ATTENTION: ALL USERS READ

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

ATTENTION: ALL USERS READ

Post by Sp3aK »

Alright, I'm about sick of having to moderate these forums like you guys have never heard of a message board before. USE SOME COMMON SENSE. First off you all need to go and read the rules for posting. Secondly you need to use some common sense.

EXAMPLE: If you attach a screenshot to a message, and post it, then you immediately have one or two more screenshots that you find you want to post, EDIT YOUR PREVIOUSLY POSTED MESSAGE. There are FAR too many double posts and I'm about sick of it. Having to type up warnings and all is becoming a pain.

EXAMPLE: If you post a message and someone replies to that saying something that you think is funny, absolutely do not reply with, "lol" or a smiley. Put something useful into your post. Do you realize how much space we could fill up on the servers with useless posts? There's more useful things to have then hundreds of one word posts. -- This goes for the comments section too, yes we do moderate that as well.

EXAMPLE: Don't scroll two or three pages back in the forums and start replying to topics that are over two weeks old. Stick to what's on the first page. Unless the post count goes up and we start having tons of replies a day, there's no need to post about stuff on any of the other pages.

EXAMPLE: Use the search function. There are far too many posts about TJ parts, and how to get the game working and junk like that. For topics of this nature, DO scroll a couple pages back or use the search option to see if there are other posts about it.

ALSO: If you happen to be upvoting or downvoting in the showroom, WE KNOW. I'm not even going to warn upvoters unless they repeatedly upvote or are using two different names to upvote the same cars. I will simply delete the votes and carry on about my business. If you want to be a smartass and signup for a new name, go ahead, we'll ban you IP.

That said just realize that the fact that we as moderators are having to edit SO many posts is a bit ridiculous. I'd say that banning is going to be the new trend rather than posting colorful, kind little warnings. SO BE SMART ABOUT HOW YOU POST. Your welcome to reply if you like, but there really isn't much to reply to. If everyone decides to be all smartass'y about my message and start making sarcastic, long posts, you'll be hearing from myself or one of the other staff members. Just follow the rules poeple, it's not that hard.
Last edited by Sp3aK on 29 May 2004, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Im agree with all these. I think people must be able to delete their OWN posts or threads, because sometimes I want and I can't. I remember people (you maybe forgotten) that Private Message exist... use that option to say non-important or private things.

I will follow your suggestions (for example using search-option) but I will continue posting and saying "lol"

LOL

Why? Because I feel free to post what I want. I dont disturb anyone, and I say things that people like to read.

Thanks
ObeyurThirst
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ObeyurThirst »

I agree also, I myself come guilty of not editing posts so sry for the inconvinece and I'll fix all that crap.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

A note on the "lol" thing. I didn't say that you couldn't ever say that, I said that you can't just post a one word reply to a message simply saying, "lol" or something similar to that.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I dont think its good to give to people ability to delete their posts....
For example i write some warez site and then delete it and complain about getting banned.
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

I'd like to point out Example #2. I could not have said it better. Too many people think it's a chatroom.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

The thing is, does it really matter? People come here from around the world to enjoy the freedom of this site, its going to get more than a little stupid if people receive warnings for saying 'lol'. Plus, how far do you extend this rule? Do people get warned for saying 'lol thats funny?' If I were you (which i understand im not), id leave things the way they are, its already a thriving website, why bother introducing things like this? ;)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Thing is grez it's not anything new, it's just things that aren't being enforced. bobyx has seen my post and has no problems with it, and I even told him about this before I made the post. I'm not going to give warnings for as many things now, just delete the thread. Your right it is thriving, but some of it is thriving with stupidity. Everyone just needs to be re-aquainted with the rules thats all.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

problem is theres rules, then theres pointless rules. Im all for deleting completely useless threads, and all the other stuff you put. I just think its a bit tight not being able to put 'lol' as a post. many of the threads I do are supposed to be humerous. If people dont respond with lols etc then its dead straight away. the double posts with images one is a bit crap too, as you can only upload 3 images at a time. By all means run it how you see fit, youre the moderator not me, im just suggesting :)
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

It's fine if you just say "lol" once in a while, but there are people who post that 20 times a day. Those are the people that get warned/banned.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

@Grez-about the screenshots thing: No what I'm refering to is posting 1 screenshot in a post, then right after that posting another one, then right after that posting two more. That's more-less refering to editing your posts instead of making a new one. Need to read what I said again :)

EXAMPLE of what is unacceptable:

POST1- /picture attached\

POST2- /2pictures attached\

They should have just edited their post :) But if you were the last person to post in a thread and your going to post again, make sure that your last post has full up on screenshots.

