NFS 12 Car Wishlist

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Re: NFS 12 Car Wishlist

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Dude, if you drove on a Motorway in the UK, you'd realise that no matter what speed you are doing, and no matter what car you are driving, you will always be overtaken by a 1.2 litre Corsa :oops:

Or an AstraVan - Vauxhall/Opel make the fastest vehicles on the road :lol:
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

To all those who don't like Tuners, please read the recipe below:

1 Toyota Supra + £100.000 = A car thats faster than a Veyron, sounds like a bargain to me.

It's been done people...

Supercars are often "Tuned" to go GT racing anyway, so there. :P
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

A toyota Supra is often considered as 1 of Japans supercars, together with the Skyline GTR and the Honda NSX

All 3 are pretty high end sportscars.
I don't really call them standard "Tuners"
They aren't real cheap also, when to where anything but cheap eighter.

And if a car can be fast in a streight line, it doesn't mean it can go around a track just as fast.
Every car has it's limitations, a small 2.0 sportscar will most likely not be able to beat a high end (stock) sportscar in all events no matter how much money you put into it.
I really doubt that if I put 100K into my Civic Type-R that it will be able to beat a Enzo or something like it (and being able to normally use it on the road again)

@Darren,
LOL, those pesky Corsa always overtake us all.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Atominist wrote:To all those who don't like Tuners, please read the recipe below:

1 Toyota Supra + £100.000 = A car thats faster than a Veyron, sounds like a bargain to me.

It's been done people...

Supercars are often "Tuned" to go GT racing anyway, so there. :P
Exact-a-mundo, my friend. If you guys don't like tuners, play the classic NFS games. Bitching bout them won't make it go away in the currect games.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

No one's bitching here, so mind your wording, if you please. And if you don't, mind it anyway. Secondly, in case you hadn't noticed, a decade has passed since the first NFS games with the cars people are asking for. Everything has moved on since then and nobody wants to play DOS-like games with bs physics anymore. Especially, when people have already played through them before. As such, it is perfectly in the norm to point out a wish for the old content in the new package. I don't want to play early NFS to drive a 360 Modena! I want PS graphics and physics AND the 360 Modena! You can have it for your crappy ass plastic cars, why can't we have it for real cars?
But hey, all things considered, I'm looking forward to a time in a few years, when tuners will be yesterday and the exotics will be back. A time, when you'll be doing the whining and the rest of us can tell you to go back and play NFSU and PS.. Exotics are never really gone. They might have been a little in the background since FnF came out, but as steady a regression as the movies have gone through, so has the entire tuning scene. It's obvious, not only from these posts demanding the return of the exotics, but also from the car lists in the games. NFSU and U2 didn't really have exotics. MW started to bring them back, and their presence only increased in Carbon and Pro Street. Sure, some of the exotics in Pro Street aren't finished, but they are there, which makes them part of the list.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to love tuners. Hell, you don't even have to like them. But you must respect them. Hey, they could not have showed up at all, which would cause the Underground series to be nonexistent, which would also stop the Need for Speed series cold after Hot Pursuit 2 (unless EA had other ideas in mind). As half-assed as they are compared to a stock LP640, they really did bring in a wider fanbase since Underground 1's release (hence, my registration in this site).

So no matter how much you despise tuners in terms of specs or reputation, you should give them some credit for bringing the franchise to what it is today, out-doing Forza Motorsport (barely), Gran Turismo (again, barely), Ridge Racer, and most Racers you would find in an arcade.* Yes, the exotics have started the franchise, but it's about how you can continue said franchise. If you can't keep it going for longer, then it won't matter when it started at all.

