Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

well guys, as ive said before I actually signed up for that Promotional video shoot for NFS Pro Street, I just came back from it. its 12 30 am , it took a long time to shoot, about 8 hours long. It was fun though, cuz me and my friend got to play the last beta before the release.

I gotta say, this is one of the best nfs games i ever played. For all those people who said it was too much of an arcade racer, this game is now more leaning on the sim side a bit. You can turn off traction and stability control and race on king difficulty. It gets more realistic that way, thats how the pro drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr. the guy who drives the falken mustang. The modding in the game is insane by the way, alot of things you could tune. The grip racing is really fun too, its amazing that they have all those real tracks and many different variations of it. Oh and im so glad that they are finally letting us mod the m3 e46.

OH and another thing. Luckily the Senior Producer of the game Michael Mann was there and I got to speak to him about the game. For all you guys who are going to be playing this on PC and to whomever played the demo, I let Michael know that something was up with the PC Demo, it didnt run smooth for alot of people. We had to play at the lowest spec and resolution to even get a decent framerate goin. And just like that he made a call to Vancouver to let the black box team know whats up. I feel like i kinda saved the day for PC nfs gamers. lol.

any questions?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by Glopaticki »

Carlist?
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Did you get to do any Drag Racing??

Cheers!!! :)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

VladikRudy0017 wrote:OH and another thing. Luckily the Senior Producer of the game Michael Mann was there and I got to speak to him about the game. For all you guys who are going to be playing this on PC and to whomever played the demo, I let Michael know that something was up with the PC Demo, it didnt run smooth for alot of people. We had to play at the lowest spec and resolution to even get a decent framerate goin. And just like that he made a call to Vancouver to let the black box team know whats up. I feel like i kinda saved the day for PC nfs gamers. lol.

any questions?
Yea, I do have a question.

I thought once the demo is released for the Xbox360 it's gonna be final already? Like, they won't be making any more ammendments to the game or whatsoever until its release day.
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Andre_online wrote:Yea, I do have a question.

I thought once the demo is released for the Xbox360 it's gonna be final already? Like, they won't be making any more ammendments to the game or whatsoever until its release day.
Not necessarily. Many games nowadays shipp with certain bugs that are discovered AFTER playing the demo and they are fixed via Patches. Well at least for PC, i dont know how the Xbox thingy goes.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

True. But it seems to me that Carbon patches are bull. They didn't fix anything at all to the game. Nothing rectified. :x
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Andre_online wrote:True. But it seems to me that Carbon patches are bull. They didn't fix anything at all to the game. Nothing rectified. :x
Hehehe, cant tell you about that. I didnt try carbon, but i agree that most of the times the first patches fix nearly nothing in the PC games.

Dragin' is my crack!!!
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

ya i got to play drag racing. Its cool you can choose quarter mile or half miles and others. Just so you guys know this Senior Producer is the same guy who made Most Wanted.
Matija442
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Matija442 »

hey what about that curcuit grip mode like thingy called sector shooting or smthing what about that??have you played that and is it annoying or fun?
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+(3.01Ghz)
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS(320mb)
2Gb RAM
2 350Gb hard drives
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

not sure what your exactly talking about. Ive played grip on circuits, its really fun, more realistic and really cool cuz you can turn off traction and stability control. But overall this game is fun, you just need to get used to it. Oh and for those people how never use their brakes, good luck hitting a wall and still making it out of there like nothing happened. This game takes skill. Oh and i played it with some logitech wheel for the 360, it was okay, but it didnt have force feedback on that wheel and it was only 180 degrees of turning. I think it woulda been more fun using the G25 wheel.
Matija442
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Matija442 »

well i heard theres a speed mode or something called sector shooting where you have to idk be fastest on certain sector..just like speed only on circuit
2Gb RAM
2 350Gb hard drives
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Yes, ive read somewhere that there is a variant in the Grip mode that is called Sector Shooting (or something like that) and aparently the main goal is to have the fastest time in the chosen sector. There was an article written here in NFS unlimited. Let me check if i can find it for ya.

