How this effect is possible ?

2003 Need for Speed Underground
fv
Ricer
Ricer

How this effect is possible ?

Post by fv »

Please look at my screenshot and tell me how do I make such effect ?
The car is shiny, like metallic and vinyl that normally is white now has some transparency. This is beautifull and I'd like to use similar effect on my car.

My graphic card is Radeon 9100 and game version is 1.3.0. Screenshot was taken online and I've seen many, many people with that effect.
Attachments
piaa-blue.jpg
(10.23 KiB) Downloaded 1732 times
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

Maybe the car is shiny because you used a metallic paint. And maybe the car vinyl has some transparency because you changed the vinyl color.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

With perllesceant paint the vinyls color get similar to principal paint.
I mean: you have a blue car with paint level 3 (perl.) So a white vinyl will look as cyan (75%vinyl color, 25% base color)
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

[quote="Dani350z"]With perllesceant paint the vinyls color get similar to principal paint.
I mean: you have a blue car with paint level 3 (perl.) So a white vinyl will look as cyan (75%vinyl color, 25% base color)[/quote]

I'm just plain STUPID :) I overlooked menu on top of screen that changes between Gloss, Metallic and Perlescent. It only works with mouse.

For anyone that doesn't see yet: when you choose basic body color, there's text on top saying "Gloss Paint" with near arrows. Just click on those arrows :)

Oh my oh my, I need to focus more ;>
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

thats for shure!!!!! ewerybody knows about paint=)))))
OoCraigoO
Stock
Stock

Post by OoCraigoO »

well first off when i played the game i didnt then i worked it out haha
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

[quote="exonn"]thats for shure!!!!! ewerybody knows about paint=)))))[/quote]

Oh no, not everyone! Take a look at cars design from online racers. I'm saying I'm stupid because I finished game at least 10 times and never thought this is paint. I was looking for hidden vinyls :>

By the way: I've seen people having Unique Vynil + other vinyl - how is that possible ? This is harder, cause it's locked in a game.

Return to “Underground”