NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kaerar »

@Fishwiz - The 4WD cars like the Cossie are great early on but suffer from horrendous understeer later on. The only one I have found that doesn't do this so far is the Mitsubishi Evo X. Its still pretty good with full lvl3 gear.

Personally I still have the 240SX as my Grip car as well as a Silvia. Silvia has a lot more horsepower and is basically similar in handling to the 240SX (which has to have the best handling of all the cars I have used so far). I just got an NSX which seems to be really well balanced and I keep my Cossie for high speed ovals and so on. Probably gonna replace that with a Zonda or a Porsche GT2 soon.

As for Drag you need to tune your GT500 beast a bit for wheelies. Some cars do them easy and others are harder. Lower the rear tire pressures and stiffen the rear roll bar for starters. You may want to soften the rear suspension a little too. To do the wheelie make sure you get at least a 50% grip bonus and then use NOS early if you are having problems keeping the nose up. 2nd or 3rd gear is a good time to NOS if you are in trouble. If you can wait until 4th/5th or 6th then you're doing well.

As for the LS well I guess its more EA padding cos they didn't have enough cars. Like the Mustang GT and the GT500. Or the GTR-Proto and the GT-R. Or the Golf GTi and the Golf R32. Or the Audi S4 and the Audi RS4.....
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

thanks man! but normally in a collectors edition they put a better version of a car in the game- like in the game normally have an s4 but for a collectors edition put an rs4, thats fine, but who would get a collectors edtion for a cheaper version of the car? btw i think the collectors editon price is way too high, i mean look at motorstorms dlc, $5 for the whole package, and its not like the collectors edition comes with an exclusive disc like the last 2, and that is what makes sense in paying more for.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Found another cheat btw:

ONLINESUBARU& - Gives you the WRX for free in the car lot. You can also purchase as many as you like before going into a race. Seeing as they sell for 12K a pop you could make a bit of dough.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

ahmad0410 wrote:Anyone knows how to download image from needforspeed.com? I clicked on download image but it only download a .jsp file instead of any image file. Any help is very much appreciated. :)
So anyone gonna answer my question?
mekdts
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mekdts »

ur nan?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Ha ha ha, I laughed. Next.

Anyway, saw the "energizer lithium expander pack" tab in http://www.needforspeed.com . Anyone notice it too? Maybe they'll put in even more cars.. lol EA.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It may just unlock the Energizer Lithium themed Dodge Viper. You know, the one we know the cheatcode to unlock...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Called my Ebgames up just to double check about my preorder and such then they say 'we have every other platform for pro street in store now, Xbox 360 won't be avaliable till 28th' so? whats up with the X360 version.. :|
mekdts
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mekdts »

i want the s2000 man cant anyone hack the game so we can use those extra cars??? :lol:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

A friend of mine has XP and he wants to play PS.
When he double-click the .exe,the game starts but in 30 secs the window it's closed showing the "Don't send" error.What can he do?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

low system specs
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

taz947 wrote:A friend of mine has XP and he wants to play PS.
When he double-click the .exe,the game starts but in 30 secs the window it's closed showing the "Don't send" error.What can he do?
Buy a new computer :wink:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

wtf?! He has the same specs as here,only that he has XP.

Mine:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1 Gb RAM Kingston
256 mb N-Vidia G-Force 6200 LE Cache Edition( he has 6600)
Mathematics
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mathematics »

taz947 wrote:wtf?! He has the same specs as here,only that he has XP.

Mine:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1 Gb RAM Kingston
Has he tried launching Autoplay.exe? It workedfor me even though dircetly launching the game didn't
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

LOW CPU GHZ :wink:
Just overclock it and see what can happen.
OR
The video card is way too old lol

Xturbo.
Mathematics
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mathematics »

xturbo wrote:LOW CPU GHZ :wink:
Just overclock it and see what can happen.
OR
The video card is way too old lol

Xturbo.
What can happen is a dead processor, an unstable OS, artifacts during games and a lot of other nasty crap.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

liek omg i just got a "free car" reward, and i want to use it on a pagani zonda f. would the $715,000 some dollar pagani be better for speed challenge with its supercar speed, or grip? i want a fast grip car because i need one more car before i take on g-effect, which i unlocked.

but if another car is better for any of the two modes i am looking for tell me, like the murcilago lp640 or the gt2.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

if you really want the zonda, use it for speed chall
elise ftw in grip
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

taz947 wrote:wtf?! He has the same specs as here,only that he has XP.

Mine:
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1 Gb RAM Kingston

you sure his driver is up to date ¬.¬?
Explicit signature removed.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I. Suck. At. Top Speed/Speed challenges.

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I'm trying to dominate all racedays and I can't seem to win these darn things (especially the ones in Nevada Desert). I drive a (almost) maxed out LP640. I've tried messing with the suspension but it never ends up helping much. I always end up flying off the road because of a turn or trying to avoid another car... And when I manage to finish, there is always someone faster than me.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

I suck at speedchalenges too. I have a Evo IX and I'm winning really close, like down to few km/h or seconds.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I encountered my 1st HARD raceday ... 1st r3ACT raceday, with those GTOs, I restarted the Sector Shootout 10 times, in order to finish 1st. Haven't played a Speedchallenge yet, from what I see @ Zero , they are nasty ... always said those bumps in the road are pesky >_<
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

Hows that? First react day is easy i think. Btw, pick the G35 for drags if you dont have a good dragcar.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

already chosen the GTO, sold it in an instance. I already own the e46 M3 for drags :) soon it will be replaced with an Supra .. japanese only garage :)
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

@Zero260

I don't know how the situation is once you race Murcielagos and the likes of that, since I still haven't unlocked them (still in the second racing org). So far I have invested in a Supra for speed challenge purposes. The first race I did was easy. I barely upgraded it. But I soon needed quite some upgrades to keep up with the pack. I skipped right to lvl 3 parts and dominated the second race. But already the third I was having problems again. Quite frustrated to not be able to crunch cars with up 2-300 bhp less than my Supra, I decided to get my hands oily and start tuning for the specific track.. an excellent practice for any type of race, really. What I did (and always do for any speed challenge and grip races) was to do practice runs and tune the car over and over and over again. I do the first run slowly, learning the track and where the hazardous curves are, and then tune the car little by little. By tuning the car, I don't mean suspensions and handling, but rather engine block and, most importantly, gear ratios.. At first I thought.. this is speed.. put everything to tall and sit back, blast past the others.. but then I soon realized that the tracks didn't allow me to utilize my car to its fullest potential.. I actually had to tune it down in order to max out my 6th gear, which ultimately produced way more speed at a way more constant rate..
So, to recapitulate.. learn the track and tune your car for each track ;).. then and only then will you have the best results.. and you will be most likely be able to crunch any competition out there.. I know I do :P

Return to “ProStreet”