EXAMPLE of what is acceptable:

POST- /picture\

Another Person Posts

POST - /picture\ /picture\ /picture\

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

The lol thing is only acceptable if there's some followup to it .. like a line of comments on why you think it's funny or not ... else, just posting a single lol is a useless waste of server space, I know this from own experience since I'm becoming a programmer, and there's nothing more irritating when trying to manage some space, that it gets filled up with nonsense. I fully understand those guys are getting frustrated .. hell, who wouldn't? ;)
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Grez, what I think Speak means is:

• User1: Look at this: (picture) or read this.

User2: :lol:

User3: haha

User4: LOL

User5: LMAO
and so on... That's what I meant, anyways.

Besides, we have a great IRC channel, where you can "lol" and "haha" all you want :P :wink:
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

If you didn't want others to reply, lock it Sp3ak ;)
But I agree 100% with you. Us who've been here some time, found that recently it has become bad. Worst thing is when you tell someone nicely - use search button, topic has been posted - you get a flat out: 'we have moderators here, they can lock it if they don't like it'. How do you even repsond to that? T-shine example isn't funny, it's actually VERY spot on, because that's exactly what happens. Same thing when former downvoters start discussion on how downoting sucks, because if yuo've downvoted, chances are ppl you downvoted agaisnt, know it for sure.

Thanks to Sp3ak for actually putting it down like it is, it really has become like chat. And as said by staff above, we have a very good IRC channel, LOL there all the way.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well i think we should leave it open so people can tell us their thoughts about it.

And Dani350z what do you mean post what you want? Maybe you go post some warez sites or pr0n?
Sorry if i didnt got it right.....
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I agree with the rulles. But if people whant to post a smilley or lol. Then explain why it's so funny so the post has some meaning
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

seems like everyone is not getting the point here...

post LOLz and other TLAs but if it's in content. Like you made a post, you are happy about something, whatever, you put :) in the end. SO ok. Or you are hinting at something and giving advice, and post ;). That's fine too.

See what T-SHINE posted above - that's EXACTLY what should NOT be done.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I mean I want to be free to post normal things, without thinking somebody would punish me for ridiculous things.

Sometimes people post stupid things, I know, such as saying a simple LOL or even writing in another language. Im not English and try to write in English. Im a "lol-man", I know, but I always say it at the end of an util message. But im not the only one... I used search option to prove it: I searched the word "lol" ... 2552 results. Then, I searched a very common word at this site: "cars".... 2503 results. (! ! !)

I agree with T-shine, some people thinks this is a chatroom, and usually create threads saying "hello guys" or something like that. It is done frequently by new users. Probably the admin/moderators should say "hello" to new users and invite them to read the rules.

NOTE: I think LOL thing is already clear.
LOL :D
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

I got my warrning and i will follow the rules,no more spam or same topics....
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

i agree with you bro...
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

nfsdriver wrote:i agree with you bro...
Yet I find alot of "LOL" posts from you.

Dani, I thought about your suggestion and ended up by creating a Hello-thread in the Offtopic section.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

See hair models are good for something :)

<3 @ tshine
drive2droad
Ricer
Ricer

Post by drive2droad »

well some moderators options given 2 the author of the topic is definitely not a bad idea ! i have been a member at djluv forum's for more than a year & they have thse optons figured out so neither there is useless crap & no spamming !
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

no problem man i also agree but in the point of search i think that ur search is hard to use so update it or change it.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

Return to “Underground”