NFSPS PC version issues

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSPS PC version issues

Post by Bojan »

The dev team would like to know about any issues in Need for Speed ProStreet so they can prepare a patch.
They are already aware of the occasional lags and choppiness of the game, have you encountered any other issues. Post them here, we will forward them on.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSPS PC version issues

Post by YaelDjiel »

rims are sometimes displayed in wrong size/color
wheels bounce in weird ways in staging areas/race cutscenes
brake discs/calipers dont show up properly ingame (fine in menu though) rear ones are displayed as stock.

they should add the possiblity to skip cutscenes

EDIT: brakelights are bugged.... dont go on 90% of the time.. :?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

lack of replay mode as well...

Yael said that brake discs doesn't show up sometimes...that's true.

I'm having some lag issues specially in some drift races.
Also there are some weird camera angles....
I hope they can fix that....
mmm
what else.......
OH some AI cars are tresspasing the ground, I mean that sometimes the AI wheels are like "under" the pavement...

Xturbo.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Camera issues is number one in m opinion, sometimes when i am going downhill or something, i cant even see the road, its only visible through hood or bumper cam.

Skipping cutscenes would be nice too.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

I don't know if this appears in the PC as well, but the smoke sometimes appears to be in the car itself. :lol:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Skyline_man wrote:Camera issues is number one in m opinion, sometimes when i am going downhill or something, i cant even see the road, its only visible through hood or bumper cam.
Definitely the most annoying thing indeed: camera angle when driving downhill.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Skyline_man wrote:Camera issues is number one in m opinion, sometimes when i am going downhill or something, i cant even see the road, its only visible through hood or bumper cam.

Skipping cutscenes would be nice too.
That's exactly what i was poiting to. Thanks Skyline_man =D>
The camera somehow is like the Most Wanted "pulled" one, P on default...
It annoying bc as you said, sometimes and especially on the Nevada Desert with those hills, going at high speed and not seeing very well where are you landing, can lead to a totalled car.

Oh and smoke "inside" the car also is a nasty glitch.

Xturbo.
gagtooth
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gagtooth »

The vinyl editor is so slow its unbelievable. Make it faster so I can create some awesome designs :D
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

A bug I want fixed is when you will do some race like Timeattack, etc your car moves, but wheels don't move!
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

a good patch would be finish the unfinished cars and insert them by downloading or dunno ·_.
oh and
going at high speed and not seeing very well where are you landing, can lead to a totalled car.

Oh and smoke "inside" the car also is a nasty glitch.
idem to that
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

hmm thinking about it a bit more..
i'd like better support for controllers...
my rumblepad2 just doesnt feel analogue enough :(

also, something that would really help when testing in drag
when restarting it should start at the 3.2.1 not at the burnout thing
really annoying having to do the burnouts over and over when you just want to test some minor changes to your setup

and why is it not possible to install exhausts on stock kits wtf is up with that?
i know these 2 are not PC specific, but just figured i'd add..
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

I get this weird sidewall texture on the tyres. Just one section where it looks like the tread had bled onto the sidewall but I have to run the game on very low graphics so....

Also my rumble pad needs better support! As does my MOMO wheel!! I want to be able to adjust things like sensitivity and deadzone! My wheels steering in the game is not sensitive enough...

also I'm all for the replay option and skipping cut scenes. If I kill the competition in say the first round of Drag racing, I'd like to be able to skip the next two races if I choose to do so.

Sometimes when I upgrade to a better bodykit and I try setting it up in the windtunnel it has no effect on the lateral downforce at all. Not sure if this is a bug... I'll try think of more
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

when ever i put smoke on it lags to much, my card is meant to handle the game all on high on 1280 res but it lags, i have to play on 1024 :/

and yes like djiel said about the brake disk, each time i do level 1 / 2 / 3 it dont show it : D :D

one more thing, make the custom racing seats go on the other seat beside the driver seat :lol:
Explicit signature removed.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've noticed on the X360 version dunno if it stands for PC though but on the 03' ford mustang when using the stock rims and you make the rim lip deeper the brakes disappear.
YaelDjiel wrote:why is it not possible to install exhausts on stock kits wtf is up with that?
i know these 2 are not PC specific, but just figured i'd add..
I ask the same thing.... :)
Last edited by race_invader on 01 Dec 2007, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I'd also vote for the rearlights, that don't work, break discs aren't always visible, when they are, are showed up as stock. Oh, the camera, if the car is too big(eg. Evo X) can't see the road ahead, just like Skyline_man said, you must look through the rear window. The rims get other colors in drifts ... and the most important they have to do something about the lags.
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

