed franchise from almost the immediate beginning, they're applying the "EA philosophy" that's usually applied to their sports games (although one can argue that some of the earlier NFS games were a kind of "motorsport", albeit one that was illegal) If the NFS was originally owned and released a couple of games by a different company, things would have been radically different.
~Ra'akone
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Hmm, good point. I guess the companys that EA has swallowed up still have their own management, because I don't think that EA would leave the Maxis ideologies if they had the management.
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

With games that have been "established" before they take over, they try to "pretend things haven't changed"...look at their Command and Conquer games....they decided to completly dismantle Westwood, and many company members left en masse because they were told to move. A new company called "Petroglyph" exists because of this. But the C and C games don't come out "one a year." I wonder if Maxis is still "within EA." It's just that the company that became EA Canada, it was swallowed up before NFS 1 came out, so they decided "let's treat this like our sports games." That was a really good move. NOT!

And a little plug...I'll have my "part 6" soon.
~Ra'akone
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

thats true as there sports game is not much of a jump between each one, ex. Madden i buy it like once every 2 to 3 years cause every year they drop it and there no big changes, and they are just putting NFS as sport which is bad. One year they are going good and u see that they might just make it better then they drop there next one a year later and its like what the hell they fixed the graphics but the screwed everything else up. They really must just sit there and think for a bit and actually right a story that fits and logitchly work on the cars better add more of them and stop pushing the game out for the god dam money CAUSE IM TIRED OF BUYING shiznit GAMES and seeing MY FAVORITE series go DOWN THE DRAIN ><
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Le Ra'akone Presents.....
Need For Speed: Overdrive.....Part Six
Some odds and ends....
The Crunch: This is an alternate "career" mode, not like the full story mode, although you'd chose one of the same 6 racers. Here's the catch, your auto remains the same, but....you eventually get better parts. You just have to go through a series of intense races...starts at a higher difficulty level than the first "story" races. Also has a wide variety. Circuits, sprints, drags, drifts, ciloks, canyons, Race wars, and Grand Races. Also, the races here tend to be longer. It will use a different "currency" system than in Story mode. This mode doesn't have much of a story, but for those who want to get down to racing....oh, and the races here are generally all longer....you can chose this. It's more intense and dedicated than the Challenge Series, that's for sure. There may be ways to open up "secrets" in Crunch Mode, but it's not as secret-heavy as Story Mode.

Brag Flags: For each Story Mode and Crunch Mode "career" you finish (there's six each, one for each racer), you get these, that show on your profile in MMO mode, for "bragging rights." Other Brag Flags are generally found in MMO.

Cilok: It's a kind of Malay street racing that involves weaving through traffic. In this case, some races may intentionally take place amid "heavy but fluid" traffic. In story mode such races will take place at the right time. Generally, here, Ciloks have rolling starts (like Canyon Duels). There's Cilok races (sprint or circuit with extra traffic plus rolling start), and Cilok Drift (how good are you at weaving? Oh yes, slow down too much and it's ALL OVER). And then there's even some Ciloks that involve ONCOMING TRAFFIC! And then there's the Cilok Checkpoint, which would be hardest if you're FORCED into oncoming traffic.

Backroad races: Kind of a nod to earlier NFSses. Takes place in more rural areas. More opportunities to go offroad, but it halps if your car has the right wheels and suspension. You have to deal with narrower roads and some that are not paved. And mud trails, and in some places, lakes that you don't want to plunge into. NOTE: A race could theoretically be combined backroad and canyon...for your pleasure!

Special Parts: These are the best custom parts you could get for your ride. HOWEVER, they are not available at stores...at least not the places that are easy to drive to. Some, you'll have to race for. Others, you'll just have to find them somewhere. Ask around!

Aerial Surveilance: Found on some backroads and highways in story mode.....it's a bird, it's a plane...yup, it's a plane. During the daylight, speeding or being too "well known" when one is looking can get you in trouble. At night, watch for a searchlight. they'll see your headlights and tail lights, but they need a searchlight to figure out the make, model, color, and everything else to tell ground forces. When you're "caught" by a plane, you're in "Yellow Alert", and remain until you lose the plane. In Yellow Alert, the cops start hunting.....If any summoned cruisers see you, it's RED ALERT time!

Unmarked cop cars: They won't appear on your GPS until they've been "enraged." But there may be ways to figure out what the unmarked cars are. Varies by region.

