Forza vs. GT5

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Forza vs. GT5

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I figured considering the fact that PGR4 has turned into a Forza vs. GT war, I'd make this topic so that we don't start talking random crap in the PGR topic(s). If you do make a side with either of these games, then please give proper reasons behind it, unlike something like this: (a) game is better because (A) console is the best. If you come here to start talking consoles, then don't post at all, because this is games, not consoles. The consoles aren't always what make the game, rather the know-how of the developers. Thanks for your time, and enjoy.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: Forza vs. GT5

Post by race_invader »

this will create a flame war and no doubt be locked for sure... =D> Since i remember ages ago something was locked like this before.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

It's better than starting a flame war in a completely unrelated topic, isn't it?
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Pufft, GT 5 will never own forza, GT is not even like a simulation game -_-!
Simulation = Realism = Damage and controls, only thing i see in GT is controls ¬.¬
Explicit signature removed.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That's where you're wrong, GT also has the cars and the physics, along with a mix of fictional and real-life circuits, the tuning... the damage argument is obsolete now, because GT5 is going to have damage. Otherwise, stop complaining and get over the fact that there's no damage! The fact that there's no damage doesn't define a throw-in-the-bin-worthy game.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

this is so pointless....
its just like metallica fans posting on megadeth vids saying megadeth sucks (and other way around)
why cant you guys just say both games kick ass? :|
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

YaelDjiel wrote:this is so pointless....
its just like metallica fans posting on megadeth vids saying megadeth sucks (and other way around)
why cant you guys just say both games kick bumbum? :|
Completely offtopic :lol: Yay! for metallica! & yay! for Megadeath =D>
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

there is no A in deth :p
just used that as an example

point is; stop whining, play both games... they're both good :roll:
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:That's where you're wrong, GT also has the cars and the physics, along with a mix of fictional and real-life circuits, the tuning... the damage argument is obsolete now, because GT5 is going to have damage. Otherwise, stop complaining and get over the fact that there's no damage! The fact that there's no damage doesn't define a throw-in-the-bin-worthy game.
Yes, GT has most of the cars that are pretty useless. You tell me who wants to drive a damn nissan micra?
atleast forza has most of the main goody cars then getting the worthless cars....
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Gran Turismo

I started racing games with GT1 & GT2, both paved way to the racing games we have now, but after those two, it was the same thing, over and over and over.
You might say, "they do what they're good at."
But that is wrong, they do what they've always done, mistakes, no one wants to buy the same Skyline R34, ten times, the only differance being a paintjob, no one wants to sort through cars that should be in the junk yard, just to get to the cars they would actually use. In GT1 to GT4, they could have had damage, if they didnt make special races for all of the shiznit cars in those games, and as for the liscenses. What is the point of that? No one wants to spend half of their time playing a game, doing liscense tests, just so they can go out, and race two races, then find out they have to get another liscense. So much stuff in GT was pointless, including about 80%-90% of their cars. Half the tracks were the same, just reversed anyway, so that's more of a waste of space.

Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport basically took where GT2 left off, by changing the way people could play their game, making their own race cars, painting their cars up so well that it can look like an actuall photo, you wouldnt beleive what I have seen on this game, it's almost impossible work. The ability to orginise well structured online racing(something GT will never have). And in Forza2, they just made it even better, more cars, more tracks, more options to do whatever the hell you wanted, make the game your own game, sell paintjobs, sell tuned cars, use the Auction House to do so much more than just race. Keep track of your times, and your friends times through Xbox Live. Play through a stunning, and difficult career racing mode, it is all there, they sorted through the junk cars, and only left what was needed, so there is no sorting through every nook and cranny, just to find that one car you want, and then they completed it, by improving on the upgrades system from Forza1. Forza2 is one of very few sequel games that turned out better than the first, they took racing games to a whole new level, and with such an interactive online community, Forza2 will survive up to the days of Forza3, and beyond. With regular community challenges, tournaments, and races, not to mention a forum full of great people, it is something GT can never mimic or create.

And for online play: Forza1>GT5. Forza2 is in it's own league that GT wont get to when it comes to online, and offline gameplay.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I've played GT since the beginning. I still consider GT2 as one of the best racing games (in his times). The sound, the cars, the graphics.. This game was perfect IMO. I really like GT3 too, but I was a bit disappointed in no damage model. It always claimed to be the driving simulator, but a game where you can hit a wall with 120 km/h and nothing happens.. I don't know. What bugged me the most were the cars. With impressive subtitles like: 'more than 750 cars!' it sounded like this was thé game for carlovers. But it was quite lame. No Ferarri's, no Lamborghini's, no Porsche's.. Those were 3 of the most popular car manufacterer's! It became clear that it were 750 cars, but 500 different models. With over 80 Nissan Skylines this was a bit lame. If they had reduced the car number to, let's say, 400 by removing a lot double models or cars that no one us (Toyota Prius), and than work on a damage model, this game would be way better. But, it looks like GT5 is going to kick major bud again, so I really can't wait for this game! I hope it will be GT2 quality xD.

