[NFSU] How to import vinyls using bintex

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
CappaGT
Stock
Stock

question

Post by CappaGT »

Can you better explain why NFSU crashed after right as it was getting ready to display my changed vinyl? I changed the Turbonetics vinyl, but then when I got to Turbonetics in the game, it crashed before showing the vinyl. Why?
Skotch
Stock
Stock

Crash???

Post by Skotch »

When I try to import the textures in bintex, the prog crashes, (error occurred while decompress texture...) What should I do??? :( :?:
GLENNH
Stock
Stock

Post by GLENNH »

Whats The ID Thing For UNIQUE AUTO ZONE (RX7)
I Wanna Replace My Vinyls with The Auto Zone... Can Ya Help Me Out Please?
sparco
Stock
Stock

Post by sparco »

guys i got the " dds.8bi " and i have psp 7 ...where should i placed this file in psp folder there is no plugins one :roll:
HybridWarHawk
Stock
Stock

Post by HybridWarHawk »

OK im really new to this and i tried to d/l the fandf supra. i did what the guide said and when i go in game all i get is the graphic up the side near the window, is that everything or is it supposed to load the color too? if you can help me out please do as i'd like to get this to work, either here or im on AIM all the time. thank you
priast
Stock
Stock

Still Need Help...

Post by priast »

Guys...i need help...i don't understand how to install the costum vinyl....i alreayd have Bintex, i followed what i have to do...open the vinyl on the NFSU folder....but everytime i want to import the costum vinyl...i always get this "error while decompressing data" message...i want to know exactyl how can i do it....thank you guys
Leslie
Stock
Stock

Post by Leslie »

I have downloaded a vinyl for NissanSkyline : http://www.nfsunlimited.net/index.php?g ... iew&id=147
I have try to change its color , but whatever I change which color ,it was still red color......why?
sportcars45
Stock
Stock

wheres is the vinyl after install it

Post by sportcars45 »

i do what u told me to import a vivyl it works and i save it but where do i go in nfs to have it i go on unique but there is only 3 unique vinyl..

i just want to know what to do

NFSUUSER111
Stock
Stock

Post by NFSUUSER111 »

OK umm i really want to install Custom Vinyls for NFSU but i am having alot of troubles.. I do the thing with Bintex and it seems to go in alright but ingame its just not there.. do i have to change the name of the downloaded vinyls or something?!!? or do i just import them in as they are..... btw do i have to export the file i am replacing if you do change the name to the name of a file already in the vinyl folder!?! urggg i really wanna use them they look so cool....
Illusions
Stock
Stock

Post by Illusions »

Please Help. I've downloaded Bintex, done everything i'm suppose to(or maybe not) When i import custom vinyls they do not show. could someone please let me know what to do,
I would appreciate.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

did you save? i got that problem too, but i was so dum and allwasy forgot to save. if so go to file>save
Bryan
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSU: How to import vinyls using bintex

Post by Bryan »

[quote="bobyx"]Download BinTex 0.3 from our utils section, unzip it somewhere on your HD and run it.

Unzip the content of the file custom vinyl you downloaded to somewhere on your hd. Open the readme file of the custom vinyl. Find out for which car are the custom vinyls. Then launch BinTex - File - Open: go to NFS Underground/Cars dir, then to the dir of the car the vinyl is for and open and open VINYLS.BIN.

Sort the vinyls inside the file by name (click on the Name).

Check the readme which two vinyls you must update. Then select the first one in BinTex (without _mask), go Texture - Import and then select the first dds file (without _m or _mask) from the custom vinyl you downloaded. Do the same for the second (*_mask).

Then go to File - Save, close BinTex, go to the game and select the vinyl you replaced in the car customize screen.

Note: the names of vinyls in BinTex are not necessarily the same as in the game. The readme of the custom vinyl should contain info on which vinyl should you replace, and what vinyl is that in the game.

If your game crashes after you selected a certain vinyl which you think you updated, then you probably changed the wrong vinyl type (there are 1color, 2color, 3color, unique and manufacturer vinyls).

You can get the original VINYLS.BIN off CD1.[color=darkred][/color][color=blue][/color][color=cyan][/color][color=green][/color][b][i][u][quote][code][list][list=][img][/img][url]
Bryan
Stock
Stock

Post by Bryan »

NFSUUSER111 wrote:OK umm i really want to install Custom Vinyls for NFSU but i am having alot of troubles.. I do the thing with Bintex and it seems to go in alright but ingame its just not there.. do i have to change the name of the downloaded vinyls or something?!!? or do i just import them in as they are..... btw do i have to export the file i am replacing if you do change the name to the name of a file already in the vinyl folder!?! urggg i really wanna use them they look so cool....
Illusions
Stock
Stock

Post by Illusions »

Hi there

I'm dealing with this problem for a very long time now. import the Vinyls and save them in Bintex but i still can't see them. I imported textures and it worked(tyres and wheels) could someone please help me.
Thanx
Illusions
Stock
Stock

Post by Illusions »

Help please, I've downloade bintex and follwed the procedures for importing custom vinyls. I've also saved the vinyls after impoting them but still cannot see them. Could i please have some advice regarding this. Is there any differrence between NFSU 1.0, 1.2 and 1.3
Relliker
Stock
Stock

Post by Relliker »

hi i'm new here i'm brazilian and i have a doubt when I open the archive .DDS he appear this image
what i press?
when i press yes appear this image in the 2f2fSkyline
how can i edit this??? or how i edit this?? :?: :?: :?:
Eclipse_gtx
Stock
Stock

Post by Eclipse_gtx »

:roll: i dont understand how to use the vinyls thath is "file type RAR"! can someone tell me how i install them? :roll:
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

a RAR file is a kind of winzip file. The program you need for it is winrar, you can DL it http://www.rarlabs.com. DL the prog, extract the file you got, and you can go further on.
Relliker
Stock
Stock

Post by Relliker »

who can helop me please???
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

relliker, pres no in that dialog box, and then you will get normal wiew of 1 vinil =)
Relliker
Stock
Stock

Post by Relliker »

and after how can i edit the vinyl??
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Relliker - check the Editing forum for info re this... :wink:
rax
Stock
Stock

Post by rax »

i downloaded some vinyls from the site...

i have bintex

i go to open.. cars, then eclipse, then vinyls

i extract the file that i downloaded from site,

then hit import.. i import them both into the list but i cant see them in the list

and i dont know how to see them in the game and they are for the eclipse car

HELP PLEASE?
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

Maybe you forgot to save , go to File , Save
rax
Stock
Stock

Post by rax »

yep, i saved it.. how do i get it on my car tho? and i dont see it in the list when you open bintex

Return to “Help & Support”