P.S.: To some people who recognized that I didn't put Burnout in that list, Need for Speed, has not been, is not, and possibly never will be, as good as Burnout.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Of course, your point is well taken. However, I still don't see myself respecting an entire concept just because it forwarded a racing game franchise! So the point you are trying to make is more like.. "respect EA for storming the scene and exploiting a concept brought into the daylight by a movie like FnF, which appealed to the masses in a big way", rather than "respect a concept that has lived for decades, which was only recently discovered by the masses, because it made for a nice twist in the franchise and allowed the game to survive."
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The First Underground was a nice twist from the prev NFS games, especially because I found NFS HP2 to be a pretty bad game (pretty boring and a very unrealistic pursuit mode and more)
And even though I did/do not like the ricer scene, I did like the game.
Because it was something very diffirent, but still was a game that was fast paced and had a nice fun factor.
U2 was a big disapointment for me cause I hoped they continued and improved on with the what I tought succes of Undeground (fast racing, sportscars low-mid (hopes for high) end, great tracks semi realistic tuning)
But instead EA had a other idea of what the succes of the game was (and most would agree with EA there) so they made it a huge tuner game with massive amounts of useless and horrible parts that fell right of a spaceship.

I personally have nothing against tuner cars, or to be more specific there are plenty of low(er) ens sports cars that I do like.
Man I even drive a tuner, to be more specific my '04 Civic Type-R is one of the local ricers wet dream.
So I don't mind a wide selection of cars, ranging from GTI's, civic's to Lamborghini's and Dodge Chargers.
But I don't want the rediculous overriced bodyparts that EA created in the past, or the useless and horrible roofscoops that EA just don't want to get rid off, or the stupid storylines that have no story in them. (U1 was kinde funny but that's about it.)

About the car wishlist.

I can't name em all, I got a list with well over 500 cars in them but I'm not going to post it. :mrgreen:
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

TheStig wrote:The First Underground was a nice twist from the prev NFS games, especially because I found NFS HP2 to be a pretty bad game (pretty boring and a very unrealistic pursuit mode and more)
And even though I did/do not like the ricer scene, I did like the game.
Because it was something very diffirent, but still was a game that was fast paced and had a nice fun factor.
U2 was a big disapointment for me cause I hoped they continued and improved on with the what I tought succes of Undeground (fast racing, sportscars low-mid (hopes for high) end, great tracks semi realistic tuning)
But instead EA had a other idea of what the succes of the game was (and most would agree with EA there) so they made it a huge tuner game with massive amounts of useless and horrible parts that fell right of a spaceship.

I personally have nothing against tuner cars, or to be more specific there are plenty of low(er) ens sports cars that I do like.
Man I even drive a tuner, to be more specific my '04 Civic Type-R is one of the local ricers wet dream.
So I don't mind a wide selection of cars, ranging from GTI's, civic's to Lamborghini's and Dodge Chargers.
But I don't want the rediculous overriced bodyparts that EA created in the past, or the useless and horrible roofscoops that EA just don't want to get rid off, or the stupid storylines that have no story in them. (U1 was kinde funny but that's about it.)

About the car wishlist.

I can't name em all, I got a list with well over 500 cars in them but I'm not going to post it. :mrgreen:
I agree with you on the ricer subject.
offtopic* I thought you sold the EP3
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Nope not yet, it is planned though, but I'm still not sure what to get in return, I love the car, but I need a new car for work and I don't want to drive the Civic for alot of miles a year, cause it's not a cheap car to use for alot of miles.
Now the question basicly is, get a bigger diesel for work that I can also use for stuff not work related, but it has to be a tad sporty (as far as sporty diesels go) or get a small sportscar and get a new diesel for work cause the 206 HDI is getting high on miles now and really has to be replaced, or keep the EP3 and get a new small diesel for work... hmm.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

me id keep the EP3 and get a new small diesel car. the EP could be made into a track car or something
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to love tuners. Hell, you don't even have to like them. But you must respect them. Hey, they could not have showed up at all, which would cause the Underground series to be nonexistent, which would also stop the Need for Speed series cold after Hot Pursuit 2 (unless EA had other ideas in mind). As half-assed as they are compared to a stock LP640, they really did bring in a wider fanbase since Underground 1's release (hence, my registration in this site).