Forza 2, the number 1 reason why I got my 360, was worth all the money. I'm still busy with the career, it's awesome.. The cars are GREAT, I love every single one of them. Together with the damage model, auction house, SUPER vinyl system (which makes NFS looks like a fool), this is the best racing game ever released to me.. Contra's: bad music soundtrack (cool songs, but I rather enjoyed special written lounge music like GT3 and GT2 had, that was AWESOME), and not really super graphics. Don't get me wrong, Forza 2 looks great, but I thougt my 360 could handle more. Also, it needs more tracks.. The game bored me a lot by racing the same circuits all over again. Luckily, the online scoreboards make racing good times good.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I am thinking of getting a PS3 once GT5 comes out, just to play that 1 game, cause I don't care much about other games I seen so far on the PS3.
But it could be that I don't get it at all if it isn't what I hope it to be.
I don't care much about some of the selling points like, the Incar camera. It something that would keep me opcupied for... well seconds. After that I will go back to the bumper car cause incar cam suck major bumbum.
I personally like to visually tune cars even if it's just the rims. I don't want WBK's on Lamborghini's or cars like that. so for that Forza was great, it had the option of minor body and visual changes without going all out rice.
I also liked that on imports you can get full bodykits etc.
I doubt that GT5 will have a vinyl system, I really starting to love the way it's done in FM2, it's just mindblowing, you can make complete photo's that are almost real.

When I had a PS2 I wanted to get GT4 cause I had the feeling it would be a great game, but the lack of damage and the sh*tloads of useless cars put me off.
I like alot of low spec cars that where on the list. but the amout of double and useless cars was to much, MB's betters spend on other stuff IMO.

Small things in FM2 I really liked where the leaderboards with your rank in the world and how you ranked up against your friends. wich is really nice.
same goes for the Auction house, great place to share your work with the world. And know that somewhere someone might be driving a car you build.... \

Even though you have to pay for the DLC tracks it's still a nice add, to bad they can't be used in careermode cause that is what I play the most.
I don't mind very much that there aren't very much tracks cause it gives me time to perfect the laps and laptimes.

I really doubt at this point you can compare the 2 games cause GT5 isn't out yet.
So we don't know how it really is and what cars are in it etc.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ImJ wrote:Pufft, GT 5 will never own forza, GT is not even like a simulation game -_-!
Simulation = Realism = Damage and controls, only thing i see in GT is controls ¬.¬
but how is it any more realistic to hit a wall and go "bump" with just a dented bumper?
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Actually if you hit a wall in forza 2 depending on the speed you go, the certain amount of damage happens, basicallys it's like pro street
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

ImJ wrote:Pufft, GT 5 will never own forza, GT is not even like a simulation game -_-!
Wow, GT doesn't have damage. GT FAIL! :roll: Get real.
ImJ wrote:Yes, GT has most of the cars that are pretty useless. You tell me who wants to drive a damn nissan micra?
atleast forza has most of the main goody cars then getting the worthless cars....
If you think that the Micra is a useless addition to a game, then you're wrong. Don't you think it's fun for people when they see that the game includes AFFORDABLE IN REAL LIFE cars? Affordable in real life as in ''you might be driving that car yourself and you'd rather do the racing in a game?

A game with only top of the line vehicles is no fun at all, big chance that you won't be driving those cars in real life. How do you determine that the driving is really realistic when all you do is recognize understeer while going into a corner carrying too much speed, in a out-of-reach top of the line racing car that you quite possibly haven't even seen in real life? It's good to recognize familiar things in games.
Lan.Evo.III wrote:Forza2 will survive up to the days of Forza3, and beyond. With regular community challenges, tournaments, and races, not to mention a forum full of great people, it is something GT can never mimic or create.
Holy shizzle! God does exist! :o But that GT would never be capable of matching Forza's strong points doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, Forza (2) is a fantastic game. But seriously, what some people say to support Forza is just utterly crap. Forza has damage, thus Forza > GT. Strangely enough, I didn't see completely crushed vehicles in Forza, it really doesn't look realistic! OH MY GOD FORZA FAIL AT REALISM!!!11 #-o

