Dammage in NFSU 2 ?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
kao98
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Dammage in NFSU 2 ?

Post by kao98 »

I've heard rumor said that they will be better dammages in NFSU-2. Are this rumor right or wrong ? Me, I think that's right, and that's will be a good thing ! Give your opinion here !

If subject has been evocked, sorry for this ! But they're a lot of topic here, and to find something is hardworking !

And, sorry for my english ! I'm french !

Kao ..98
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

I hope that ea split that up in 2 parts one realistic and one arcade.
realistic is with real damage and arcade the damagemode from NFSU1
o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by o0Yo FLipsidER JQ0o »

I wouldnt like damage. I dont like seeing my beautifgul cars go to wreak :(. Neywayz, should have some option for damgae on or off. makes it fair at least.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Welcome to the forums kao98!

And it would be nice if before posting a new topic you look up and see:
NFSU 2 Discussion thread
kao98
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kao98 »

Oops ! Sorry ! :oops:
Then, move it if you can !

And, about my question, me I hope like Dragon of Rune ! But, for realistic dammage, one shock and your car is destroy :lol:
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

from what I have read in the last article available on Nfsu2, there are some hints in his words that seems as if the cars will have damage! I'don't know, as Flipsider said, I wouldn't like my car to be wrecked so an on/off option would be good!
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

kao98 its ok :)

And well about damage.....i dont think they will make a good realistic damage, since after car hit wall at 300+ km\h it looks like pancake...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Dragon-of-Rune wrote:I hope that ea split that up in 2 parts one realistic and one arcade.
realistic is with real damage and arcade the damagemode from NFSU1
If you're good, you don't wreck your car ;)
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

I like the option of decide damage on/off, or the divided similation/arcade (like there was in Gran Turismo). But I also think that it's quite impossible to have a realistic damage...a great crash means great damage, but it means that probably you wouldn't be able to continue the race (and restart having a car magically repaired is not very realistic :lol: ) --->so, with realistic damage there would be nice to have a garage to repair or something like that (like in gta)...too difficult! (but perhaps I'm asking too much) :wink:
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

i hope there will be damage
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

i too like the damage mode on/off idea, but i dont think that they will have the damage so bad that your car will get totaled on the first wall you hit. i personally think it will be, well, slight damage, ya know. i just hope that after a race, and your car is all wrecked n stuff, that you dont have to go a rebuild your car and buy new parts which, lets hope, wont be the case. :)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

but it would be realistic, a good simulation! Me I am tired of arcade, i want a simulation game. If you crash a wall, your car would be semi-brocken. 2 or 3 crahes... baum! It shoud depend of intensity of crash, logically. Then, we would have a reallistic game and we will try not to crash with any wall or other cars. In nfsu1, it doesnt mind to crash, sometimes it is even good...

After each race, you should go to garage and repair, paying a few $ or €. In other hand, these money could be won by stakes, betting money before the race. And I dont want "credits", I want € (europe) and $ (north-america)
ZeroB@NG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZeroB@NG »

don't know but in an older NFS Part (4?) the damage was shut off by lowering the GFX details from the car?
kao98
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kao98 »

Dani350z wrote:but it would be realistic, a good simulation! Me I am tired of arcade, i want a simulation game. If you crash a wall, your car would be semi-brocken. 2 or 3 crahes... baum! It shoud depend of intensity of crash, logically. Then, we would have a reallistic game and we will try not to crash with any wall or other cars. In nfsu1, it doesnt mind to crash, sometimes it is even good...

After each race, you should go to garage and repair, paying a few $ or €. In other hand, these money could be won by stakes, betting money before the race. And I dont want "credits", I want € (europe) and $ (north-america)
Need for Speed have never been simulation games, but arcade game. Same whith dammages, it was sometimes good, but never realistic. And I would'nt it was different this time :wink:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Well, I would like damage; but only if it's on the visual side of the car. You know, no effect on the performance.
kao98
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kao98 »

Or the same of NFS-HS (N° 4) ! you can choose "no dammage" - "visual dammage only" or "visual and performance dammage".
;-)
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

I want body kits-a-flyin' and little cracked altezza lights all over the track, dammit! Give their 5-foot wing a little trimming and make them pay for their 2" ground clearance.
OlovesD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OlovesD »

i also think damage on/off is fair... and i agree that parts flying off your car in damage mode would me more realistic and fair... and since players will have the option to finish the game racing only 1 type of event, damage should influence their performance choices: a car built to race circuit, sprint or any other event that has frequent high jumps shouldn't be so attached to the ground as they are in NFSU 1 - its bumpers and skirts should be braking very often... it would give circuit cars a not-so-extreme performance when compared to drag cars, but it isn't so in real life??? :wink:
DominicRX7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DominicRX7 »

I hope theirs damage, I think it'd be cool to watch a replay of your car flying into a billion pieces, but thats just me.
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

As Abrams wrote a bit earlier, please continue the discussion in the NFSU 2 Discussion thread, thank you.

Return to “Underground 2”