A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

First of all, this is just a teaser, information (possibly site) and stuff will be released on May 31st.

Secondly, why is everybody doubting that those aren't engine rendered graphics? Does it surprise you that the next Need For Speed game will feature more advanced graphics? Did we ever question and doubt the graphical improvement from Underground 2 to Most Wanted?

If the Battlefield series can put out quality we've seen from Battlefield: Bad Company, then I am completely confident that the same can be done with the latest NFS title in the series. (Yes I know Battlefield has a different team than NFS, but it's the general idea when it comes to EA)
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

That was much ado about nothing; even for a "teaser" it didn't tease nearly enough.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Well that crash left some things to ponder over. It shows EA might have some damage in this game.
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

weedman173 wrote:Well that crash left some things to ponder over. It shows EA might have some damage in this game.
I don't think there's anything to ponder about, EA is alot smarter than that. If they're going to release a teaser, it would most likely be focused on something that is new and important, the "core" new feature if you will. Now why would they tease us with a clip with a crashing RX7 if there were no crashing at all in the final game? Just like the very first Most Wanted trailer, they showed the Speedbreaker and roadblocks/cops in action.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

To be honest I am not to hyped about it, yeah it's a teaser and yes it looks pretty nice, but It's made by people who are great at teasing people with all kinds of info while infact the end result is very diffirent.

Look at the Carbon trailer and how much speculations there where about it, about what cars and what parts (neons etc)
I'll might get exited when I know what kind of game it will be and if it really has damage, cause Carbon also made us believe that there might be damage (falling of a cliff etc)

So I'll just wait untill I see some real ingame stuff and know what the game is about.

If it's a daylight racing game (not a pure drifting game) with abit of MW style (world) I may be more exited.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

xturbo wrote:OMG..
I'm not going to say nothing..because EA loves failing at the last minute...
Only thing I can say is: copying AGAIN juiced 2??

Xturbo :?
I wouldn't be judging so fast.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Alot of you sound like total fanboys when you're talking about this teaser. Must you all be so typical and think only about it from the surface?

Graphics are not realtime, they are probably CG and only for the teaser's video purpose. My next rant, why do you all care about graphics so much, that it makes or breaks your decision in purchasing a particular game? Just because of the different rims, does NOT mean it is a drift game. Look at what they say in the video; "BRAKE CHECKING" (or whatever, I forget). You don't slam on the brakes while drifting, so that means that there was some sort of GRIP racing on a track and someone from behind hit the rear. The damage? Talk about trying to be JDM TYTE too much? EA has jumped the bar so much times to fit in and exploit fanboys to the point where it's just too much. The zipties and the drift beatings are used excessively, and just break how the style is for budget drifters. If you broke a bumper while racing, you're not going to immediately zip tie it back on, you're taking it off. The attempts EA has done just to exploit the gamers have gone on too far, and the past 4 games just really took it to the limits with all the JDM-wannabe stuff. Different rims do not mean rice, you do know rims have to be in a different size for racing. Rear wheels tend to be in a wider stance because they provide a better grip and because the FD is an FR, the front rims can be useless, but the rear wheels are where quality and strength matters. If you're thinking the damage is going to be realistic, dream on. If there really was damage to this car to a repairable extent, MORE than the body is going to be damaged. Cosmetic damage is the LEAST of a racer's worries, when it comes to things such as the suspension, transmission and engine repair BECAUSE of a crash. Also, remember the front bumper? How the firetruck would the bumper get ripped to pieces (while using a stupid amount of zipties) without getting a single dent or liquification (lack of a better word) to the aero kit? All it is, is someone basically bit at it, and had to stitch it up with a retarded amount of cable ties. In real life, using that method would be extremely dumb, because the bumper does not need to be supported by every single edge of the damage. It's not surgery with flesh and scapels people, it's plastic and metal. And then there's people complaining about the decals. Hey, the past few games, all there was, were stupid looking vinyls that looked ricey no matter what. Underground 1, had random shapes molded in. Underground 2, random shapes, but then people with no lives morph them in, into some "shape" that looks even equally stupid. Most Wanted, more random shapes, and that's it. Carbon, more random shapes, but they can be distorted as you wish, to a ricer's content. At least now, there's sponsor decals to show that a car's decals do not have to be some sort of flashy material to pick up chicks (online in the showroom). People, adding sponsor decals and a roof scoop to a front engined car does not make it a racer car, (especially towards the idiots in the showroom who think they have a good knowledge of cars, when all they are doing is following stupid trends in a game).

It's a teaser. You have approximately 6 months to wait for this game, and anything can be changed. Be skeptical about teasers, because almost every one of you just looked it at the surface, and made assumptions.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

First of all, lets get this out of the way...last time I checked the handbrake was a type of brake and in addition, it is used quite often in the sport of drifting. In fact, the whole sport is based around BRAKING...handBRAKING...

Second of all, you're contradicting yourself (there's a word for that...a hypocrite). First, you criticize the rest of the forum for judging the teaser (and its components), then you, yourself start whining about the previous NFS games' weaknesses...

Third of all, hear hear for realistic graphics and crossing fingers for realistic damage so then I can rice up a Civic using EA's amazing in-game options (shouldn't be too hard to do at all) and then smash it into tiny pieces...

----------

Meh, the day I see a teaser with an exotic on a nice tropical track, I will get excited...
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Hello everyone! Good to be back after a long while of no NFS... and to see this... wow, all I can say, is that this is a new experiment, going towards Forza and Juiced as it seems in the video... I hope it'll be good, unlike Carbon.
2furio wrote:Meh, the day I see a teaser with an exotic on a nice tropical track, I will get excited...
And like always, I have agreed with 2furio... again, I will! That is sooo right, hopefully, NFS developers will turn to the roots of the game again, and do so (Bring back European exotics on tropical tracks).

