TECH TALK - ask your technical car questions

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Re: TECH TALK - ask your technical car questions

Post by darknight788 »

:roll: talking out of your ass again because your mouth knows better ? all the shiznit you ninkumpoops posted is quite frankly ... shiznit. their is no validity to your statements and all you ever do is doubt anything i ever say, even when im talking about a company that is in the US. i dare you to go looking around diesel forums and ask them once about tuning and see what you get :wink: there is another world outside your teeny engines that sound more like a mosquito than an engine kinda funny when i race one and the looks on their faces, although that is rare since their car usually fills up with smoke :lol: i love wasting little ricers like mazda's,toyota's,honda's,mitsubichi whatever.
ok now onto some shiznit:
im not going to qoute it takes too long
first off i know the difference between australia and europe i was replying to grez :roll:
25 mpg IS good when you drive something that weighs 3.5-4 tons, can go 600+ miles on a tank, and still smoke out a ricer
where did you get 29.5 liters ?
talking out of your ass again because your mouth knows better ?
it is infact a 27 liter merlin, that was meant for tank duty NOT aircraft thus why it was detuned ALOT, they were not after dragster here infact the HUGE car is very driveable just not the way the cars you wear can.
why would i care about acceleration while towing ? your not serious are you ? you know we have these things called freeways and you have to merge onto them, you start out by going on this thing called an on-ramp (look it up) that tis where you gain your speed and come up to traffic speed, but guess what it takes accleration and all the power you have to do so when your towing 15K lbs. (common sense)
the point to holding gears like when towing a heavy load up a hill is to lug the engine to a certain point and then downshift, this is also known as two/haul mode and is very useful. when not in tow/haul mode the transmission shifts normally. this feature is only really useful in diesel engines because they create most of their power when lugged unlike gasoline engines.

my pen has 400 hp its a been there done that nothing new kind of thing, alot of our big brute vehicles are at or above that with twice the power, remember horsepower does'nt do anywork torque does if you have ever used a dyno you should know this. in the diesel pickup world 400 hp is nothing our pickups are almost there STOCK, in the tuning world we like to see 700 hp but 1000 is better.
and YES infact this is a different kind of tuning, how many of you have pickups over there ? ok now how many can actually pull something like two bobcats ? ok now how many are diesel ? you should be down to about 0 by now
you may get more than 25mpg when your running 8K rpm, but it is supposed to your engine has less displacement than my two liter bottle of pop :lol: < ----------- stupid ricer, BTW how much torque does you engine make ? its probably not enough to torque my lugnuts
and since nobody here knows what a bullydog or edge tuner is i wont bother, there is no point trying to teach a retarded kid how to wipe his ass

are we having fun yet ? next ........
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Just out of curiosity..not tryin to argue but how big is your fuel tank on your truck/ute? My brother gets 800+ km on his VW Jetta with city driving and get 1000+ km on the highway. Its only a 2.0l engine that has to pull about 1600kg worth of car. Its got 320Nm of torque and with some slight work it can be easily taken up to 380Nm which is alot at the front wheels of a stock standard car. Driving back from a holiday my dad was overtaking people uphill and reaching 180km/h with five people in the car and a boot full of stuff and to call european diesels crap doesn't do justice. Anyway just my two cents.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well it is a 40 gallon tank, when i run economy mode which is during the weekday i get around 23 mpg combined. so theoretically i can go 920 miles on a single tank. now i have never done that and probably never will, thats only when i baby it and keep boost below 10 psi. the most i have ever gone on a single tank is about half way to san antonio,tx which one way is about 1260 miles and i filled up in st. louis which is about 600 miles and my fuel guage was at about half then again that was all highway driving.
i have nothing against little diesels in passenger cars they serve their purpose better than their gas counterparts. but as a whole im not a real fan of cars because they really only serve one purpose which is to carry people and their stuff from point a to b, now a truck can do the exact same thing, except provide more room for passengers, carry more luggage, and tow the camper at the same time. trucks for me are just more functional and useful than cars.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