So no matter how much you despise tuners in terms of specs or reputation, you should give them some credit for bringing the franchise to what it is today, out-doing Forza Motorsport (barely), Gran Turismo (again, barely), Ridge Racer, and most Racers you would find in an arcade.* Yes, the exotics have started the franchise, but it's about how you can continue said franchise. If you can't keep it going for longer, then it won't matter when it started at all.

P.S.: To some people who recognized that I didn't put Burnout in that list, Need for Speed, has not been, is not, and possibly never will be, as good as Burnout.
Understandable, but I fail to see any point other than it's multiplatform as to why it would be selling more than the majority of the franchises you said. In other words, if franchises such as GT and Forza were multi-plat, then they'd be selling a lot more than NFS, I can tell you now!!

Oh, and while tuners kept the NFS series going, they also released the insanity within Ricers to make their cars look utterly crap because "they saw it in a video game".

Oh, and to the person who said the Supra can go faster than a Veyron: that's all well and good, but can it be actually be drivable at those speeds for one, and for two, I don't doubt it if you have proof, but did you just assume from ProStreet that it could go faster than the Veyron in which it can't anyway?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Again, who cares,if it can go as fast as a Veyron..? As I said in another topic.. anything that's overclocked/tuned/spiced up/whatever will go down WAY faster than something that was MEANT to run that fast at default speeds. It's that way for computers, for bikes, for cars and for anything else!Stuff is meant to run at what it's meant to run. Making it run faster increases wearing. Increased wearing means it breaks earlier. Which is best? Tuning 10 supras or buying 1 Veyron? Well.. in theory, that is.. as the people on the planet with enough money to buy a veyron are very limited..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

But for a game it doesn't matter if the cars are tuned or not, it's not like you have to replace the engine more often etc.

Remember we are talking about the cars for a game, and what might be possible there (and possible in real live without the logical wear and tear)

For me the whole idea of a racing game is to do things you most likely or will never do in real live, wich is eighter go beserk in a Ferarri in the Rocky mountains (early NFS games) or maximise the performance of a sportscar by tuning the crap out of it and to see what it can and can't do.

For me Forza 2 is a great game, you can race exotics wich are already very fast or start with a low/mid end sportscar and tune it and pump up the power and see how far you can go,
And you are able to get high amounts of power out of some cars but you will also find out that power isn't everything, and that even if you have more power in your sportscar than a Porsche 911 that it isn't always faster, because there is only so much you can do in terms of handling before you reach the limit of what the chassis can handle.
And that for me is the fun in the game.
I like to find out what the best Carclass is for a specific car, and that takes time, but it's fun to do cause some cars in the game are best in their original class while other can be very competitive against cars 2 classes up.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Of course. I was speaking about the tuning concept in general and explaining why I simply prefer exotics to tuners. Exotics are just that.. exotic, both in looks and in performance. They are built for speed, much more so than tuners. They look much better and handle much better, which is why, if I should choose in a game, I would prefer exotics over tuners =). That's it, really. Because it is a game and money is not an issue, I have a tough time understanding why one would go for a fancy sportscar and make it something it is not, when there is the possibility to drive the ultimate edition, which is, by definition, better at everything. I mean, it's not like one would choose a 350z and pump it up in a game to get a REALISTIC feel of what it would be like, should one buy it in real life and pump it up there! If the game was a means to finding out how much a real car could be pushed in order to make a decent decision on which car to invest in, then I would understand it. But, from where I'm standing, it's closer to asking, do you prefer to fly in a jet or a propeller plane? Do you prefer an overgeared steam engine or petrol? I don't know, if you catch my drift. Either way, it's pointless. To each his own =). Tuners can be fun, but when given the opportunity to play with the big toys, I know where I stand.. hehe

Return to “ProStreet”