Off-topic: Ever since I was gone two months after NFS Carbon's release (and beating the game easily, like all of you), I turned to TDU for PC, and I got it... it's great--all I can say. Anyway, I played that for a while, until today, when I heard about this... I immediately came over to the forums to check it out. Hopefully, it'll be a good release.
Last edited by Saeidi on 22 May 2007, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
shadysparks
Stock
Stock

Post by shadysparks »

this clip looks crazy hopefully its not a big waste like carbon with the racing style i ws really mad that people use a corvette to win any type of race im more for most wanted hopefully its similar to most wanted but way better and not like jucied 2 with closed track racing because it gonna suck then the clip looks good damage =cool

cant wait till the 31st now
t3chth1rt33n
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by t3chth1rt33n »

Why would they write put a date down and not release the game then? Maybe they decided that they wouldn't release all the information until the game is released so that more people buy it? Also, notice the name: Need for Speed: 2007...no underground or most wanted, which means that they can go pretty much anywhere that they want with this.

i just think this game is gonna be a forza syndicate...look at the RELEASE date, its pretty dang close to forzas date...this also seems to be very technical (brake check, that kinda stuff) also hinting at a forza syndicate and the damage also like forza!

Also, when i saw the name i thought madden at the beginning of the game it goes 'madden nfl 2007' i could imagine 'need for speed 2007'
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Dude...dude...check back a few posts. May 31 is the date of the official announcement and press release. I am willing to take bets on that...honestly...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ok so it has pretty good graphics can the same be said about the game play ? they better, i sure hope they know that if this game fails to impress they could stand to loose alot of fans
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

Hmm....... yeah the teaser is pretty impressive from technical standpoint is it actual game probably not, I'm still really interested in if EA can turn this series around or not unlike most of you I think MW is where EA went wrong, (focusing too much on police chases) don't get me wrong it can be fun, but this does not make a great mutiplayer experience, its the racing and car selection that does. I think EA got the varietyin the Car Selection right with CARBON the tier system may have been flawed to some but wasn't totally broken(I prefer night also) It really feels there is Like 3 Factions in NFS fanbase right now carbon ppl,(minority)MWlovers(slighty biggerminority), and Diehard NFS lovers who love the old iterations of NFS the most(NFS1-4&MCO)... I feel it they would focus back on the racing entirely street, circuit,drag,and drift and a deeper performance tunning element(there is nothing left to do visually customization) can anyone say UD2? NFS will get back on track with new '07 suffix it symbolizes we might be in for serious annual racer this time around its migrating from lies building upon a series of sequels, into a full fleadged annual series at this point( like Madden, or Live)I mean this might come with some pitfalls at least there being honest with themselve&Us Hopefully getting a new game engine and direction now Its time for the series to growup screw the fake story(and no talent model actresses Emannuelle V excluded)
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

May 31st is probably the day the NFS11 official site goes up. But it could also be a press release as well.
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
chapree
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chapree »

2furio wrote:Meh, the day I see a teaser with an exotic on a nice tropical track, I will get excited...
Isn't that...TDU? :P
How big is the possibility for EA to actually release the game on May 31? Close to zero I bet. No publicity, one teaser...bah. So, it definately an official announcement/early details about the game. Nothing more nothing less.
sriramatrix
Stock
Stock

Post by sriramatrix »

The teaser was killer,and for some reason it does feel like it could be ingame[atleast the first part of the trailer...the crash is too realistic to be ingame :shock: ]

I'm guessing they'd putup a full length trailer on 31st [ah,Rockstar started the 'hype a trailer' deal :P]..and it might be ingame with bits of pre-rendered stuff [if you remember NFS Carbon Trailer had ingame AND prerendered stuff]

going by the boards,the game surely is taking place in Japan [or maybe it takes place in various countries ? now that would be cool;a variety in the environments will bring back memories]

Did anyone else notice that the buildings are instanced ? If I were making a completely pre-rendered trailer,I surely wouldnt use a mirrored pair of buildings....unless I want ppl to think that my pre-rendered trailer is ingame..haha..that would be sadistic.

heres the thing I'm referring to:

We usually have instanced geometry ingame[and Dx10 specially has stuff related to instancing]...

oh well,heres hoping that it is actually ingame footage,and that the gameplay is good ! cant wait till 31-05-07 :D
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Cool enginesounds
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

There must be something big on 31 if their doing a countdown...
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

IT IS 1337!

and it looks like it is going to be a online game which based on realistic damage
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

OMG GO THIS WEBSITE

http://www.needforspeed.com nw

i have a feeling they are going to really hv a addon for carbon
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

havent seen the teaser yet but the 2 rim combos look good, because, maybe you can leave stock wheels on the back of your rwd car for burnout action, a lot of people are seen cruising around like that, everywhere.
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

idk, its just a teaser trailer. Remember the other teaser trailers? Kind of reminds me of the Most Wanted teaser trailer. Anyways, i dont think everyone should get all excited. NFS Games just havent been the same, EA just tries to add and only focus on one new feature that they think the fans want and totally F#@$ it up.

.. juiced had damage, and that was how many years ago?
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

I dunno whether I should be happy or disappointed.

Happy because there's gonna be a new NFS (ooh loved the vibrating exhaust pipe).

Sad because EA could have just taken another year to (hopefully) make a really good NFS.
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
NarK0TiC
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NarK0TiC »

I think it's going to be a great one, if it's going to be like this ... But, first of all, this is a teaser ...
They are using realistic body kits (i think this one is Veilside)
You can actually see the muffler tip moving ...
And is going to nfs-u idea, old japanese cars tuned up ... not new ones, expensive and everything ... This is what tuning is all about: old cars tuned up so they can match the new ones ...

Return to “News”