darknight788 wrote::roll: talking out of your bumbum again because your mouth knows better ? all the shiznit you ninkumpoops posted is quite frankly ... shiznit.
Still hurling insults? You know, using increasing levels of bad language only diminishes your credibility in a debate (especially on the internet). People will become less likely to listen to you and it makes your frustration more evident.
darknight788 wrote:their is no validity to your statements and all you ever do is doubt anything i ever say, even when im talking about a company that is in the US.
The location of the company is completely irrelevant. It's your logic, information, deductions and theories that are wrong. You say there is no validity to our statements? How about your own statements? A lot of what you say doesn't even make sense, or displays a clear lack of research/knowledge.
darknight788 wrote:i dare you to go looking around diesel forums and ask them once about tuning and see what you get :wink:
I know exactly what I would get: a bunch of rednecks copy and pasting from Banks' website, and pretending that they know what they're talking about. Then I would lol, and probably get shouted and sworn at.
darknight788 wrote:first off i know the difference between australia and europe i was replying to grez :roll:
You said "you two", so unless Grez has a split personality or something . . .
darknight788 wrote:
talking out of your bumbum again because your mouth knows better ?
it is infact a 27 liter merlin, that was meant for tank duty NOT aircraft thus why it was detuned ALOT
I assume that you were trying to quote my post there.

It is, in fact, NOT a 27 litre Merlin, but a 29.5 litre Continental AVDS-1790-5B V12 from an M47 Patton tank (hence the nickname 'Tank Car').
darknight788 wrote:why would i care about acceleration while towing ? your not serious are you ? you know we have these things called freeways and you have to merge onto them
If you're towing something so large that it affects your ability to merge onto the freeway, I'd hate to think how long it takes you to stop. You shouldn't even be allowed on the road.
darknight788 wrote:the point to holding gears like when towing a heavy load up a hill is to lug the engine to a certain point and then downshift
Holding gears or downshifting? Make up your mind. Just about all cars (with autos) have a kickdown feature, by the way.

Also the point of holding a gear is to exploit the engine's power, not torque.
darknight788 wrote:in the diesel pickup world 400 hp is nothing our pickups are almost there STOCK, in the tuning world we like to see 700 hp but 1000 is better.
Am I supposed to be impressed?
darknight788 wrote:and YES infact this is a different kind of tuning, how many of you have pickups over there ? ok now how many can actually pull something like two bobcats ? ok now how many are diesel ? you should be down to about 0 by now
I don't suppose there are too many pick-ups in Britain, but we have some down here (even American ones). And plenty of them are diesel. You just have no idea, do you?
darknight788 wrote:there is another world outside your teeny engines that sound more like a mosquito . . .
although that is rare since their car usually fills up with smoke :lol: i love wasting little ricers like mazda's,toyota's,honda's,mitsubichi whatever . . . my pen has 400 hp . . . your engine has less displacement than my two liter bottle of pop :lol: < ----------- stupid ricer . . . there is no point trying to teach a retarded kid how to wipe his bumbum
And here is just a bunch of leftover statements that I compiled to further demonstrate your idiocy and ignorance.
darknight788 wrote:are we having fun yet ?
We are actually, thanks for asking.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

darknight788 wrote::roll: talking out of your bumbum again because your mouth knows better ? all the shiznit you ninkumpoops posted is quite frankly ... shiznit. their is no validity to your statements and all you ever do is doubt anything i ever say, even when im talking about a company that is in the US.
Well, I certainly wouldnt doubt American claims. They did after all win the Second world war after finding that pesky enigma machine, and single-handedly storming the beaches of Normandy. If it comes from the US, its got to be the truth!
i dare you to go looking around diesel forums
...lol.
ask them once about tuning and see what you get :wink:
Ill probably hear talk of things like ECU re-flashes that claim to release 50bhp, and then see probably one person who has had theirs dyno'd to reveal an ego-shattering 15bhp. Then, not to be defeated, theyll talk about how much torque theyve got, and how economical their engines are.
there is another world outside your teeny engines that sound more like a mosquito than an engine kinda funny when i race one and the looks on their faces, although that is rare since their car usually fills up with smoke :lol: i love wasting little ricers like mazda's,toyota's,honda's,mitsubichi whatever.
Thats good, because I enjoy wasting redneck Americans. In fact, my favourite racing memory was annhiliating a mullet-sporting fastback Mustang driver in my SX. Damn me and my weedy 1.8L turbo...My other favourite past-time is watching Americans go round tracks, and not only in US cars. Now thats funny.
first off i know the difference between australia and europe i was replying to grez :roll:
and o yea one more thing i know you two are from europe
25 mpg IS good when you drive something that weighs 3.5-4 tons, can go 600+ miles on a tank, and still smoke out a ricer
No its not.
why would i care about acceleration while towing ? your not serious are you ?
the recent advances in slushboxes have actually made them better for towing in light/medium duty trucks. trust me it is no fun shifting a 6 speed geared for heavy towing .... just not the best tranny for acceleration ya know
There you are, inferring that the reason you use an auto-box isnt because your some limp-wristed American who cant figure out how to use a manual gearbox, but because its better for towing, and more importantly acceleration.

