PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Which one ?

PC
49%
Xbox 360
15%
Playstation 3
27%
Nintendo Wii
7%
Atari 2600
2%

Total votes: 112

Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I have a friend who owns a PS3, so whenever I want some good graphics I can just go on over to his house and play it. Better than wasting $700+ on a gaming system.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Don't you think Xbox 360 has better graphics?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

No, the graphics on the Xbox 360 are the same 1080p/i graphics the PS3 uses. However, the PS3 has HD compatibility but the new Xbox 360 Elite has the same HD compatibility, except on DVD discs instead of Blu-Ray.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Doesn't the PS3 have more graphics power though?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

What do you mean? If you mean graphical processing power then yes, the PS3 has 650 MHz while the Xbox 360 Elite only has 500 MHz.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Overall power.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

The PS3 has more graphics power, they just havent put it to full use yet, I guess that will decide which is better in the long run.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

That still doesn't take into account the price of the system and the availibility of games. Xbox obviously has an advantage in that terroritory for now, but with the release of the not-so-affordable Elite and PS3's growing number of games, I think it is safe to say that the PS3 will, in the long run, become a much better option that the 360. The two thing that both systems can't beat against the Wii in are price and innovation. And when a fun, interactive game system costs a fraction the amount of the others while providing many useful things (like Weather, News, Internet browsing, and downloadable Virtual Console classic games) with the only major exception being graphical power, it is becoming a more common purchase for many.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Yeah but I think the only fun thing for Wii is Wii Boxing.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well, that's probably because that's the only thing you've experienced on the Wii. The other sports, especially Tennis, are extremely addictive as well as "WarioWare" which has gotten amazing reviews because of the hundreds of minigames that involve the Wii's innovation greatly. And also, depending on what you like, games like Call of Duty 3 can might also be your cup of tea as the simulation the Wii remote gives as a gun is a very nice change to moving joysticks for aiming.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I'm happy with my Wii, but to honest you shouldn't buy one now. There aren't many good games out yet, but there will be later in the year.

So if you're considering a Wii, wait. Even if you want one now you probably can't find it anyway :P Nintendo has sold 6.5 million so far and most places are still out of stock; production will be increased soon I hear.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I still say that with enough money, a computer will beat any console hands down. Cause I don't think a console could beat a computer with 4 quadcore processors and 4 graphics cards running together.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Beat it at what?

It certainly doesn't win on value :|
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The PC sure beats any console at running word processors! And don't you forget that!
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

YAY! Go word Proccessors!!! I hate my English class and my English teacher.

PS3 rocks... I know where all my summer money is going. We have 3 downtown at walmart, in a couple of months, if all goes well, there will only be two. But with my odds, I won't be the one getting it! :cry:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think that it is stupid that the us will not have a ps3 pricedrop until 2009, so why not just get it early? i cant wait for burnout 5, nfs 11, and gt5 to come out for it.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Meh, i'd rather go with the 360. Since i'm a FPS kinda guy, I would go with the 360 since it has the best FPS's out..
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I mainly like PC because there isn't a specific game genre mainly targeted in it. Plus my PS2 is outdated... :lol:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Bojan: And the PC also owns everything at spreadsheets and easy navigation (mouse & keyboard).

@ Carcrazy: Wow, you have 3 PS3's in a Wal-Mart on sale?? That's incredibly rare, people lined up 2 days in advance at places like Superstore (A grocery store that had a couple PS3's shipped in) just to get their hands on something like that. What country do you live in?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

USA! USA! We actually have 3 in our walmart. I can take a pic sometime and show you.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

That's extremely odd, because I'm pretty sure it's still possible to make a profit from buying it and selling it on eBay.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Yup, a friend of mine bought 2 of the origional ones and sold them as soon as all of the country was basicly sold out... don't know how much he got for them.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

My friend tried doing that with 1 of the 2 that he purchased, and bidding got up to $1000 USD, but unfortunately the winner was a scammer, and he decided just to return it to the store after about 5 months.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You know he could have sewed him for that much... bidding on an item is signing a contract, and not paying is violating that contract. He could have gotten $1000 and been able to keep both.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well, under eBay policies they use past user history to see who is a scammer, and they can't stop the scammers from bidding, just stop them from recieving the item, and since it was the highest bid, what could my friend do?

Return to “The Games”