What Phone Do You Have?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: What Phone Do You Have?

Post by 2furio »

Damn, the place I order the N73 sent an e-mail saying that they don't have the white/red N73. Now, I have to wait until Monday to see if they get a new shipment or else they'll send me a white/plum version. Does anyone have this white/plum version...is it nice? I was worried that it looks too old, like it is meant for old people...like brown.....yuck...

EDIT: Also, about the GPS device. I am thinking of getting TomTom6. However, do I need to get any extra hardware...or do I just install the software onto the N73 and I will get clear GPS instructions on my N73 without any extra hardware to be bought?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nah, don't worry mate. The white-brown is quite nice. Although I have a friend who is using the N73 you liked, a friend of mine is using the one that you're buying now. It looks nice. :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Sweeett, thanks for the input. :)

-------------------------
Damn, my worst fears have caught up to me. I do need a separate GPS receiver in order to get GPS on the N73. Damn...why could Nokia just implement a tiny receiver in it? There goes the dream of using the N73 as a GPD device (I really do not want to spend at least another 100 bucks for a damn receiver)...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Now you see, if ya'll hadn't been badmouthing the V3m RAZR maybe I could have told you that you can get unlimited GPS ability for $10 a month. Or, you have the alternate (great for vacations) $3 for 2 days.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

What kind of GPS would get on that puny V3 screen, plus...an extra 10 bucks a month??! Yah....ok there...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Dude WTF??? You call that a puny screen???

S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

-Cough-Notactualsize-cough-

:P

Razrs<Nokia/PDAs

:P
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

No kidding, the resolution of the screen in that pic is probably 200x350, when in actuality, it's probably something along the lines of 100x175.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ok, the phone is A LOT smaller than that. If the phone would be actual size to that pic, it would be bigger than my hand. I don't know the diagonal of the screen but it does have a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels. I played around with my friend's V3 and I honestly didn't like it. It felt cheap in my hand...it's soo bleh...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

razrs are still 176X220 ? that sucks i need atleast 240X320 on a 2.2 inch screen
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Need? What for?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

The V3 Razr has 176x220 whereas the V3x Razr has 240x320
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

because 176X220 screens look like crap with washed colors and are very pixelated
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

i was trying to send a txt 2day but my phone kept dying as i was typing it (and it was fully charged b4 i started) so i went to buy a new battery....but they were $50, i thought they would only b like $10 or so
...i may as well buy a new phone
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

You could buy a new phone with a good battery instead of wasting money on a battery...
A Nokia 1110 is very good at battery.the Nokia 6234 is also,good.Even my N70 ”lives” 6 days.

P.S. : 300 POSTSTS!!! :D :lol:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Nah, batteries are quite cheap. I mean, as long as the battery is under $100, it's ok. I mean, what (good) phones can you buy for $100?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Tones if you want to waste your money on $30+ plans. Providers rip people off so easily, but I'm to quick for them.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

2furio wrote:Nah, batteries are quite cheap. I mean, as long as the battery is under $100, it's ok. I mean, what (good) phones can you buy for $100?
RAZR's :wink:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

RAZRs..

Their next phone should be called CRPY which pretty much sums up all of their phones: crappy..
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

They could start a whole new line of phones called "REAL" phones to show that the names actually mean what they are:
-CRPY
-SHTY (S*itty)
-GRBG (Garbage)
-RBSH (Rubbish)
-TRSH (Trash)
-JNKY (Junky)

And I agree with you PSZeta, the RAZR isn't a good phone. It doesn't even look 'good' anymore the way people percieved it to be at launch. Slide phones are the new style.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:Nah, batteries are quite cheap. I mean, as long as the battery is under $100, it's ok. I mean, what (good) phones can you buy for $100?
Nokia 8250. That phone is the most durable and stylish non-coloured phone I've ever used. It dropped so many times yet it didn't switch off on me, not even once. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

My friend wants to get an iPhone even though we both live in Canada. I keep telling him that for a small amount more upfront, he can get the Nokia N95 which has way more features for a lot cheaper than the iPhone in the long run but he keeps insisting that the iPhone is "better". And he is even willing to use untrustworthy illegal applications on the iPhone once they are discovered so he doesn't have to use one of the pricey plans. Anyone have any suggestions that could help my friend better understand what a rip off the iPhone is?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Carcrazy wrote:
RAZR's :wink:

Dude, ok we get the point...Stop pumping up the Razr to make it more than it is :P
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Porsche-AG wrote:My friend wants to get an iPhone even though we both live in Canada. I keep telling him that for a small amount more upfront, he can get the Nokia N95 which has way more features for a lot cheaper than the iPhone in the long run but he keeps insisting that the iPhone is "better". And he is even willing to use untrustworthy illegal applications on the iPhone once they are discovered so he doesn't have to use one of the pricey plans. Anyone have any suggestions that could help my friend better understand what a rip off the iPhone is?
Tell him that iPhone only works on Apple computers. If he doesn't have one, he can forget about getting it anytime soon. Unless, of course, he's willing to fork out over $2000 for the phone.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wow, really? Then I guess he not only has to fork out the $600, but also the $2000 for the iMac AND another $2000 for the outrageous plan price. That's quite incredible. Close to $5000 for a phone.

Return to “General Discussion”