you know we have these things called freeways and you have to merge onto them, you start out by going on this thing called an on-ramp (look it up) that tis where you gain your speed and come up to traffic speed, but guess what it takes accleration and all the power you have to do so when your towing 15K lbs. (common sense)
Oh, you mean those vast, straight roads like motorways, but are limited to 55mph? I lol'd. :mrgreen:
the point to holding gears like when towing a heavy load up a hill is to lug the engine to a certain point and then downshift, this is also known as two/haul mode and is very useful. when not in tow/haul mode the transmission shifts normally. this feature is only really useful in diesel engines because they create most of their power when lugged unlike gasoline engines.
*Hangs self from boredom*
my pen has 400 hp its a been there done that nothing new kind of thing, alot of our big brute vehicles are at or above that with twice the power, remember horsepower does'nt do anywork torque does if you have ever used a dyno you should know this. in the diesel pickup world 400 hp is nothing our pickups are almost there STOCK, in the tuning world we like to see 700 hp but 1000 is better.
*Revives self, then slashes madly at wrists before shooting self dead, again from boredom*

Ah, the old American saying 'bhp sells cars, torque wins races'. Of course, America have been making the torquiest cars in the world for the last 50 or so years, and Ive yet to see a definitive motorsport credential with an American name on it. American cars are so good and so fast, that nobody outside the US bothers buying them.
YES infact this is a different kind of tuning, how many of you have pickups over there ? ok now how many can actually pull something like two bobcats ? ok now how many are diesel ? you should be down to about 0 by now
Oh no, we have no such things as diesel, or torque, or trucks here. Oh, well we do sort of have one. Youve probably seen it, various military forces around the world use it, 90% of the worlds exploration teams use it, and it has been largely declared as the greatest 4X4 ever built.

Hell, the only thing it cant claim is the fastest caravan towing! ...because that title belongs to a Cosworth. Thats a bit like a Ford, but with all the crappy under-engineered American parts taken off (thatll be things like the engine and drivetrain), and then British components put in its place.

For a country where torque doesnt really belong, we sure make it count a lot more than towing your cousins trailer to your wedding.
you may get more than 25mpg when your running 8K rpm, but it is supposed to your engine has less displacement than my two liter bottle of pop :lol: < ----------- stupid ricer, BTW how much torque does you engine make ? its probably not enough to torque my lugnuts
Heh, he made a funny.

*Watches tumbleweed blow past*

...Care to race? Any circuit of your choice. [-o<
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

firetruck circuits id rather watch paint dry than watch some little firetruck up pile that is supposed to be mega fast go around a track. wait never mind i will race you around a circuit except that we both have 15K lbs attached to our vehicles, then lets see who wins
your right we should have nuked europe too it was already full of comies.
you might only be able to get 15 hp out of your little thing you call a engine but i sure as hell dont, thats fine you keep that bucket of bolts.
its good your favortie past time is "smoking" stangs that arent even fast i like smoking little mx-5's, civics, and whatever else looks stupid enough to be in the circus.
LOL do you think you know how to drive stick better than me ? :lol:
that second pic is probably what you look like, then again your probably some pimple faced kid glued to a monitor.
actually since you mention it the corvette and viper have dominated their class in the le mans series .
you call those shiznit the best 4x4 in the world ? hahahahaha good one how much power 100 horse whoa watch out im really scared. crappy euro shiznit if i saw one i would take 10 gallons of gas from europe and make some fireworks. infact im not sure one of those could tow your casket to your funeral without rolling down the hill in reverse.

how isnt the location of the company relevant ? it is exactly the reason why i have heard of them and you have not :roll:
grez does have a split personality .... dumb/shiznit
we have these things called trailer brakes, yea they have been around a while they help alot :wink:
you just dont get the whole downshifting/holding gears thing do you ? first you have to understand how they make their power then you go from there ( if you want to debate me on this let me know i will be happy to school you), as a small preview to see if you want to or not torque = power hp = some mathematical equation

when was the last time you ricers picked rice out of your engines, and if europe cars are so good why do you drive around rice ?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

your right we should have nuked europe too it was already full of comies.
Excuse me? Keep the arguement about cars thank you and don't say shiznit like that ok? BTW you wouldn't have the nuclear bomb if it wasn't for Einstein and stealing all the Germans technology ok?