Both games have their strong points. I personally see Forza as a more hardcore racing game while GT is a more casual game. But I think that GT has a better total package, it's a more complete game. The soundtrack has been fantastic so far, everything looks refined and the atmosphere is so different. It's a game you can really enjoy. Forza's style of graphics don't really suit me, it doesn't look too realistic. But how it uses the online services is incredible so far and the vinyl system is fantastic. As I said, I think this is a more hardcore racing game and it primarily focuses on driving a vehicle around a track. On the end, it depends on what you look for in a game, but isn't it always like that? #-o
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

My only point in all this is, GT hasnt changed one bit since GT2. It's no differant, they havnt done anything differant, except use a somewhat more powerful engine in each game, and then filled it with more useless cars. In my eyes, a simulation has to use cars that racers would actually use to race, I have never heard of, or seen a Nissan Micra race, but hey, maybe they do it.

But, GT is doomed to fail now anyway. Seeing as Forza has provided a great, if not far better alternative, and considering more people will buy a 360, than a PS3. It will be only a matter of time before GT gets dumped off, or become multi-platform, like rumours of MGS becoming multi-platform to increase the profits, because the PS3 is selling horribly.
No matter how good a game is, it wont succeed unless the console it's on does.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

When we bring the useless cars into the equation, sure the countless models of Skylines is stupid, like PSZeta said, people can realistically drive a normal everyday car, and actually feel what it's like. Then for the speed demons you can trick out the performance for your car to suit your driving style. Then of course you have rally cars (and a fair amount of dirt tracks to boot), Group C (along with a Le Mans style 24 hour race to go with them), the Suzuki Escudo (famous for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb), and classic muscle cars. And does it really matter that there isn't a decal system? This is a simulator, not NFS. And the licenses present a degree of difficulty that surpasses both Forzas. And owners of GT4 would know that the last driving mission isn't a walk in the park. Far from it, actually. So there you have it. And GT3-onwards had Porsches, it's just that they were in the form of RUFs, but that's no big deal, because there's still the Boxster and the 911, etc. And then GTHD introduced the fact that there's going to be Ferrari's in the sequel, with the inclusion of the 600 horsepower 599. I do agree that GT5 has a lot to live up to, but it at least gives Forza competition, and damage isn't an issue when it comes to the other aspects of gameplay. And it takes a fair bit of skill to control these cars.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think if they guys at GT make the carlist more balanced it would also become more popular cause in GT4 the mainstay of all cars where Japanese cars ranging from small city hatchbacks like the Nissan Micra and Toyota Yaris (VITZ) (wich btw was used for track racing over here in the Netherlands (Yaris Cup) and if not mistaken the same goes for the Micra.) up to the high end Japanese sportscars, wich isn't at all bad but specially in bottom of the list it's (allmost) all Japanese cars, and only higher up you will find more european and American cars (wich have the smallest amount of cars in the game, but that's not a suprise cause they make the smallest amount of decent sportscars :lol: )

If they balance the amount of US/JPN/EU cars abit more it would become alot better.
Is there a link to a current carlist of GT5 btw?

I did really like that for FM2 Lamborghini was added to the mix, it just made it better, although they aren't the best cars, they do fit in a racegame like that.
And I also love that they kept the real Porsches, having RUF versions in the game isn't bad but it's not really the same... both would be even better :D
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Check out this Forza vs GT vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjQD4MQbe1U
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

If that guy kept on the tarmac, and actually listed differences, it would be a comparing video, but all it is, is a guy who doesnt know where to drive, the tarmac, or the dirt.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

It's probably more of a graphics comparison.. #-o
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Then he might have wanted to upload it in better quality... :lol:
Besides, I will admit, GT: HD will have better graphics, but keep in mind, it has been in development since before the PS3 was released, Forza 3 will have something to look at in the graphic department, and because they didnt wait 'till the dying days of the last generation to make Forza 2. I smell another X360 exclusive.

I will admit, there are some things about GT I miss, but those urges can be filled by a rally game......If only there was a good one out there right now.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

GT5 is apparently incorporating damage because the PS3 can actually cope with damage, unlike the PS2. Forza is a grat game, and I wish gran turismo had it's visual tuning and telemetry (but it does have that race analyze thing) but I'm a Gran Turismo nut. The cars feel more like cars in that game than boats in Forza. I've always found racers to feel better on PS. Also, GT has a wide variety in events, good challenges (challenge series & licence), a massive car list, good tuning and is one of my favourite games ever.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a689 ... -cars.html

:roll: you have to pay for extra car add ons?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

1000 cars does that mean, 150 Skylines and 120 Toyota Supras? and not to forget even more useless cars like the Model T Ford?

Return to “The Games”