ProStreet Q&A Session: questions sent

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

ProStreet Q&A Session: questions sent

Post by Bojan »

We got a large pile of emails with questions for the developers of Need for Speed Pro Street and after review, a total of 12 questions were sent to EA to get answered. The list is available on the <a href="http://www.nfsunlimited.net/article/pro ... a">article page</a> where the answers will be posted as soon as we receive them.

There were also plenty of questions on topics that were not allowed like car lists, customization, game modes,... We will have a Q&A session every month untill release and those topics will come up, so wait untill they do.

A number of questions were also about features that have already been revealed and so that we don't bug the developers with them, I'll answer them instead.

Q: Will the handling of the vehicles feel like NFS Underground, NFS Carbon, or like a simulation game (Forza, Gran Turismo)?
A: Handling is very different to previous NFS games and is definetly more like a simulation (GT or Forza). Driving without assists will be pretty challenging even to a pro in those two games.

Q: Already knowing that they can be repaired with ducttape and what not, how can we fully repair them back to their prestine performance/looks?
A: Yes, it will be possible to repair the car completely, but it will cost more money that using duct tape. It is also said that damage will be a factor, but totalling your car in a race will not cost too much.

Q: Can a car flip over?
A: Of course and I've actually seen it happen!

Q: Hey will NCAA football 08 let you equip your player with towels to hang on there belts? thank you
A: I think you missed the game, the questions are about Need for Speed Pro Street.

Q: Where are the Evos 3 5 7 8, MR, FQ400? And they should really use more japanese cars like the GT Starlet/Glanza, Sylvia sr20vet, GTS Sunny/Pulsar VVl, 20V Levin/Corolla Caldina GTT, Lada........
A: Unfortunatly car list questions are not available this session and I didn't know Lada is a japanese car.

Q: Would there be Car interiors in the game?
A: No, car interiors are not available.

The next Q&A session will be sent to EA on July 15th. Topics will be available at least one week sooner.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, one of my questions was chosen i see... i didn't use a name, i temporarilly used "nfsuser" in case full names were used.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Q: Hey will NCAA football 08 let you equip your player with towels to hang on there belts? thank you
A: I think you missed the game, the questions are about Need for Speed Pro Street.

Q: Where are the Evos 3 5 7 8, MR, FQ400? And they should really use more japanese cars like the GT Starlet/Glanza, Sylvia sr20vet, GTS Sunny/Pulsar VVl, 20V Levin/Corolla Caldina GTT, Lada........
A: Unfortunatly car list questions are not available this session and I didn't know Lada is a japanese car.
ROFLMAO!
the person(s) who sent those in need(s) a slapping XDDD
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

LOL Lada, who in the world would like a Lada (apart from the Russians)?
Anyways i really want to see the answers.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

9. Will your engine blow if you over rev it too much in a race? (Leo)

10. Does your car engine ever blow up or catch fire from too much over reving or if pressure is put on the engine? (Kaien)

it's the firetruck same question right?
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

YaelDjiel wrote:

ROFLMAO!
the person(s) who sent those in need(s) a slapping XDDD
o god. you dont know much i was laughing when i read those two questions and answers. lmfao
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

I lol'd at the NCAA question. T'was good, whoever did it.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

that was the set of most stupid questions ever! Where is lada? can i flip over? What about NCAA? You get the chance to get some more infos and you wonder about fliping over?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Umm, would you read Bojan's post? These aren't the questions that were sent to EA.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

and yes, if you read the first post (deedeedee), you would know that you can flip a car over.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: ProStreet Q&A Session: questions sent

Post by 93360 »

zomg i want to pimp up my lada like full top gear stylez fully sick ahahaha
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

93360 , is that your phone number?

By the way. I could have sent my questions but the DAMN timezone was different.
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

Been a while since i visited the site, I would of asked if the game will support Vista, and if so, will dx10 be implemented.
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

But, you would have been shot down because you can only ask questions related to Physics, Damage, and Smoke.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

blah2 wrote:93360 , is that your phone number?
fo shizzle dial 13-379-336-069 im on the line 24/7/365 dawg y0! i be giving tips on how to hot up your lada fo real homie ahahahaha
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

BASGTA wrote:But, you would have been shot down because you can only ask questions related to Physics, Damage, and Smoke.
Maybe, but stuff like car interior and NCAA Football 2008 made it into the questions lol
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Bojan wrote: Q: Hey will NCAA football 08 let you equip your player with towels to hang on there belts? thank you
:shock: Wtf? how could that question just pass through Admin etc.. thats like the most dumbest question specially since its about towels... :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Bojan wrote:A number of questions were also about features that have already been revealed and so that we don't bug the developers with them, I'll answer them instead.
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

Seems like a lot of people don't read. Anyway, do you think we'll get the answers back today since it's a business day?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah the answers are up there.... :)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Who chose the questions?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I tried to select the most interesting and the least specific ones. Surprisingly it wasn't a hard choice since most of the submitted questions were invalid.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

What is NCAA football 08 doing there?
Weren't other questions selected before the answers update?
Last edited by peterfaj on 18 Jun 2007, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

He said " most INTERESTING and LEAST specific". Please read.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Please read the first paragraph of my news post.
The Q&A that follows in the news posts are just a few questions I answered personally, since they weren't eligible to send to developers (obviously we're not gonna ask NFS developers about NCAA - btw the subject of that email was NFSPS).

Return to “News”