Saying the Land Rover Defender is crap is just plain stupid. Sure it doesn't have the most power but its 100 times more reliable then a Dodge Ram. It built that well that they still churn out the same model for ages with only minor changes to the 4wd. Its the same with the Toyota Landcruiser, Built tough and properly it'll never die. You don't see a dodge ram as a safari vehicle in africa now do you?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Y'know, DK, using proper grammar and punctuation would really help in your case. It wouldn't make you any less wrong or more right, but I'm sure people would be more willing to listen to what you have to say instead of probably thinking, "Wow, this guy is a dumb, uneducated redneck." Just a friendly little pointer. ;)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

firetruck circuits id rather watch paint dry than watch some little firetruck up pile that is supposed to be mega fast go around a track
Translation: ''I cant do it, so its boring.''
your right we should have nuked europe too it was already full of comies
+1 for knowing anything about world politics. And you wonder why Americans have a reputation for being stupid... :roll:
you might only be able to get 15 hp out of your little thing you call a engine but i sure as hell dont, thats fine you keep that bucket of bolts.
The NA6CE has been pushed to over 400bhp. Thats from a 1.6L. In the US, you couldnt even dream of that kind of efficiency.
its good your favortie past time is "smoking" stangs that arent even fast i like smoking little mx-5's, civics, and whatever else looks stupid enough to be in the circus.
-Mustangs are quicker than your truck
-MX5s are quicker than your truck
-Civics are quicker than your truck
-Walking is quicker than your truck

People would also mock you less for the above.
LOL do you think you know how to drive stick better than me ?
I would bet my house on it. :wink:
then again your probably some pimple faced kid glued to a monitor.
Says the kid who keeps trying to insult everybody? LOL.
actually since you mention it the corvette and viper have dominated their class in the le mans series .
Actually, no they havent.
you call those shiznit the best 4x4 in the world ? hahahahaha good one how much power 100 horse whoa watch out im really scared. crappy euro shiznit if i saw one i would take 10 gallons of gas from europe and make some fireworks. infact im not sure one of those could tow your casket to your funeral without rolling down the hill in reverse.
Another case of you having no idea what youre talking about. :lol:
grez does have a split personality .... dumb/shiznit
Funny then, that in all your time here, youve yet to prove me wrong on anything. :wink:
you just dont get the whole downshifting/holding gears thing do you ? first you have to understand how they make their power then you go from there ( if you want to debate me on this let me know i will be happy to school you), as a small preview to see if you want to or not torque = power hp = some mathematical equation
Youve genuinely no idea what youre talking about have you?
and if europe cars are so good why do you drive around rice ?
Simple. The only car that can compete with my MX5 around a track in stock form is a Lotus Elise. I can buy seven MX5s for one Elise. Now, a question for you. If you hate cars so much, and youve no idea what youre talking about...why are you trying to blag your way through a car forum? :roll:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I've thought about simply letting this go, because you can't teach anything to an unwitting person, but this will keep on going until Darknight either gives it up or gets banned. From past experience on these forums, those are currently the only possible outcomes.
darknight788 wrote:firetruck circuits id rather watch paint dry than watch some little firetruck up pile that is supposed to be mega fast go around a track. wait never mind i will race you around a circuit except that we both have 15K lbs attached to our vehicles, then lets see who wins
It's intersting how you instantly dismissed a proper race, because you know you wouldn't stand a chance. And if you honestly think that towing 15 thousand pounds is more exciting than driving a race car, then why are you on a racing-car game froum? There is not a single other sane person here who cares about trucks.
darknight788 wrote:your right we should have nuked europe too it was already full of comies.
Do you actually think before you start pushing buttons on your keyboard? When you say things like this, is it any wonder that we all think you're a moron? Really, why do you bother . . .
darknight788 wrote:you might only be able to get 15 hp out of your little thing you call a engine but i sure as hell dont, thats fine you keep that bucket of bolts.
At least we don't struggle to get 15hp per litre. And who even mentioned a 15hp engine? I'm starting to question your ability to read.
darknight788 wrote:LOL do you think you know how to drive stick better than me ? :lol:
If you drive as well as you type, then yes.
darknight788 wrote:you call those shiznit the best 4x4 in the world ? hahahahaha good one how much power 100 horse whoa watch out im really scared. crappy euro shiznit if i saw one i would take 10 gallons of gas from europe and make some fireworks. infact im not sure one of those could tow your casket to your funeral without rolling down the hill in reverse.
Right, because power means everything. Never mind build quality, dynamics, or off-road ability.
darknight788 wrote:grez does have a split personality .... dumb/shiznit
That doesn't even make sense.
darknight788 wrote:you just dont get the whole downshifting/holding gears thing do you ? first you have to understand how they make their power then you go from there ( if you want to debate me on this let me know i will be happy to school you), as a small preview to see if you want to or not torque = power hp = some mathematical equation
You're right, I couldn't possibly understand your inane theory on downshifting and holding gears. Please, enlighten me with these mathematical equations.
darknight788 wrote:when was the last time you ricers picked rice out of your engines, and if europe cars are so good why do you drive around rice ?
Pick rice out of my engine? What?

