Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by PSZeTa »

It doesn't have a camera because it's an musicplayer.. Why not get rid of wifi either. Speaking of that, why not get rid of the touchscreen. It's ''just'' a musicplayer.

I'm tired of those pigheads that go ''wowww ipod'' and automatically thinks that Apple has -significantly- improved their new line of music players. IMO, this will probably be the stereotypical iPod Touch worshipper:

''Oh no, this song is shiznit and I need to skip. But the iPod Touch requires several steps to change songs. Wait, it doesn't matter! I have ZHE IPOD TOUCH.'' *now takes iPod out of pocket, making full use of the iPod touchscreen by making spastic hand movements and at the same time looking around to see if he's drawing any attention to have his selfesteem stroked, because he just bought this 16GB iPod that doesn't even hold a decent music collection except making you cool. (supposedly)*

People buying this thing are only looking for 400 dollars worth of attention anyway, because the only thing it does is making itself look good. I'm still waiting for the day that Apple stops ripping off people (more like exploiting their ignorance and stupidity) when it comes to devices like these. They make the majority believe that their devices are incredible and special, while the only thing they're doing is presenting how to send text messages and pretend like it's totally wowzor.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

They fooling mostly Americans from what i see, sure there are many users of the iPod in Europe but from school i asked some of the users and they say they don't want a fancy iPod just a simple one that they can listen music too, and when i told them about the iPhone they just said it's stupid they would rather buy a Nokia, Sony Ericsson, LG, Samsung but not the iPhone. The percentage of iPod users in my school are 30% (I asked about 10% of them cuz 10% of 30% are in my class), the other 70% are mostly using their mobile phones or MP3 players (i think that's the term for the little things that are the size of an USB stick).
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I live in Canada and my friend recently purchased an iPhone off of eBay and inserted his Rogers SIM card into it. Unfortunately, Rogers has already stated that they will offer absolutely no support for iPhone users and my friend had a little "accident" when he was plugging his iPhone into his cousin's RX-8 (Brand new car). The screen went green and the battery was overloaded, causing the iPhone to be rendered useless when it is on stand-by mode, meaning that he will miss every call that he recieves.

And to clear things up, an iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without phone, text, some PDA functions and a camera, all in a smaller profile (Yes, the iPod Touch is smaller than the iPhone).

That said, my friend now has an oversized 4 GB iPod Touch that can take pictures :lol:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

PSZeTa wrote:''Oh no, this song is shiznit and I need to skip. But the iPod Touch requires several steps to change songs. Wait, it doesn't matter! I have ZHE IPOD TOUCH.'' *now takes iPod out of pocket, making full use of the iPod touchscreen by making spastic hand movements and at the same time looking around to see if he's drawing any attention to have his selfesteem stroked, because he just bought this 16GB iPod that doesn't even hold a decent music collection except making you cool. (supposedly)*
=D>
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

they just "makeup" these players now ... won't "wow" the crowds again, like when the 1st Ipod was released. I have a 2gb silver Nano...
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Personally I prefer the colorful, smooth, and decent price of Creative players. IMO it's more for the money.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

oh well, didn't tried those, i almost not use the player anymore, since I have an mp3 player in my car.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

If you are going to talk about money and mp3 players... you might as well save a lot (and save pocket space as well) by purchasing a phone that has fairly high-quality mp3 capabilities like one of the Sony Ericsson Walkman phones.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Or buy a CD player and save $200. :P
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well the mp3-phone option is best used for people looking for their first phone or a replacement phone and either don't have an mp3 player or have one that they want to replace.

CD players are clumsy in that they can't just play mp3 files but instead have to read CDs. They are also quite big.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Why not just hum the tune, that way you could save helluva lot of money..
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Or buy a CD player and save $200. :P
With that you can't fit your entire music collection in your pocket now can you? :wink:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Jopuma wrote:
xHaZxMaTx wrote:Or buy a CD player and save $200. :P
With that you can't fit your entire music collection in your pocket now can you? :wink:
Actually you can. If you make them MP3 then it will take about 120 songs (the CD i mean) and you don't need a case just pop in your CD before leaving.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

You think I don't know that?

My point is I have well over 500 songs and I would need to carry 4 or 5 CD's with me and a bulky CD player whereas with an mp3 player you put all the songs on it and just stuff it in your pocket.

I know what's better because I've had several CD players and use mp3 players now. Mp3 players are alot better IMO.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Then call me old-fashioned, because I still use a CD player. :P You may call me weird, too, because I actually buy my CDs. I like having full quality, physical copies of all of my music. And not only do I have all of my music ripped to my computer in lossless formats, I have CD images of them - perfect digital copies. 8)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Can someone send me a GeForce 8800GTX? Shouldn't be too much trouble, thanks.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

¿Que?
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

who has a 360 here cuz im getting 1 and i have some questions
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've got one.. :)
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

Hey,i just sold my nano and creative zen micro.I'm looking for something new,reccomend anything? :D and don't say that samsung ypk5 mp3 player.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Depends on what you're looking for in a MP3-player.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

iPod? Microsoft Zune? :)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

OMGYAY!!! I became unbeatable. =D

And If you want an MP3 Player with good video and awsome sound quality, get either the Creative Zen Vision:W or the Vision:M. If you just want a normal mp3 player, then get a Sansa Connect or e260, or the new Creative ZEN. (It's just called ZEN) If you want style but lower sound quality, get a nano/video. =p
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i saw the riceist car ever today a Altima with GTR badge,GTR Spoiler,Altezza Taillights, and a turbo sound thing, and 5in tail pipe. my car smoked it down I5 crusing around 110mph. Also i am considering to get a game system but dont know which either a XBOX 360 Elite or PS3 i want to play:

Halos
Dirt
PS
PGR1-4
Forza
Amped
Resistance fall of man
Black
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

Stereo wrote:OMGYAY!!! I became unbeatable. =D

And If you want an MP3 Player with good video and awsome sound quality, get either the Creative Zen Vision:W or the Vision:M. If you just want a normal mp3 player, then get a Sansa Connect or e260, or the new Creative ZEN. (It's just called ZEN) If you want style but lower sound quality, get a nano/video. =p
Nah,im sick of zens and Ipods.
Andre_online wrote:iPod? Microsoft Zune? :)
Thanks Andre_ill be getting a 30gb microsoft zune for sg$250!.It's better than the Ipod Touch and looks much better.

Return to “General Discussion”