React performance threads?...

Official react hangout for all react racing organization related and any other discussions.
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

React performance threads?...

Post by XJ220 »

Hi peeps (1st post on the forum yay :P), I've had some ideas since I joined react...

I remember how on the "old" prostreet website you could see lots of press and stuff about performance tuning (turbo vs supercharger,etc...), and I thought that maybe we could do just that on the performance part of the forum.

You know,starting with "general" things about performance tuning and then, when prostreet comes out, posting setup guides and that kind of things...

I tell you guys about this because it might be considered spam or something :lol: , but I think that it will take us even further than the other orgs (hell,the only "complete" org websites right now are nitrocide and us...), and it also could help the people who dont know **** about mechanics but want to make their own blueprints.

Sooo... What's your opinion? :P

ps:btw,i would probably copy some of the performance reviews from other sites,im very lazy :oops: (i will do some myself tho)
Kyezee
Ricer
Ricer

Re: React performance threads?...

Post by Kyezee »

good idea but even if you had stuff like that to help the people who dont know anything you might aswell just send them a recommended blueprint eg Turbo vs super charger etc you could send them a blueprint of it so its saves time. i know what you mean by making their own blueprints etc but if the performance guys can mod a car so it goes right up to the cars limit then what would be the point in putting it in someone elses hands who would make it that much less faster easier to handle etc. but on a good note it is a good idea if someone wants to mod the cars but doesnt know much about it then a good way to learn from it so in a race sense bad idea in a learning sense good idea and if this made any sense good :D :wink:
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Yeah, I was thinking mostly about people who want to get some knowledge about this, and people who roughly know about "what's under the hood", but want to know more (basically, I'm going for the new generation of performance geeks lol)

ps: and it always feels better when you win with your own blueprint (unless you are in a team and you work with them on the setup...then its a team effort :P)
Kyezee
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kyezee »

yeah good idea then the more we get people to learn about the performance tuning in pro street the more they can discuss test and effectively make the cars speeds go sky high :D so good idea then =D> anyone else opinion about it or am i only 1 alive?? :lol:
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i like this idea once i get something to run this game im making a 1000hp S15 :mrgreen:
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

idea= +1
Realy interesting im shure alot of peoples will have help from other and will help to others :P

I would like to build 400 500 hp trueno for drifting thats only what i need :P
or 1000 and more hp corvet.
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Heh, thanks for the support guys =D>

(btw pigi, I posted on ur thread, urs is a nice idea too)
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

^^
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Ok, it looks like people like it, so now I guess I need green light from diesel... I still dont want to fill his forums if he doesnt want to :lol:
diesel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by diesel »

sounds very good, maybe we could even have a members only wiki to share perfomances setups and tips...
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Good ^^ hehe. Well,like I said in the chat,the wiki would probably be useful when the game comes out (like you said,for sharing setup info),until then,I prepared a series of articles about real (mostly japanese,thats where we "come from" :P) performance tuning,maybe I could post those or something...

Ps:they are about: Turbo vs Supercharger, variable valve timing (such as VTEC), the ATTESA-ETS system (on the skylines,mostly because of all the myths that people believe about it...), the rotary engine (hell,if we are supossed to come from japan,there will be a lot of mazda boys...), and I think that's it for the moment,they should be an interesting read hehe :P
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Sounds cool... but ill have my cars only for showing off with colors and vinyls, so... something for everybody!
diesel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by diesel »

such articles sound awesome. we could put them on the site and list them as the first news post ;)
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Well...I was thinking more about the performance section on the forum,or maybe a separate section,clogging up the news with things some people may not even want to see...well,I don't know,I've got these articles ready so it's your call,I'd be happy to put them anywhere here :mrgreen:

(btw, TS-X, I think I know what you mean... But hell, I'm doing that myself, if any of you guys want to do any articles about visual styling or that kind of thing, I'm sure they would be also accepted without any problems at all... It's just that I only know about performance heh, I'm not an artist :( )
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

about ure idea diesel! emm about list of members.
Im IN realy u can add me there if u guys will make this list.
I will creat drift settings. In LFS im good mechanik i made great sets for drift cars.
For other type of racing i dunno what bether :P
So my help will work only for drifters. ^^
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

If any one can help me
i need a perfect drift viper
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

when i will have game i will try make somthing special good for u ^^
emp3ror86
Ricer
Ricer

Post by emp3ror86 »

This topic is good, the idea is great!
Creating a wiki site, some sort of "tuning tips" would be even greater:D
I know a few things about cars, and what is under the hood, so I say let"s do it:)
XJ220
Ricer
Ricer

Post by XJ220 »

Crap...sorry for digging up this "old" thread,some exams kept me busy :roll: . I will start with the articles now,I'll post them around as I finish them,I hope the wiki thing works out tho,it would be much easier for everyone :P

Cya!
pigi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pigi »

:( hope to see u soon.

Return to “react Headquarters”