Here i found it.

This is what bojan wrote on the article:
Bojan wrote:Grip, as you probably know from the demo, is more or less basic circuit racing with a few spinoffs like sector shootout which is a circuit race, except you have to get the best score on several parts of the track. This could be tricky as some tracks have a few fast straight sectors and a few slow full of turns. It means that you'll have to make some compromises when selecting your car and taking all sectors will be pretty hard. For winning the race you don't need all the sectors however. Circuit racing has changed a lot from the previous NFS games though. The "pedal to the metal I don't even know where brakes are" strategy will take you to the first turn where you will hit a wall and probably total your car. You will have to find out the best driving line, apply the brakes in front of every turn and then carefully accelerate when exiting the turn. That is of course on highest difficulty level. On lowest the old strategy will still work as the assists will break for you. Either way the speed feels good as soon as you start upgrading your car (first few races will feel a bit too slow though) and is overall a very decent race type.

The full article can be found HERE.

Hope that helps out.

Moderator note:
PLEASE EDIT YOUR POSTS
Instead of double posting!
Dragin' is my crack!!!
Matija442
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Matija442 »

yes i know about that article i was just asking VladikRudy have he played it...cos it kinda seems annoying
2Gb RAM
2 350Gb hard drives
Tsarg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tsarg »

Yeah, you wont see me online doing many grip races, and even less the sector shootout's. Thank the maker for the Drag events!!!

Cheers!!! ;)
Dragin' is my crack!!!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

it seems it's looking good....

But LET'S WAIT TO THE FINAL RELEASE in order to judge it guys...
A demo is a demo....you can't get the full experience from it :wink:

Xturbo.
VladikRudy0017
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VladikRudy0017 »

Lol xturbo. They only played the demo but I have actually played the full game. Check out what I wrote in the first post on this topic.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

did you see an pontiac solstice in there anywhere?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Its in one of the vids floating around
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

buts its never been seen and mentioned anyhere else except that video.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Neh, they scrapped it, cause they realised it was way to ugly for a NFS game. :lol:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

good one.

are there bonus cars in the game?
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="Fishwhiz"]good one.

are there bonus cars in the game?[/quote]

there is but there different organizations hv different type of bonus cars to let u choose

and i think i found a bug for pc is that when i run ps they say i hv insert the wrong cd so i press retry and sometimes it appear again and i press retry than it will run ps
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I find it weird that they have the GTR PROTO and the GTR (R35). Why?
Realmasta69
Stock
Stock

Post by Realmasta69 »

tell u the truth, they should have added a replay. i mean who doesnt want to watch a car crash over and over again watchin parts fly out xD

they should have kept working on it like Super Smash Bros Brawl. im pretty sure NFS or EA didnt have enough time to do all that in a yr.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

Replay is not that important in online mode, but I do like to see whether you can rotate and pan camera viewport to look at your car in different angles, it's NOTHING in technical term, just don't know why EA never added this. I'm not a fan of the extremely fake smoke at all, and frankly the graphics is horrible compared wih most other 3D games nowadays, take World in Conflict for example, the complexity and sheer volume of objects in the scene is hundreds if not thousands of times more than a racing game, and the near photo realistic graphics is much smoother than the choppy prostreet. I thought it is the poor porting from the xbox version, but it seems that most reviews suggest even the console versions are ugly and sluggish, there you are then. Frankly, apart from a renewed somewhat a little better physics module, everything else has either gone backwards or not improved/changed at all, that's what you get when EA chucks out one NFS title every single year and tells you that it has been under development for more than 2 years, how did they spend the 2 years then, drinking coffee? They could've done a better job by taking the Most Wanted framework, change the physics and add more performance customisation options, that'll do for me.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU

Return to “ProStreet”