~Ra'akone
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

wow..that is most likely the best thing i heard in a long time
i want this game hahaha ur gona make me sad cause EA is not gona live up to this all in one game :cry:
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

You're not the first. Did you read parts 1 to 5 yet? They're scattered from page 11 onwards in this thread. With features like six different racers to chose in the story mode (including the "Racer With No Name" from Carbon and MW), where who you chose determines the starting car, and certain other factors (maybe one of them is a bit of a mechanic, so prices are lower as he installs them, and he's able to improvize "NOS" at the beginning, and then there's Sarah Brightman, who begins with the Heat at level 2), many cities, towns, and villages, and roads connecting them, and secrets, lonewolves, rival crews, and police forces....I hope you're game.

All we can hope for, if we're lucky enough...1)no bugs, 2)stop this "split personality"....treating it like it's one of the "sports" games in terms of release cycles, yet trying to sell it as much more....and...3)more and new cars, of course.

~Ra'akone
The "onramp" I boarded NFS at was Carbon!!!
Type S
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Type S »

i would like it to bejust like test drive unlimited. Enormous egzotic terrain, only egzotic cars... but truly egzotic... ferrari, buggati and all those that were ¨only 5 pieces¨ made. and yeh... no customization... leave that for nfs underground 3.

and next gen graphic? no thank you.. i still bealieve there is no better gfx than underground 1... with high AA and AF. reflecting this and that, its real eye candy, and motion blur was WOW! Andyeh.. it would be nice it i could actualy play new nfs on my current pc.
User deactivated: user deactivated by request
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

yah well they still think of NFS as a Arcade game and trying to threw the simulator in there but there not mixing it right. I played the PS3 GT 4 HD demo and that game is omg all over it stunning graphic great car performance real time everything race areas are worth driving as many times as u play it. What im getting to is the split there trying to mix is not working well i remember talking about this awhile ago when Underground 2 was out that they should just drop it to simulator and just put all effort into real time everything
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Aftermarket body kits. The NFS C and MW body kits are shiznit.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

drftkng wrote:Aftermarket body kits. The NFS C and MW body kits are shiznit.
they was ok but they threw away the whole kit adding out the window and only left us with 4 aftermarket body kits and not those 20+ bumpers and side skirts that i like mixing up
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really Enjoy Playing TDU at the moment, and have to say I don't really mind that there is no visual tuning to the cars,

Ok It would have been nice if there was a option to change the rims to aftermarket ones and add perhaps a spoiler or maybe a small bodykit on a car (if the carcompany wants it)
But I am pretty tired of the the whole vinyl stuff and overdone bodykits and general boyracer stuff NFS is filled with these days.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Seems that TDU changed our views to NFS roots...no vynils or stuff, just cool races, lots of cars, and more stuff!!....I feel that way also stiggy....
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

I dont know about changed veiws. But its given all the fans of the orginal NFS concept a damn good example of how we want our games.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

the only real compation that ea thinks it has might just be Gran Trismo line of games which really stinks cause they only make them for playstation if the made it for every line i would most likely be a more GT fan cause i use my computer alot and not my ps2 that much
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Gran Tourismo isn't a compeditor for the NFS series, it is a completely diffirent game, GT is full sim NFS is full Arcade. only thing similar is that they both have existing cars in it.... and that's it.

NFS closest rivals are other Streetracing games, where tuning is a major part of the game.

TDU is also a rival for the NFS franchise simply because it a direct compeditor for for the old classic NFS games where you're racing fast rare and exotic cars on exotic locations.
So TDU took alot of the classic NFS fans that didn't care about tuning etc.

IMO EA should learn from this all and get back on the original track, instead of the road they are following now.

MW was a step in the right direction. but sadly Carbon was a step backwards again... felt to much like U2 and I didn't like U2 that much.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Amen.

In simple -------------------------->DON'T MAKE IT SUCK EA!<------------------------
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i can see what u mean , i do hope the think a bit for this new NFS
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Well, the original company that started NFS1 (before EA got it) worked and certain Test Drive games, and NFS1 was arguably "A Test Drive in everything but name." It just went off in a different direction....or directions, as the case may be. I think the one thing that is a problem is...a)trying to please everyone, b)trying to keep all the new fans that were aquired in the newer incarnations, while still...c)keeping old fans onboard. In short, they are trying to do the impossible. But...whatever NFS rolls out, hopefully it will be cool. Just....my definition of Cool is probably different from some of you. My onramp is NFS: Carbon. That influenced my thinking, in terms of what I want, just look at my "NFS: Overdrive" ideas. Other people came from other directions.

But whatever happens, we need....a)more cars, b)AI racers that are challenging but not unfair, c)no bugs!

~Ra'akone
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GoSsArD »

I seem to remember Electronic Arts being mentioned during the opening of The Need For Speed. With guy guy with the big hat who's eyes flair up... cant remember that company.. pioneer something?

Return to “ProStreet”