And why would I drive a European car when Japanese cars are just as good for less money?
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

Quit Arguing. DK your truck weights around 3 tons grezs car weights under 1 ton it may not have power but handling and acceleration are better than your truck. You think your beat list is good try mine :
Shelby GT500
Honda Civic SI
Nissan 240SX
Forda F150
Forda F350
Dodge Ram Diesal
Chevrolet Camaro
Pontiac GTO
jaycubzz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jaycubzz »

awww dont stop it was fun reading all that fun stuff!! :lol:
I DONT LIKE SIGNATURES! ARRRRRRRGGHHH!
i dont know how to make them, anyway
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

ok.. i had some nice laughs, but you guys need to calm down now or i'll make you :twisted:
its obviously a never ending debate if you continue, so end it now kthx :roll:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

But it's fun. :( Mayhaps you can split the topic...?
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

another thing not all japanese cars are ricers
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Look I don't mind a good discussion, and I don't care if there are some hard arguments etc.
But If you can't convince people with facts don't trow insults at them OK?
Cause if there is one thing I hate here it's Insults.
A. You not only hurt the people you are talking about but also others that fall in the same catagory (like the line: NUKE Europe, you insult like half the people on this board including me, and I don't like being insulted, It makes me push the BBB*)
B. It makes you look like a complete retard if you start to insult people in a discussion.

*BBB is BIG BAN BUTTON
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Man, I spend a month in Spain on buisness and the forum explodes.
Anyone got any popcorn?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Neoned
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Neoned »

Nice one Steelsnake
Nice owning Grez and bojan...great discussion =D
kazeflame
Stock
Stock

Post by kazeflame »

you guys sure know how to live a life i can see
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

kazeflame wrote:you guys sure know how to live a life i can see
Thankyou for your meaningful and enlightening contribution to the topic at hand.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

kazeflame wrote:you guys sure know how to live a life i can see
Pot calling kettle? Tip - Dont call people sad for insutling others on the internet, by doing the same thing yourself.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

well, the storm finally went away....

I've got 2 technical question (which is where this whole topic SHOULD be going about (not that i didnt like the fight... :lol: ))

1: How can an engine turn 'lazy' ? you know, the engine in your grandmothers car that never pushed it over 2000 rpm and never got beyond a speed of 80 kmh....

2: what's the best way to sort of 'treat' a new cars engine? sometimes i hear car dealers say 'well the first 1000km, don't push it over 4000 rpm, it's bad for the engine...'
With the best way i mean: of course you don't want to wreck your brand new BMW's engine, but on the other hand you don't want your grandmother to own you in her daihatsu....
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

RVD wrote:1: How can an engine turn 'lazy' ? you know, the engine in your grandmothers car that never pushed it over 2000 rpm and never got beyond a speed of 80 kmh....
If you don't give it a good rev from time to time, you can get an excessive build up of carbon deposits on the internals. This restricts gas flow inside the engine, which is obviously detrimental to performance. Another thing is that it has probably spent most of its life running cold, because your grandmother will usually only make short trips. Combine that with the old oil in the the motor which probably hasn't been changed for two years, and you'll have yourself a 'lazy' engine.
RVD wrote:2: what's the best way to sort of 'treat' a new cars engine? sometimes i hear car dealers say 'well the first 1000km, don't push it over 4000 rpm, it's bad for the engine...'
With the best way i mean: of course you don't want to wreck your brand new BMW's engine, but on the other hand you don't want your grandmother to own you in her daihatsu....
It depends from car to car (ask your dealer), but you should try and keep the revs between 2000 and 4000rpm whilst driving. That doesn't include idling, of course. You should also avoid towing and full-throttle starts.

Getting owned by your grandmother is the last thing you should be worried about.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Generally, I run an engine in for 3-500 miles. Thats whether its new, or an old engine which has had some major work done (i.e. forced induction, cam-belt etc).
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

Here's a stumper. My 1989 Ford Escort GT keeps losing oil pressure. It starts out at around 40 psi when it first turns over, but then drops off steadily as it runs until there is none at all. What, besides a bad oil pump, could be wrong?

Return to “The Cars”