ahmad0410 wrote:I don't know if this appears in the PC as well, but the smoke sometimes appears to be in the car itself. :lol:
yes i was racing aki kimura and in the previeuw u saw him drifting but the smoke was infront of the car :lol:
see that many times on othere things to

i dont know how but the integra is always free for me when i buy it
cost: 0

and if they bring a patch out bring the cars that cparty found in it to i like the mclaren f1 very much

and another thing isn t a bug but the kings are to easy not ryo but the drag king only runs high 9 or low 10 on the 1/4 mile if u play othere drag races u see peeps driving an 8.5 bit strange
and so for joe tackett he still entering almost evry drag competition with his civic 270hp he runs low 13 againt players who drive under 9sec :lol:

and when i go autosculp the stock kit of my rx-7 the headlights dissapeer for some reason and i can see the tires and a part of the engine :?

glop(english is not that good :wink: )
Last edited by GLoPJe on 01 Dec 2007, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

1) One thing that really, truely annoys me is like some people already said - the goddamn camera angle. I was racing grip king with my Evo X and It was in somesord of a hill track, like up and down, up and down. So i went downhill and thank god that Evo X has so big windows, because I just had to look through there.
2) Another thing is that when you look your wheels from the other side (inner) you just see the tire (rubber) and you can see through the rims and the whole wheel.
3) Some cars which have front wheels smaller than the rear wheels (supra), their front wheels are lifted off the ground.
4) The commentator sometimes says wrong names. Like Joe Tackett isn't racing and he says: "Joe Tackett is the favourite here. Oww, hes cookin up those tires" or something.

That's about it from me.
Frenzy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Frenzy »

ON one of the mondello drift tracks, the fake ai car in front of you drives straight through the barrier at the first turn making it look like that is the correct way to go..

Loads of dodgy things happening on low and medium car detail, ie rx7 missing heads, tire tread mapping is messed up.

Supra has no driver in drags on all detail levels.

Smoke is drawn in front of people on cutscenes. ie person should be infront of smoke, but it looks like he is behind it.

I can't turn on world shadows even though my card is SM3 compliant (ati x1600). Well I can
but it doesn't show up.

Brake lights don't work.

The far camera is bugged when going downhill, and it's the best camera too.
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

add an option to run the game in windowed mode when the resolution is 640x480 or 800x60 ^^
bde93
Stock
Stock

Post by bde93 »

My G25 wheel pedals have some deadzone issues, no reaction til the pedals are some way down. Need ingame calibration menu.

Can't turn off smoke on other vehicles when I've turned off smoke.

Can't turn off car reflection like on previous NFS to help with fps. Need more graphics detail control (even though I'm getting a 8800GT next week I hope :D )

Will be back for more...
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

some cars hanle less than adequate, I've been arguing with some guys on the ign reivew site to defend the PS title, but really, the steering response sensitivity should be enhanced, not everyone is using wheels, so add more sensititiy to keyboard users will help. At it stands now,it's not easy to get over steer from any car, even those with rwd, especially when you consider a lot of them can be upgraded to 800 - 900 bhp, that's just not good enough for a game claim to be pro-sim. Bear in mind that most of the cars are not like mercs that traction control is always on even you supposedly turned it off. SO, EA, I like the game very much, but I will like this game even more if you sort out the steering reaction and physics short comings.

By the way, I don't know whether the real car does this, but if you crashed off the front bumper of the E92 bmw m3, look at the front wheels when turning, you can clearly see that the far side wheels always turns much later than the near side wheel, have a look if you don't know what I mean. I know NFS is a semi-sim game, but this is a bit rediculous, the bmw E92 and porche gt2 handle like a brik on a skating ground.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

everything on the cars except for the tail lights disappear
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I have notice that nobody has mentioned the horrendous mesh texture issues on most cars.

The positioning of the rear wings on the Cossie (its not a hatchback is a sedan!!!). It should be the same as the 240SX for rear wing positioning.

The inertia bump when a key is pressed. It is too great and on certain system configs seems to affect performance of the car. My friend is unable to accelerate when the car inertia bumps for instance.

The meaning of drag and downforce are misleading in the modding of the front downforce areas. Diffusers have the same if not more affect on the downforce too which is not taken into account.

Going to the cinema so will give rest of list when back :D
mrk252
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrk252 »

Very annoying thing that can ruin your race is, that in Texas world speedway, drag track, the lights are lifted up. It goes like:

yellow = air
yellow
yellow
yellow = GO!!

Now this can seriously ruin your race if you are watching the lights (like me).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ugh...double posting...

Ya anyways it's a good point there Gavh2...reflections also kills my old PC..but nothing to my new PC LOL.. 8)

Return to “ProStreet”