Last level before grip king

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
titon
Ricer
Ricer

Last level before grip king

Post by titon »

I´m stuck in the last level before grip king. In race day events I got the first places in the three grip events, but in the two sector shootout and time attack I got the second place and not dominate the event! The computer scores absurds times in these events! I used my preferred (Evo X). I have tried other grip cars: subaru, elise, gt2, nissan skyline (all the three) but without success. Anybody can help me?
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Re: Last level before grip king

Post by ahmad0410 »

I also used Evo X and now I'm the Grip King. Firstly you wanna go and find out what are their timings. And then go on to practice and try to beat that timing. Try not to use nitrous on the first lap, use that on the 2nd and 3rd lap, especially on straights, and try to follow the track's arrow as accurately as possible.
titon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by titon »

Thanks bro. I´ll try. Anybody else have a trick for me?

Thanks...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Get an Rx-8 and tune it to the tracks..
titon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by titon »

Do you help me about tuning the cars? I´m a novice in a advanced tunning of cars..

Thanks...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Alright. I'm no master in tuning, but this is what worked for me. Try with adjusting the first 6 options in the Suspension settings all the way to the right - hard/stiff settings. Drop your car low - Ride height to the left. Add some tire pressure for better grip.
In the engine department put your cam timings towards retard for bendy tracks and towards advanced for the more smooth tracks. Both turbos should be boosted all the way. Personally I like high pressure and jettison rate for Nitrous, but it's an individual choice.
Now.. for the fun part.. gear ratios. For the curvy tracks, shorten all the gears as much as possible, including final drive. This should help you accelerate much faster and get small bursts of speed between the curves. For the less curvy tracks, you'll want to let your car stretch its legs, so bring up the gears until they trace a falling curve, so that the first gear is as long as it gets, the second is 4-5 clicks left of it, the third is 3-4 clicks left of the second and so on, until the sixth gear lands somewhere in the middle. I don't remember final drive, but I believe I left it where it was. Try that. If you redline, make your final drive a little longer.. What you strive for with gear ratios - and this is important and applies to every track - is to tune them so you get to go through ALL your gears and just TOUCH the red line on the sixth gear on the longest straight of any given track.
titon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by titon »

=D> , the tunning teacher! Thank you very much!

Greets...
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

You're welcome :). This is of course a very boiled-down, straight to the point explanation.. I could waste pages on technical explanations, but I reckoned they were not, what you were interested in =). Anyway, good luck!

Return to “ProStreet”